Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

“Not sure I have ever see a program implode in my 55 years!”

I guess Agbucket91 missed what happened at Florida State right before Jimbo left. It’s basically a repeat of his Florida State tenure except he skipped the part where he actually won a championship.

Yes, he has seen a program implode.  Several times. He just doesn’t remember. 
texas_A_M_ou.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The cognitive dissonance they display in talking about our defense being a disaster and sark running a dumpster fire of a program is amazing in how out of touch with reality it is. 
3 game improvement. Good recruiting. Clearly large improvements in development, about to have something like 1/2 a dozen guys drafter. We aren’t on top of the world or anything but if they can’t see the fundamental difference in program trajectory that’s on them. We’d NEVER have that problem. 
Their lack of ability to see reality and lack of self awareness really stunts their growth and ability to succeed. I can’t imagine those qualities ever change, they are the least self aware dipshits around. 

Maybe it’s their historical experience with their interchangeable parts of suck that prevents them from understanding that a different staff can, and has, made a difference in how talent is developed in Austin. 

When everything you do implodes around you regardless of who you have on staff it may be hard to grasp that this isn’t universally true. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

And what he really means is "time to just raise other people's money"

speaking of which, time to check in on the Crimson and Cream NIL Money raising machine.  It's now day 30 and they're halfway to their goal of $1.5M in individual donations. (there is a donor match of those) I'd expect that total number to continue to increase, but at a decreasing rate. Maybe they get there in 2-3 months? This is supposed to be for all sports though, and that considered, that's not really a recipe for success long term.  

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The cognitive dissonance they display in talking about our defense being a disaster and sark running a dumpster fire of a program is amazing in how out of touch with reality it is. 
3 game improvement. Good recruiting. Clearly large improvements in development, about to have something like 1/2 a dozen guys drafter. We aren’t on top of the world or anything but if they can’t see the fundamental difference in program trajectory that’s on them. We’d NEVER have that problem. 
Their lack of ability to see reality and lack of self awareness really stunts their growth and ability to succeed. I can’t imagine those qualities ever change, they are the least self aware dipshits around. 

They're just a playcaller and stud LB away from taking it all. All!

Edited by RomaVicta

They bring this up so much. I've been following recruiting for 14 years now and Torshiro Davis was like the only one where I just said "Hm" re: a bag drop. Otherwise, despite having the most money or whatever, we never won the auction guys and have no NCAA investigations to show for it. As opposed to the Aggies...

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

MGK meltdown? Who dat?

Also, what is the supposed job we gave Anthony Hill's dad that was the ultimate deciding factor that aggy keeps talking about?

I too am curious about this job. I suspect that it involves manufacturing and selling internets.

4 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

“Not sure I have ever see a program implode in my 55 years!”

I guess Agbucket91 missed what happened at Florida State right before Jimbo left. It’s basically a repeat of his Florida State tenure except he skipped the part where he actually won a championship.

The "implosion" suggest they were like a Florida State and a contender but for aggy being a contender is all in their minds. Last year was a bags full of cash anomaly and they are just returning to where they have always been.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread