Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

My guess is that the kid is straight-up trolling his number change back to 3 he wore in HS.

That being said, I will still laugh if he does end up transferring

They made a pretty big show about Bobby going to play with Deion last month. I really hope it happens, it would be hilarious to see them try to explain that one away. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I gotta say this. Every year you fuckers predict implosion doom for aggy only to watch these fuckers limp dick their way to 8-4 annually.  But y’all predicted all this. Seasonal implosion and complete roster abandon ship at seasons end. 

tip of the cap gents. This made my shitty 2022 better 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

This is the problem of evaluating transfers merely off "production" or "starters" in the context of aggy. 

When you're losing half your roster you still have to replace them with somebody. A large part of their roster is now going to be G5 reaches from the portal and bread in the '23 class. They're fucking up their roster long-term. 

Not to mention, they always wonder why they're a young team. When you see this much roster turnover it normally means younger players have to fill the holes. They're too stupid to realize that they will once again be a really young team next year mainly because Jimbo is fucking terrible at roster construction. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The more dudes hit the portal, the more I still think there's a legit chance that some of those guys will be welcomed back to aTm when no other great landing spots materialize. But lets assume none of that happens...they're replacing all their "depth" and non-contributors with new jaggers that couldn't hack it at another program, AND who now have to potentially learn a new offensive or defensive scheme, which never at ALL creates confusion or a learning curve. It's one thing to plug some holes with a skill player, or even a defensive lineman who just needs to understand basic responsibilities and/or get upfield. But now you're having 6 new guys on offense and defense that have to learn the system in time and work together with other new guys learning the same system. This is...a bad recipe. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's going to get better for you, still. 

They've lost 26 early to the portal or draft.

There are others that people are counting as staying, like Russell or A Smith, simply because they haven't declared anything. They're unlikely to declare anything, unless they declare they're coming back. They've aged out of the program and folks are crossing their fingers about them claiming a corona year. With an org like that imploding, and the known discord with WR and LB rooms, the notion that graduating seniors are suddenly coming back is silly. There's like 8 of those guys. That gets you to 34 without effort.

Then you have guys that haven't entered the portal that are going to enter the portal. That's Lucas at a minimum. Who here thinks there won't be 5-10 more guys between now and the end of the 2nd portal period in the spring heading into the portal? 

Then you have simple roster attrition. Medicals and quitters. Who here expects Bryce Foster back? 

If these idiots wind up with 15 recruits, while losing 45+ guys all in, they'll need to land 30-35 players in the portal. Now we know where all of the G5 jaggers are going to land, at least. 

I can't believe what I just typed. I have never seen anything like it. I've enjoyed watching their fans go through the process of convincing themselves that this is happening to every team in the new era and it is just the way things go. Ritz Bitz is tearing this program down to the studs in real time. 

What will be really fun is when we see guys transfer in from the portal for spring semester and then see them transfer out during the May 1-15 time period. If we could get 3 or 4 of those I might explode in ecstasy. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are others that people are counting as staying, like Russell or A Smith, simply because they haven't declared anything. They're unlikely to declare anything, unless they declare they're coming back. They've aged out of the program and folks are crossing their fingers about them claiming a corona year. With an org like that imploding, and the known discord with WR and LB rooms, the notion that graduating seniors are suddenly coming back is silly. There's like 8 of those guys. That gets you to 34 without effort.

Then you have guys that haven't entered the portal that are going to enter the portal. That's Lucas at a minimum. Who here thinks there won't be 5-10 more guys between now and the end of the 2nd portal period in the spring heading into the portal? 

Then you have simple roster attrition. Medicals and quitters. Who here expects Bryce Foster back? 

If these idiots wind up with 15 recruits, while losing 45+ guys all in, they'll need to land 30-35 players in the portal. Now we know where all of the G5 jaggers are going to land, at least. 

I can't believe what I just typed. I have never seen anything like it. I've enjoyed watching their fans go through the process of convincing themselves that this is happening to every team in the new era and it is just the way things go. Ritz Bitz is tearing this program down to the studs in real time. 

I checked and it's 6 graduating seniors, so they're 32 guys out unless one of the 6 miraculously declares they're returning.

• Haha 1

The best part is aggy is already behind on the portal because their coach hates the idea of it. In terms of resources available and time scouting the players. So, the guy that put together a roster, that in year 5 is going to lose nearly half of it, is in charge of making smart mental evaluations in a 45-day window. Yeah, good fucking luck with that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Uncontrollable laughing. This is glorious. Praise his name hahah

46 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

MarathonAg had a good idea. Sounds like something @immamac and myself would do. Who’s the worst player on the aggy roster? Let’s give him an NIL deal to stay in CS and troll on Texags

When I was a freshman at UT I had a 5 hour Greek class with Phil Dawson (so dumb of me to be in that class). Phil told me every single game what was going to happen, including winning the big 12 title game over Nebraska. He was wrong one time the whole year. If I’d have bet with him I would have won a bunch of money. 
seems like there’s an NIl opportunity there for a gambler. 

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

When I was a freshman at UT I had a 5 hour Greek class with Phil Dawson (so dumb of me to be in that class). Phil told me every single game what was going to happen, including winning the big 12 title game over Nebraska. He was wrong one time the whole year. If I’d have bet with him I would have won a bunch of money. 

But Phil would not have approved of such a vice as gambling. 

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Drosero istoria aderfe mou.

I don’t understand all of the over the top anger over Hill. He’s a highly rated 5 star. Sometimes you lose them. It happens. But there’s far less whining about the other more serious issues, like few offensive recruits, etc. It’s like they don’t really understand the situation. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t understand all of the over the top anger over Hill. He’s a highly rated 5 star. Sometimes you lose them. It happens. But there’s far less whining about the other more serious issues, like few offensive recruits, etc. It’s like they don’t really understand the situation. 

To be fair, this board had an insufferable Sunday when Niblett visited UH last week. And he's only a four star!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

But he's going to tu! They went 5-7 the season before this with a loss to Kansas at home!  It's in the Big 12 which sucks compared to the SEC!

Why would someone not go to the flagship university in the state we own? It makes no sense.

Narrator: It's true that no sense is being made.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

They've been told since before the last class actually signed that they were a 5-Star ILB away from a National Championship.  That's what they've been told about Harold Perkins.  Then when they missed on him; they have locked onto Anthony Hill.  So I think they feel the missing piece keeps slipping through their fingers. 

"People think Texas has an edge because Texas has blasted it to every source they have Hill is theirs and he loves them. I've seen this story too many times." 

So, sort of like... Malcom Brown? Tim Cole? Sydir Mitchell? Holton Hill? Kris Boyd? Malik Jefferson? Jeff McCulloch? Alfred Collins? Vernon Broughton? Cedric Reed? Johntay Cook? Cedric Baxter? Hayden Connor? Troy Omeire? Jordan Whittington? Brandon Jones? Moro Ojomo? 

And those are just the "big" names I can remember off the top of my head. I, too, have "seen this story too many times." And that's all just in our past 13 years of wandering the desert

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

"People think Texas has an edge because Texas has blasted it to every source they have Hill is theirs and he loves them. I've seen this story too many times." 

So, sort of like... Malcom Brown? Tim Cole? Sydir Mitchell? Holton Hill? Kris Boyd? Malik Jefferson? Jeff McCulloch? Alfred Collins? Vernon Broughton? Cedric Reed? Johntay Cook? Cedric Baxter? Hayden Connor? Troy Omeire? Jordan Whittington? Brandon Jones? Moro Ojomo? 

And those are just the "big" names I can remember off the top of my head. I, too, have "seen this story too many times." And that's all just in our past 13 years of wandering the desert

Evan Stewart is the only name I remember leaning Texas and all of a sudden.

fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-

I can only imagine now it feels different for Evan.

84de44a6fc019e43b11d65fab621d644.jpg

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Haha 7

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread