Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

13 hours ago, LOHorn said:

No they wouldn’t. There is no law saying that student athletic fees can’t be used for coaches salaries, or even that universities have to disclose they are taking athletic specific fees in most of the country.

It’s already been indicated that coaches can contribute to NIL funds. 

Yes, they would. 

If you are in higher ed, you know one of the major issues is tuition billing. Students have been very active across the country in making sure their tuition bills are itemized so they know specifically what they are paying for and where their money is going. Students are fighting back on junk fees with tuition and on obscure things on the bill in which they don't know what it is or where, specifically, that money is going. 

If students find out their tuition is eventually going to pay for the football player who sits next to them in class, then that will cause an uproar. 

As far a laws as to what student athletic fees can be used for, that is on an institution by institution basis. Larger P5 institutions have optional fees like UT where you pay for it if you want and it gives you access. As long as it's optional, it's fine because students know what they are signing up for. You can't just backdoor it on to tuition for all students. 

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Man I hope Kiffen breaks his foot off in Jimbos ass this week. And LOL at them saying they have a great defense. 

You'd think with Elijah Robinson and a a DL group that's basically 7-deep with four and five stars, they'd at least be decent at rushing the passer enough to cover for their wretched secondary a little bit. But from what little aggy I've watched this season, they can't even manage that. That level of incompetence is almost impressive (something I find myself saying about them pretty regularly)

3 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

You'd think with Elijah Robinson and a a DL group that's basically 7-deep with four and five stars, they'd at least be decent at rushing the passer enough to cover for their wretched secondary a little bit. But from what little aggy I've watched this season, they can't even manage that. That level of incompetence is almost impressive (something I find myself saying about them pretty regularly)

Their scheme is so bad for it though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

You would also think that all of those 4 and 5 star guys could stop the run. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Aggies talked up their defense by listing their rankings and saying Ole Miss hasn't faced a defense like theirs. How many good offenses has that defense faced? They got a lot of sacks against poor OLs. 

Kiffen can put the shroud over whatever life is left in the A&M football season. Make it so.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

You would also think that all of those 4 and 5 star guys could stop the run. 

That too. Just unbelievable how much wasted DL talent at aggy. I can't believe more of them haven't transferred already, bags or no bags (although I'm sure there's more coming this offseason). I genuinely wonder how many of those guys are blowing their shot at the pros. A Whataburger sack stuffed with 10s and 20s is peanuts compared to NFL money

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The Aggies talked up their defense by listing their rankings and saying Ole Miss hasn't faced a defense like theirs. How many good offenses has that defense faced? They got a lot of sacks against poor OLs. 

Kiffen can put the shroud over whatever life is left in the A&M football season. Make it so.

Stupid sip. Even the worst offenses in the SEC would hang 77 on any BDF team

Legette being out bailed them out so bad. If USCe's OC had even half a brain (and that's anyone's guess. He IS a football coach, after all, so I'm skeptical), he would have just gone to him on every other play and aggy wouldn't have ever been able to find an answer

Edited by campcrunk
Punctuation matters

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Man I hope Kiffen breaks his foot off in Jimbos ass this week. And LOL at them saying they have a great defense. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

*Kiffin

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Yes, they would. 

If you are in higher ed, you know one of the major issues is tuition billing. Students have been very active across the country in making sure their tuition bills are itemized so they know specifically what they are paying for and where their money is going. Students are fighting back on junk fees with tuition and on obscure things on the bill in which they don't know what it is or where, specifically, that money is going. 

If students find out their tuition is eventually going to pay for the football player who sits next to them in class, then that will cause an uproar. 

As far a laws as to what student athletic fees can be used for, that is on an institution by institution basis. Larger P5 institutions have optional fees like UT where you pay for it if you want and it gives you access. As long as it's optional, it's fine because students know what they are signing up for. You can't just backdoor it on to tuition for all students. 

Tuition billing is a major item, especially post-COVID and campus fees. None of that changes the fact that students have very little power to change the athletic fees, or really any fees. And they don't have to be called athletics fees. My institution has "no fees", just a flat rate for classes. But it transfers several million dollars to the athletic department every year.

Most public universities aren't even required openly disclose them, excepting some laws in VA and the Carolinas. You have to make a request. Private institutions are free to do as the wish, though there is some stuff related to receiving federal monies. Still, in general, schools don't need to openly share with students what their fees are, or where they are going. And most schools are not inclined to do so.

In some cases students have complained about the athletic fees, passed student congress complaints about the fees and projected raises in them, and the boards have approved them anyway over those complaints. Students must pay what the tuition and fees are, and the universities set those as the wish. Students can raise a fuss, and try to shine a light on it, but the university is under no obligation to answer to those complaints. 

And, frankly, students should know that their tuition money is already going to the football or basketball player next to them. Be it through "institutional support" for scholarships, athletics dorms or facilities, or food. Probably not at Texas, Michigan, or Alabama, but most everywhere else. It's only a matter of time till someone gets NIL connected. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

Good grief. We could fuck up a soup sandwich, couldn't we? This is a normally excellent and entertaining thread. You guys look like you're trying to turn it into something that is going to cause the rest of us to start longing for a tax law discussion or the latest and greatest with best practices in the world of forensic accounting.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

Stupid sip. Even the worst offenses in the SEC would hang 77 on any BDF team

Legette being out bailed them out so bad. If USCe's OC had even half a brain (and that's anyone's guess. He IS a football coach, after all, so I'm skeptical), he would have just gone to him on every other play and aggy wouldn't have ever been able to find an answer

I watched the game, I can't speak to the snap count, but Legette played. He had 3 receptions for 20 yards.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Good grief. We could fuck up a soup sandwich, couldn't we? This is a normally excellent and entertaining thread. You guys look like you're trying to turn it into something that is going to cause the rest of us to start longing for a tax law discussion or the latest and greatest with best practices in the world of forensic accounting.

I'm here for the forensic accounting discussion.  Let's start by distinguishing between Tax Law, Tax Regulation, PCAOB and GAAP....

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

Is there a story as to why Kiffin enjoys trolling Jimbo or is it just generally fun for him? I don’t pay close enough attention to know if he has other regular targets 

He hates Jimbo, he knows he is a used car salesman with no substance, and he knows he is lying his ass off about paying players. So he enjoys proving all of that publicly.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I was curious as to the last time aggy went into Lubbock and kicked their ass so I consulted the intertron. 

didn’t locate that info yet, but the first thing I stumbled upon is fun:

Which school is easier to get into? If you're looking at acceptance rate alone, then Texas Tech University (TTU) is more difficult to get into.

https://www.campusreel.org/compare-colleges/texas-tech-university-or-texas-a-m-university-college-station#:~:text=Which school is easier to,different strengths%2C backgrounds%2C etc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, LOHorn said:

Tuition billing is a major item, especially post-COVID and campus fees. None of that changes the fact that students have very little power to change the athletic fees, or really any fees. And they don't have to be called athletics fees. My institution has "no fees", just a flat rate for classes. But it transfers several million dollars to the athletic department every year.

Most public universities aren't even required openly disclose them, excepting some laws in VA and the Carolinas. You have to make a request. Private institutions are free to do as the wish, though there is some stuff related to receiving federal monies. Still, in general, schools don't need to openly share with students what their fees are, or where they are going. And most schools are not inclined to do so.

In some cases students have complained about the athletic fees, passed student congress complaints about the fees and projected raises in them, and the boards have approved them anyway over those complaints. Students must pay what the tuition and fees are, and the universities set those as the wish. Students can raise a fuss, and try to shine a light on it, but the university is under no obligation to answer to those complaints. 

And, frankly, students should know that their tuition money is already going to the football or basketball player next to them. Be it through "institutional support" for scholarships, athletics dorms or facilities, or food. Probably not at Texas, Michigan, or Alabama, but most everywhere else. It's only a matter of time till someone gets NIL connected. 

That u Randy?

Their fans are, as per usual, just hyper sensitive.  It's just typical coachspeak.  Yes he did backhandedly diss Jimbo but he was extremely complementary of their players and of Petrino, over and over.  He's doing everything he can to guard against overconfidence because he knows if his team doesn't show up ready to play they will get beat.  

one especially funny comment was "congrats to whoever put together that collection of talent".   He does not mince words. 

Edited by ClubWhatever

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

*Kiffin

Hello. My name is RomaVicta, and I am one day correct spelling.

Hi, RomaVicta.

Every chance I had to misspell that coach's name, I could not pass it by. 

[Heads nod in empathy]

The shame of it has led me here. Today. It's K I F F.......

C'mon, man! We know you can do it!

...I! 

[Wild cheering and tears]

N! Kiffin. 

[Accolades and slappings of back]

• Haha 1