Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Some of these posts are absolute proof why you can never argue with aggy.

They just lost the top rated player in their class, and then lost the backup player they tampered to get in the portal, and several of the replies can be summed up as:

"Just wait, all of this will probably turn out better for us in the end. There's a high likelihood both of these guys don't live up to their ranking and we find some real studs in the portal later. All of you freaking out need to calm down and see that we're right where we want to be if you let this play out"

I almost want to admire their ignorance-fueled optimism, as it's just really something to observe.  Some of them simply can't ever bring themselves to acknowledge something bad has happened to a&m.  Jimbo is still the coach to get it done and they are right where they want to be recruiting wise.  We all just need to be patient and let things play out, and eventually we'll see the aggy master plan.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’ve never seen anything quite like it.  Instead of recognizing the smoldering wreckage that is their football program, they’ve dug their heels in and doubled down on a grand delusion.  How wonderful.  Merry Christmas!

Doubled down? Surely we passed doubled down in the 90's. We're bound to be at whatever the "tuple" is for 100. 

Looked it up - "centuple"

Shooting Star GIF

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Some of these posts are absolute proof why you can never argue with aggy.

They just lost the top rated player in their class, and then lost the backup player they tampered to get in the portal, and several of the replies can be summed up as:

"Just wait, all of this will probably turn out better for us in the end. There's a high likelihood both of these guys don't live up to their ranking and we find some real studs in the portal later. All of you freaking out need to calm down and see that we're right where we want to be if you let this play out"

I almost want to admire their ignorance-fueled optimism, as it's just really something to observe.  Some of them simply can't ever bring themselves to acknowledge something bad has happened to a&m.  Jimbo is still the coach to get it done and they are right where they want to be recruiting wise.  We all just need to be patient and let things play out, and eventually we'll see the aggy master plan.

I think my favorite cope might be “but Malik Jefferson,” for several reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

Reading these screenshots reminds me of an old Aggie saying; “There are no Aggie jokes or stereotypes, there are actual events that lead to the jokes and stereotypes.”

Best Lines:

Cobb isn’t SEC ready

York is criminally underrated

Sips paid Ant Hill to go to tu 

Arch isn’t that good and Ewers is a disaster 

Cook might be thinking of flipping to create a trio with Evan and Moose

Bijan is overrated and not good at all

They checked the delusion box every post. Never change Aggie!

You forgot one: Reggie McNeal is better than VY. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

Reading these screenshots reminds me of an old Aggie saying; “There are no Aggie jokes or stereotypes, there are actual events that lead to the jokes and stereotypes.”

Best Lines:

Cobb isn’t SEC ready

One of those stupid fuckers made the comment that York, who is coming from a 3a high school, will play meaningful snaps so Cobb won't be missed and that led into Cobb not being an impactful transfer. L O L 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’ve never seen anything quite like it.  Instead of recognizing the smoldering wreckage that is their football program, they’ve dug their heels in and doubled down on a grand delusion.  How wonderful.  Merry Christmas!

to be fair any take that sheds light on said smoldering wreckage is immediately threatened with a ban from texags. they HAVE to keep up the delusion in order to keep looch happy and not get kicked. weirdos.

• Like 2

A thousand thanks to LHF and Texifornia. A few gems among the general entertainment:

image.png.0e94f9d73a451856e4829d97d19ba442.png

We got a malaise going here! We need to get fired up and get our swagger back, boys! That's how you hit the portal hard.

Recruits will love it here as much as we do! Look what we have to sell! Traditions, facilities, SEC, playing time, and midnight yell make us the best place to be in America!

We're amazingly sexy! We can't let that primal appeal be diminished!

If the world would only let people see how amazing it is to be an Aggie, all would be Aggies except your gays and your Sully statue haters!

image.png.6f147d06adefd5e0d34cd267a1cb4814.png

A threat to what? You were 5-7. You're usually 8-4. The state of Mississippi owns your sorry asses. What throne do you imagine yourselves sitting on? Worry about making yourselves a threat instead of a joke.

image.png.02cf527284af5c2cad8dbc1da6d4725b.png

spacer.png

One rarely meets such a beautiful woman.

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

712904597_Fkbky0WXEAAYkkr2.jpeg.c14f5b54a646b8d09d9a73fac6531550.jpeg

aggy mocking LSU as "unimpressive" for winning the "weakest West division in the last 20 years"...the same West division they placed dead last in, without a hint of irony is just

Xavier Rhodes Kiss GIF by Indianapolis Colts

All while acting like their win over LSU was some huge accomplishment. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Best Lines:

Cobb isn’t SEC ready

I've asked this a couple of times and still haven't gotten an answer -- probably because there isn't one -- but what is the supposed job we gave to Anthony Hill's dad to get him to flip to Texas?

• Like 1

Just now, C-Man said:

I've asked this a couple of times and still haven't gotten an answer -- probably because there isn't one -- but what is the supposed job we gave to Anthony Hill's dad to get him to flip to Texas?

It's the kind of super secret, high paying job that is extremely easy to confirm and prove beyond a doubt as true but also impossible to verify or provide evidence of.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

There isn’t one. Posts that have asked that have been conveniently ignored. They never let the truth get in the way of their delusions. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That’s the beauty part: it’s a no-show “job” so there will never be any evidence that his place of work has changed. 

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, that “job” has gone from rumor to established canonical fact faster than the non-existent Patton quote. 

It’s amazing that they see freeze for what he is/was, a good coach who has no morals and had the purse to be extra effective in recruiting. Somehow they see jimbo as something different. 

and they think freeze will be a threat because of his bags and whatnot at ole miss, still not realizing that much of that advantage has been leveled by nil. 

in short, they still think bags drive recruiting and that is informing their cfb worldview. Common clay and so forth. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s amazing that they see freeze for what he is/was, a good coach who has no morals and had the purse to be extra effective in recruiting. Somehow they see jimbo as something different. 

and they think freeze will be a threat because of his bags and whatnot at ole miss, still not realizing that much of that advantage has been leveled by nil. 

in short, they still think bags drive recruiting and that is informing their cfb worldview. Common clay and so forth. 

It's almost like they had pages of pages bagging on Fisher as an amoral shitbag when he was at FSU, and the mods literally scrubbed their boards for negative posts about Fisher when he was hired. And all of a sudden Winston wasn't a thieving rapist. Go figure. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Assistant vice provost emeritus for the UT-Austin school of veterinary science. 

• Haha 1

Calling him Mustardson as if it's an insult and not free advertising for one of his many legitimate NIL ventures, just amazing.

Also, it’s hilarious that Aggy venerates Achane while insisting that Bijan is overrated… If anything, Bijan is underrated — he’s a Heisman caliber back that was limited by a young OL.

1 hour ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Also, it’s hilarious that Aggy venerates Achane while insisting that Bijan is overrated… If anything, Bijan is underrated — he’s a Heisman caliber back that was limited by a young OL.

Most of their fans are always going to invent a version of reality that favors them (except obviously for the few times it really does favor them in which case they then irrationally project that only being more so forever into the future). That is their main tradition. I can never determine if they do this because they feel like that is what A&M fans should do but don't take it seriously or if they are brainwashed into really thinking that it is always advantage: aggy. 

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Given that Ritz Bitz is a simple idiot, adjusting to the newness of the environment and its pace of change is going to be a challenge not easily overcome. I'm enjoying this.

Let's be fair to Jimbo here. He's not adjusting to shit.

He has taken his tiny boots off and is too busy counting all his millions on his fingers and toes to be worried about adjusting to NIL. He's more worried about buying a new Louis Vuitton ass scratcher for Lil' Vanilla Fish than NIL or the portal.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread