2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

12 hours ago, JohnnyTapia said:

I feel like we’re gonna get letdown as usual

11 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Yeah, he's not coming here. 

11 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Agreed, OU bound

11 hours ago, Laga4 said:

I just hope our side doesn't feel confident.  

I love the Surly optimism for Texas getting transfer Drew Sanders... unfortunately it might be right

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Constant said:

Sanders stuff is quiet on OU front as well. I think maybe this kid actually keeps things close to the vest. 

Dude basically flipped to Bama after a little flirting without any real drama. He clearly doesn't care for the dog and pony aspect of recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

It's a fake, but yeah -- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let these two meet any time in the next TWO decades.

Would prefer a home and home while Lincoln is still coaching SC because he's going to need a real security detail in Oklahoma.

And the game in the Coliseum will have more Oklahoman going to California than the Dust Bowl.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ousux said:
55 minutes ago, pacman said:
there is 1 crystal ball from ark, made early am. however, there is evidence this guy is a dumbass.

723131498_Screenshot_20220116-085245_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9706c653e0dc23f98eb89de4809504d0.jpg

The pic and "Hawgsports.com" are all the evidence I need.

Image of Of course! Land-snatching!

Edited by Bevo

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He was committed to you guys as a TE prospect, he flipped to Bama to play defense.

I know. I was making a comment on your point about discretion.

I'm sort wondering if he looks at these 3 program vs Bama and says "Eh, I'm ok where I am."

Hopefully Jahleel shuts it down today. Would be nice to get that one closed out. 

Not important but that HS recruitment was bizarre for Jaylen Moody. Pretty low 3-star but signed with Bama and had a Clemson offer too. Sounds like he's a special teams baller and was also second string LB.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Atticus said:

NIL price driving? To entice him?

It’s pretty obvious the #1 criteria for Caleb’s camp is NIL money. He needs a second player to drive up the price at USC. At some point, these kids are going to over play their hands though 

Edited by Constant

When new coaches like Sark and Riley need QBs in the portal in year 1 or 2, I understand. They inherited QBs who suck or don’t fit their scheme or don’t want to play for someone they didn’t commit to. 

When Kirby Smart goes after a QB after 6 seasons at Jawja, I don’t get how they don’t see it as a red flag that he can’t assess, recruit and develop QBs himself. Kids just want to win, but Fields knew UGA was not going to turn him into a high draft pick. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Hopefully Jahleel shuts it down today. Would be nice to get that one closed out. 

Not important but that HS recruitment was bizarre for Jaylen Moody. Pretty low 3-star but signed with Bama and had a Clemson offer too. Sounds like he's a special teams baller and was also second string LB.

This.  While Moody isn't the top line talent everyone was hoping for, what he is is a 4 year contributor, special teams player for Banks, and a primary backup (who was slated to be a starter before an all-world talent hit the portal) on a championship team loaded with 5 star talents at every single position.   Its not unreasonable to think he is better than what he have on campus and more ready to contribute immediately than any HS prospect we might bring in.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

When new coaches like Sark and Riley need QBs in the portal in year 1 or 2, I understand. They inherited QBs who suck or don’t fit their scheme or don’t want to play for someone they didn’t commit to. 

When Kirby Smart goes after a QB after 6 seasons at Jawja, I don’t get how they don’t see it as a red flag that he can’t assess, recruit and develop QBs himself. Kids just want to win, but Fields knew UGA was not going to turn him into a high draft pick. 

In regards to Smart….To me it’s a system and philosophy. We saw the same thing at Bama. Does he have the guts to make the switch like Saban? Until then I’d agree, QBs won’t stay at Georgia

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If you see a potential upgrade in the portal, you should at least try.  However, I agree that Kirby is not known to be a qb whisperer. 

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Look, I agree with your thoughts about QB, but the guy just won the national title. I’d like some red flags like that, please. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

Look, I agree with your thoughts about QB, but the guy just won the national title. I’d like some red flags like that, please. 

Bennett was fine. Defense, running game and Bama injuries were more important. 

If I’m Vandagriff, I feel like I got really bad advice when I committed to UGA since Kirby is already looking to recruit over me in the portal. Eventually these HS QBs will stop getting bamboozled by coaches who don’t want to develop you. 

(Mathis, Sanders, and others.)

Brandon Drumm
Update 11:28 am

Spoiler

Brandon Drumm
Update 11:28 am

*** Oklahoma has been in contact with TCU EDGE transfer Ochaun Mathis. I don’t expect much to become of it but wanted to pass it along nonetheless.

Mathis is expected to Texas right now. If that changes we will update you all.

*** Speaking of TCU transfers. Right now, sources I talk to about OL transfer Tyler Guyton seem to like where Oklahoma stands. We will be paying close attention to this one as he gets more and more close to a decision and the fact Oklahoma classes start on Tuesday.

People around Norman seem to love Guyton’s frame and upside. Would be a good addition to Oklahoma’s roster.

*** DL transfer Mekhi Wingo is he’s headed to USC for a visit now. I don’t know how that visit will go, but USC is desperate for talent on the DL, according to people I talk with about the Trojans and their 2022 roster.

That said, OU did a great job hosting Wingo. They made sure they showed how he wouid be developed by Coach Bates and what he could become in the Sooners system.

LSU and OU were the two you heard the most about with Wingo the last week or so, but USC and their need for help on DL couid be what changes things here.

This is one that will be interesting to watch down the stretch.

*** Finally, Oklahoma was hosting five-star OL Josh Conerly this weekend. While he is likely still on his official (as we speak at 1040am), what I can add is that OU has been doing all they can to press the fact they need tackles and OL.

I’m told Conerly and Bedenbaugh have connected a ton and that Oklahoma feels like they have done all they can do with Conerly. One source even noted, “It’s obvious that Conerly knows what Bill Bedenbaugh can do for him or he wouldn’t be on the visit (to Oklahoma),” the source noted about the five-star OL. “He will be a guy that takes a while to make a decision, but he’s worth the wait with how talented he is. (OU) has put everything in front of him that they could.”

The way OU and Brent Venables have been recruiting, it seems as if OU will have more than a punchers chance with Conerly. However, the five-star will be waiting until March, I’m told, to take all of his visits.

He is also headed to the Polynesian All American game after the OU visit. Our 247Sports national reporter, Brandon Huffman, should have more from Conerly as his visit ends.

Stay tuned there.

*** Was told this morning that Arkansas is now starting to feel good about their chances with Edge transfer Drew Sanders.

I’m gonna do some more digging on this. Last night, OU was feeling good but like everyone else but wasn’t totally sure.

Note: Arkansas yesterday wasn’t too sure. This morning got a message from someone connected up there and was told that they now are starting feel good about their chances. All I can pass along at this time. Sanders is a hard guy to follow, as I stated from the jump.

Stay tuned.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Bennett was fine. Defense, running game and Bama injuries were more important. 

If I’m Vandagriff, I feel like I got really bad advice when I committed to UGA since Kirby is already looking to recruit over me in the portal. Eventually these HS QBs will stop getting bamboozled by coaches who don’t want to develop you. 

The head coaches job is to get the best players and coach them up. Not upgrading when you have a chance will get you fired much faster than hoping you don’t hurt a players feelings.

41 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This.  While Moody isn't the top line talent everyone was hoping for, what he is is a 4 year contributor, special teams player for Banks, and a primary backup (who was slated to be a starter before an all-world talent hit the portal) on a championship team loaded with 5 star talents at every single position.   Its not unreasonable to think he is better than what he have on campus and more ready to contribute immediately than any HS prospect we might bring in.  

Moody is a spare. We just had a group of LB/Edge guys come in last year and not do shit, one of whom was also from Bama. This feels a lot more like that than anything else.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)