Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

3 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’m furiously masturbating to all this fanfiction that these enemy fanbases have about us.  After being shit on for the past decade+ it is going to be a rude awakening for these cocksuckers when we start steamrolling them all.  Make no mistake, the Death Star is nearly fully operational.

I don' think I like this Death Star comparison. Always close but no cigar seems to be its' destiny and I for one want another 10 year run that gets us to the promise land multiple times this time.

Edited by DanTheHorn
I guess storm trooper uniforms and all
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

“Confirmed?” That’s doing a lot of work in this post. 

Gerry posted about LSU being basically out of the Simmons hunt in close succession to him posting about Simmons being very astute and able to catch coaches lying to him...confirmed may be a strong word....but...Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

7 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2023-07-04-07-29-45-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

We have more Top 5 recruiting classes than any other football program in the country?  Where do they come up with this stuff?

Texas recruiting rankings by year:
2012 - 2
2013 - 17
2014 - 17
2015 - 10
2016 - 7
2017 - 25
2018 - 3
2019 - 3
2020 - 8
2021 - 15
2022 - 5

Alabama recruiting rankings by year:
2012 - 1
2013 - 1
2014 - 1
2015 - 1
2016 - 1
2017 - 1
2018 - 5
2019 - 1
2020 - 2
2021 - 1
2022 - 2

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Gerry posted about LSU being basically out of the Simmons hunt in close succession to him posting about Simmons being very astute and able to catch coaches lying to him...confirmed may be a strong word....but...Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

Yeah, I know the genesis. A 995er implying something verbally and not in writing, without naming what or who misled him is pretty far from confirmed imo. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, cochamps said:

The egregiously stupid personal foul called when aggy hit our receiver out of bounds.  Yes, I remember.

If they had a guy drop the ball the way Gideon did, they would probably blame it on a wet ball conspiracy instead of just admitting their player fucked up. They would then go on to give themselves the next 3 national championships in their own minds.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Haha 1

I love how they use rivals for the thread, then say there is a 2-star difference between Washington and the WR they took, even though Rivals as him as a 4-star, yet On3 (the site run by UT bitches) has him as a 5-star. I mean holy shit they are complete and total fucking morons.

21 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

We have more Top 5 recruiting classes than any other football program in the country?  Where do they come up with this stuff?

Texas recruiting rankings by year:
2012 - 2
2013 - 17
2014 - 17
2015 - 10
2016 - 7
2017 - 25
2018 - 3
2019 - 3
2020 - 8
2021 - 15
2022 - 5

Alabama recruiting rankings by year:
2012 - 1
2013 - 1
2014 - 1
2015 - 1
2016 - 1
2017 - 1
2018 - 5
2019 - 1
2020 - 2
2021 - 1
2022 - 2

Well he may have meant that we have achieved the least with the most Top 5 finishes. Everyone on this list should be embarrassed by what Clemson has achieved with only two top 5 finishes and it may have happened after their last MNC. The numbers are for 2010 to 2022.

Team Top 5s
Texas 6
Alabama 13
USC 5
Oklahoma 1
Florida 4
Florida St 4
Ohio State 9
Auburn 1
Michigan 2
Notre Dame 1
LSU 6
Aggy 3
Tennessee 1
Georgia 6
Ole Miss 1
Clemson 2

Edited by DanTheHorn

I am not sure where that list came from, but it is clearly lost on them that the B12 has zero intention or motivation of putting a spotlight on Texas players in their final year in the league as witnessed by last season's end of year awards. Some of the omissions on the list are actually pretty comical. No Jahdae Barron, No Ryan Watts, No Jalen Catalon, No T'vondre Sweat, No Christian Jones, No AD Mitchell. Sure guys, Georgia's best receiver with TD catches in two national title games is not able to beat out guys from Ok State and Tech. Jalen Catalon, an all-american, is unable to beat out some dudes from Kansas. It don't make a shit as long as we end the year on the podium. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy would sacrifice that stupid dog to have Jaylon Ford at LB over the current scrubs they have.

They've already sacrificed a few...this thing is filling up faster than the hall of champions

LmpwZw.jpg

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Haha 4

Just now, texifornia said:

The offseason history rewrite is well underway

F0cL1HZXwAAsNGk?format=jpg&name=mediumF0cL1wDWcAIiDLo?format=jpg&name=medium

i'm pretty sure there is a near photocopy of this exact post re: Greg Davis or Shawn Watson somewhere on the internet.

• now that the dust has settled, the play calling wasn't that bad!
  • the game plans were a big factor in it, and his game plans weren't great but they were not bad!
  • the game plans were basically the same as every year and weren't fundamentally lacking, but the team was young or was young at specific positions
  • game planning for young players is nearly impossible
  • QB play wasn't good and we had a lot of players playing there
  • they finished strong once they all got on the same page - look at how they did in X game
  • Greg Davis has not los this tough and is not antiquated. next year we return a ton of talent and they have been in the system a full year, including spring and summer!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The offseason history rewrite is well underway

F0cL1HZXwAAsNGk?format=jpg&name=mediumF0cL1wDWcAIiDLo?format=jpg&name=mediumF0cL2K5XgAUxRlN?format=jpg&name=mediumF0cL2olXoAMF8XM?format=jpg&name=medium

"Kiffin basically never uses motion and his offense is considered cutting edge" 

This is so perfect. Not only does this genius out himself as a know nothing blowhard, but refutes his own point in the subsequent drivel about streamlining the playbook. Kiffin has one of the simplest playbooks in cfb - it's his formations and speed of execution that make him "cutting edge" and there's not enough dynamite in the world to "streamline" Jimbo's playbook into something similar. 

• Hook 'Em 1

F0b6ue1XoAEsKT9?format=jpg&name=large

Looking at their schedule, I’ll be shocked if they do better than 7-5…

-Slim odds that they beat Tennessee at Neyland or LSU in Death Valley
-Alabama is replacing a lot, but they still have an 80% win percentage vs A&M all time
-They face Ole Miss on the road, and Kiffin has their number
-South Carolina returns Rattler
-Miami should be much better in year 2 under Cristobal
-Arkansas has a senior QB under center (KJ Jefferson), loaded up in the portal and will be highly motivated (they gave away the game last year)
-Auburn should be MUCH better under Hugh Freeze and with Phil Montgomery as OC
-Miss State won’t have the pirate (RIP), but this match up has usually been a toss up historically
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread