Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

It amazes me still that aggy spins their decade of extreme cheating as some sort of conspiracy to hold them down. They're lucky their football program didn't get the death sentence like SMU.

Also, there were a lot of all men's universities that were successful in football so that excuse also rings hollow

15 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It amazes me still that aggy spins their decade of extreme cheating as some sort of conspiracy to hold them down. They're lucky their football program didn't get the death sentence like SMU.

Apparently they used their jizz jar to grease the wheels and avoid the death sentence like SMU.  But that's a lot of mouth to jar transfer...

• Hook 'Em 1

"Unfortunately, this means negative spin for Aggie athletic achievements."

"Negative spin?"  Really?  Other than a brief moment of Track and Field Glory about 15 years ago, what Aggie athletic achievements is he referring to? And how is it possible to "spin"  zero athletic achievements?  Given A&Ms incredible size and vast wealth, you'd think they'd have somehow managed to fall ass backwards into a baseball title or two, a basketball title somewhere along the way, some swimming or golf or tennis national championships ... But, no. Aggie athletic futility is statistically improbable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Man, an entire thread on the ability to turn young experience into more wins season over season for atm, while they laugh the same idea for Texas and ewers is fucking chef’s kiss. It literally is Tobias.Might.Work.For.Us.gif. Fucking morons. 

“After the 70s it’s basically even.”

ok, let’s toss

out the fedex era, and do from the 90s. He’ll the 2000s. What’s that look like?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

That is a mind-numbing catalogue of Aggie dishonesty and idiocy. Their claims about Texas and Royal and their manly war-fighting have been refuted a thousand times to absolutely no effect. Interesting that one of their projectionists writes the below:

image.png.a879bd071ef43519817b1be79152fd49.png

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That is a mind-numbing catalogue of Aggie dishonesty and idiocy. Their claims about Texas and Royal and their manly war-fighting have been refuted a thousand times to absolutely no effect. Interesting that one of their projectionists writes the below:

You can't invite national powers like App State to your home & expect to actually win.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Love how they blame the early losses to being an “all male military academy”, when the real fucking Military Academy absolutely dominated college football during that period 

I came here to post this as Army and Navy Shit all over every team. The fake military at aggyland couldn’t keep up 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

The other thing is that the only thing they really care about is how they do against us.

Okay, stipulate to the "modern era" starting in 1974 after they went something like 4-30-1 against us and we won the conference six years in a row. Suddenly, everything gets modern.

Other than the record against us, what do they have to show for it? They won the dying SWC a lot during the FedEx years. Let's count those. They also have one Heisman winner who never played against us, so Johnny Manziel shouldn't really figure into this, but give them that.

Since 1974, Texas has played four post season games where victory would have meant winning a national championship: 1977, 1983, 2005, and 2009. The Aggies got close in 1975 before two humiliating losses to end the season. So, zip for them.

We've had two Heisman winners who destroyed the Aggies in direct competition. They have Manziel who really wishes he could have gone to Texas.

During the Mack Brown years, 10-win seasons and being in the MNC discussion was the norm. Even after the almost annual loss to OU, by season's end we were often in the discussion.

We're unhappy that we only won the Big 12 three times (we're bitter about 2008, but don't count it). Aggies won in 1998 after getting shellacked by us, and they haven't come close since.

Anybody under the age of about 40 has no direct memory of the Wrecking Crew. They may vaguely remember the last few years of the SWC, but what they know is Texas domination.

All they have is the claim about the modern era record which they've seen melt away from a solid winning record against Texas when they first invented it to right at even. And. They. Celebrate. It.

When we reassert dominance, I expect they'll concoct a way to claim victories against us when they were SECSECSEC, and we were BDF, the prior conference where they were mediocre.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

Why do they use 1974 as their ultimate benchmark? They started admitting female students in 1963. 

Parts of the 80’s and 90’s were admittedly rough, but we owned their asses from 2000-2011.

Their leather helmets argument bullshit is laughable. They were a non-factor from 1945 right up to Jackie Sherrill. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It is stunning how effective a cult can be.  Texas Tech and Okie State are largely viewed as mid-major programs and they absolutely know exactly who they are and where they are in the pecking order.  But that cult has convinced them they are a conspiracy away from being a mash-up of Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Alabama, and USC coupled with the Navy, Army, and Air Force military record.    In reality, they have the cub scouts' military service record and the space force's history.  

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Why do they use 1974 as their ultimate benchmark? They started admitting female students in 1963. 

Parts of the 80’s and 90’s were admittedly rough, but we owned their asses from 2000-2011.

Their leather helmets argument bullshit is laughable. They were a non-factor from 1945 right up to Jackie Sherrill. 

But those numbers don't look so good, including 2 national titles for Texas during that time.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

It is stunning how effective a cult can be.  Texas Tech and Okie State are largely viewed as mid-major programs and they absolutely know exactly who they are and where they are in the pecking order.  But that cult has convinced them they are a conspiracy away from being a mash-up of Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Alabama, and USC coupled with the Navy, Army, and Air Force military record.    In reality, they have the cub scouts' military service record and the space force's history.  

But those numbers don't look so good, including 2 national titles for Texas during that time.  

Yeah, so Texas was playing Arkansas in the game of the century while the fighting Texas aggys were marching on Hanoi? 

Their reasoning is so goddamned confusing, I don’t know how they follow it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah, so Texas was playing Arkansas in the game of the century while the fighting Texas aggys were marching on Hanoi? 

Their reasoning is so goddamned confusing, I don’t know how they follow it. 

However, Festinger believed that all people are motivated to avoid or resolve cognitive dissonance due to the discomfort it causes. This can prompt people to adopt certain defense mechanisms when they have to confront it.

These defense mechanisms fall into three categories:

• Avoiding: This involves avoiding or ignoring the dissonance. A person may avoid people or situations that remind them of it, discourage people from talking about it, or distract themselves from it with consuming tasks.
  • Delegitimizing: This involves undermining evidence of the dissonance. A person may do this by discrediting the person, group, or situation that highlighted the dissonance. For example, they might say it is untrustworthy or biased.
  • Limiting impact: This involves limiting the discomfort of cognitive dissonance by belittling its importance. A person may do this by claiming the behavior is rare or a one-off event, or by providing rational arguments to convince themselves or others that the behavior is OK.

Alternatively, people may take steps to try to resolve the inconsistency. It is possible to resolve cognitive dissonance by either changing one’s behavior or changing one’s beliefs so they are consistent with each other.

Festinger never met an aggy

• Hook 'Em 1

78669AG:  I have a story for y’all…My grandpa was mediocre at football. This story is about some other guy. That guy (Ragan Gennusa, probably) was good at football, got a scholarship from Darrell Royal, and took advantage of the opportunity (story should end here). My grandpa didn’t, but I’m going to make it seem as if he turned down a scholarship at Texas…because he didn’t want to compete for playing time (noble cause), and chose SFA instead (good plot twist, eh?). Gramps got homesick in Nac (so playing time really didn’t matter…let me guess, the gf was back in PA?) and decided it would be best to finish at Lamar. Hence, no ag tag (Tarleton?), and I have to tell this shitty ass story about how my grandpa’s poor judgment and inability to challenge himself is somehow indicative of some malfeasance by Darrell Royal, even if it were true (he gave scholarships to girls?! That’s an unfair advantage!), to a bunch of dumbasses who think what allegedly happened with the QB was on par with buying a kid a gold car and still getting spurned, in order to fit in…as if paying for two stars wasn’t enough.
Epilogue: Mr. Gennusa earned a BFA from Texas and did quite well for himself as a professional artist of some renown. Gramps maybe got a degree from Lamar.
Moral of the story—if Texas offers you a scholarship, take it.

Also, “if it happened before the 70s, it’s basically irrelevant” …So, Texas 2 A&M 0, in the shit that really matters, then?

Army fielded arguably the strongest team(s) in college football history precisely because they were a military service academy (a real one)..I believe ctj or somebody has a nice thread dedicated to this history on the football board. Navy had two Heisman winners and two top five finishes in the early 60s. As always, their arguments have no merits.

• Hook 'Em 6

"Unfortunately, this means negative spin for Aggie athletic achievements."

"Negative spin?"  Really?  Other than a brief moment of Track and Field Glory about 15 years ago, what Aggie athletic achievements is he referring to? And how is it possible to "spin"  zero athletic achievements?  Given A&Ms incredible size and vast wealth, you'd think they'd have somehow managed to fall ass backwards into a baseball title or two, a basketball title somewhere along the way, some swimming or golf or tennis national championships ... But, no. Aggie athletic futility is statistically improbable. 

Only statistically impossible if your under a normal distribution, they aren’t normal though…

21 hours ago, texifornia said:

image.png.97d229b0ce6a89c9f7a800f40402a27c.png

the swimming pool was invented during the 3rd millennium BC. swimming pools with diving boards have existed in London since 1837.

College Station was founded in 1860.

those hayseeds didn't invent the swimming pool or pool parties.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

the swimming pool was invented during the 3rd millennium BC. swimming pools with diving boards have existed in London since 1837.

College Station was founded in 1860.

those hayseeds didn't invent the swimming pool or pool parties.

I also think Charlie was doing the pool party thing before Jimbo just with out the bags

• Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

pulling this from reddit 7 years ago re: "Modern Era" starting:

• 1936 - AP Poll Begins
    • 1946 - Post WW2 Stability
    • 1950 - Beginning of the Coaches Poll (Easier for math in many cases, people like round numbers, and this is after a period of many rule changes)
    • 1965 - AP Poll switches to after Bowl Games making them count for championship consideration
    • 1973 - 105 Scholarship Limit (Beginning of Parity Rules)
    • 1974 - Coaches poll begins to be after Bowl Games
    • 1978 - 95 Scholarship Limit (Split between Div 1-A/Div 1-AA which would become FBS/FCS)
    • 1982 - Teams end transition between Div 1-A/Div 1-AA
    • 1984 - NCAA vs Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma
    • 1992 - 85 Scholarship Limit, First FBS Conference Championship Game, Beginning of the Bowl Coalition
    • 1995 - Bowl Alliance Begins (SWC Collapse ended Bowl Coalition)
    • 1998 - Beginning of the BCS (Rose Bowl, Big 10, Pac 10 join Bowl Alliance)
    • 2014 - Beginning of the College Football Playoff

more from comments over there:

•  

• Pre-bowl era: 1869-1902 (from the invention of CFB to the first Rose Bowl)

• Pre-poll era: 1902-1935 (from the Rose bowl to the first AP Poll and the start of the Sugar, Cotton, and Orange bowls)

• Pre-bowl Poll era: 1936-1967 (from the first AP Poll until they started annually releasing a Poll after bowl games)

• Post-bowl Poll era: 1968-1992 (from first annual poll after the bowls until the Bowl Alliance Coalition, also includes the FBS/FCS split)

• Modern Era: 1992-present

-

regarding 1974, the real answer is because between 1960 and 1974 Texas won 12 of the 14 games played, but from 1975 - 1985 they won 6 of 10. they will say it is scholarship limits, but lol. are we to believe Texas was signing like 100 players/year (think about that # again) and had 350 players on campus and were the only ones doing it? lol

what's funny is it doesn't matter what way you slice it, Texas literally has a winning record in just about any way I can cut it. how many other rivalries can say that in any era, any location, one team has a better winning % every single way you slice and dice it.

image.png.40441345c8e23bcb2ff5995516baa961.png

i left off the results post WW2 (1946-present), which are 43-22-1 giving Texas a 65.2 win%. hell if you give them 10 years to recover from WW2, so 1956-present Texas still has a 61.4 win%

if you look at the top played CFB rivalry games out there most of them are close all time.

• Minn-Wisc: 132 meetings - 62-62-8, tied
  • Auburn-UGA: 127 meetings - 63-56-8, Georgia
  • NCarolina-Virginia: 127 meetings - 65-59-4, NCarolina
  • Cincy-Miami of OH: 126 meetings - 60-59-7, Cincy
  • Oregon-Oregon State: 126 meetings - 57-49-10, Oregon
  • Cal-Stanford: 125 meetings - 65-49-11

throw in Texas-OU (63-50-5, Texas leads), TCU-Baylor (58-53-7, TCU), or The Game (61-51-6, Michigan)

then you have Texas-Texas A&M which Texas leads 76-37-5 lol

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

1975 - 1985 they won 6 of 10. they will say it is scholarship limits, but lol. are we to believe Texas was signing like 100 players/year (think about that # again) and had 350 players on campus and were the only ones doing it? lol

I believe it's been pointed up many times here that A&M was giving out more scholarships than Texas during the 1960s. I'm guessing that's why they invented the lie about DKR giving scholarships to girlfriends and pets.

The deal about scholarships to soak up all the talent so they wouldn't go elsewhere falls apart on its face.

Are we to believe that four great running backs would be willing to sit the bench at Texas and cheer the fifth great running back? Linemen? Defensive backs? It's absurd on its face unless you're a yokel cultist willing to repeat the big lie over and over. There are non-Aggies who have heard the lies so often that the lies are given credence.

It's also worth pointing out that we couldn't keep great talent from OU and other teams in the SWC. Aggies just can't admit that there are schools players would much rather attend than Texas A&M. To them, it must be cheating and media conspiracy keeping them from their rightful spot on the throne of college football.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Dear lord they need new material. Don’t the get bored writing the same tired platitudes over and over, year after year (overrated team and recruits, whiny Texas fans, blah blah blah)?

And before anyone says “well it’s because Texas football has been in a rut,” I’ll mention that they were writing the same things in the 00s. It doesn’t matter.

Edited by Hank Chinaski

55 minutes ago, WBT said:

Indeed, believe it or not, the school with a newly built resort-style pool on campus started doing the recruiting pool party before the school that has to go to the equivalent of a Riverside apartment complex. 

Miami has the party at Mario Cristobal's ~$8m house. imagine comparing this to whatever complex a&M is using lol

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/miami-hurricanes-football-inside-mario-cristobals-new-coral-gabl-187095437/#1889916

https://www.outkick.com/mario-cristobal-miami-mansion-photos/

https://frontofficesports.com/mario-cristobals-7-9m-mansion-matches-gargantuan-coaching-contract/

FRxmbDcXwAIWfzr?format=jpg&name=large

Mario-Cristobal-buys-Miami-house-3.jpg

FRxmcrmX0AAeWsF?format=jpg&name=large

11070205.jpeg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,of

Edited by NoName
  • Drool 2

18 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I have tried, I mean really tried to find another example of projection, either individually, or as a group that compares to aggy.  I got nothing, nothing even close. It's got to be a genetic flaw to accomplish aggy level of bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Let's go with their theory about scholarship limits.  There were no limits and DKR had 1000 guys on the roster while they only had 100 or whatever the numbers.  If you had the means to give 1000 guys scholarships, and it was within the rules, why would you NOT do it?  

If it was within the rules at the time, why didn't they do the same as Texas and carpet bomb the recruiting world with scholarships?  Were they too stupid or were they too poor?  

Goat lord on Twitter: ".@HARDWELL https://t.co/LZUgE3z01w" / Twitter

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I believe it's been pointed up many times here that A&M was giving out more scholarships than Texas during the 1960s. I'm guessing that's why they invented the lie about DKR giving scholarships to girlfriends and pets.

The deal about scholarships to soak up all the talent so they wouldn't go elsewhere falls apart on its face.

Are we to believe that four great running backs would be willing to sit the bench at Texas and cheer the fifth great running back? Linemen? Defensive backs? It's absurd on its face unless you're a yokel cultist willing to repeat the big lie over and over. There are non-Aggies who have heard the lies so often that the lies are given credence.

It's also worth pointing out that we couldn't keep great talent from OU and other teams in the SWC. Aggies just can't admit that there are schools players would much rather attend than Texas A&M. To them, it must be cheating and media conspiracy keeping them from their rightful spot on the throne of college football.

It is a lie.  They signed larger classes than Texas in the 60s.  And we were not really hoarding elite talent.  Texas was great because DKR was a HOF coach and ran an innovative system that it took awhile to counter.  We were not getting all the blue chips.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Indeed, believe it or not, the school with a newly built resort-style pool on campus started doing the recruiting pool party before the school that has to go to the equivalent of a Riverside apartment complex. 

Metropolis!!

14 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

The SWC had scholarship limits starting in like 1963.  Also, DKR really didn't sign large classes.  My recollection is that A&M had much larger classes than us in the 60s.  They love to make shit up and then repeat it as gospel.

I don't know how the numbers shook out for all years, but during that timeframe aggy signed more players than the Horns more than once.

Also, this argument (they signed everyone) was used to justify protection for the small private schools (Rice, Baylor, SMU, TCU) and something aggy was allegedly engaged in for the purpose of that argument. 

Fucking lazy bitches riding what should've been Rice's excuse had they ever chosen to use it. 

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread