Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

On 2/10/2023 at 4:51 AM, Doc Daneeka said:

Seriously, on what planet do Texas and OU join and not keep their game? They planning on pods and other fixed games?

What I think should happen:

9 conference games.

4 pods of 4 (i.e Texas OUsucks Ole Miss Miss St just as an example). So you play everyone in your pod every year. That's 3 conference games.

3 permanent crossovers from the other pods. That's another 3 games.

That leaves 9 other conference teams that can rotate 3 at a time every 2 years.

As an example:

Spoiler

Pod 1 (Permanent Crossovers)

Texas: (A&M, Arkansas, Florida)

OUsucks (Missouri, Vandy, Georgia)

Ole Miss (Tennessee, Bama, South Carolina)

Miss St (LSU, Auburn, Kentucky)

Pod 2 (Permanent Crossovers)

A&M (Texas, Auburn, South Carolina)

Arkansas (Texas, Bama, Kentucky)

LSU (Miss St, Tennessee, Florida)

Missouri (OUsucks, Vandy, Georgia)

Pod 3 (Permanent Crossovers)

Alabama (Ole Miss, Arkansas, Kentucky)

Auburn (Miss St, A&M, Georgia)

Tennessee (Ole Miss, LSU, Florida)

Vandy (OUsucks, Missouri, South Carolina)

Pod 4 (Permanent Crossovers)

Florida (Texas, LSU, Tennessee)

Georgia (OUsucks, Missouri, Auburn)

South Carolina (Ole Miss, A&M, Vandy)

Kentucky (Miss St, Arkansas, Bama)

In this model, we would play our pod (OUsucks, OM, Miss St) every year. We would also play 3 permanent crossovers (aggy, Arkansas, Florida). Then all of the other teams rotate every 2 years (year 1-2 LSU, Missouri, Vandy. Year 3-4 Alabama, Auburn, SC. Year 5-6 Tennessee, UGA, Kentucky. Lather rinse repeat )

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

9 conference games.

4 pods of 4 (i.e Texas OUsucks Ole Miss Miss St just as an example). So you play everyone in your pod every year. That's 3 conference games.

As an example:

Hide contents

In this model, we would play our pod (OUsucks, OM, Miss St) every year. We would also play 3 permanent crossovers (aggy, Arkansas, Florida). Then all of the other teams rotate every 2 years (year 1-2 LSU, Missouri, Vandy. Year 3-4 Alabama, Auburn, SC. Year 5-6 Tennessee, UGA, Kentucky. Lather rinse repeat )

No.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 conference games.
As an example:
Spoiler

Absolutely not.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

9 conference games.

As an example:

Hide contents

I'm not going to sugar coat it.... that's fucking awful. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Not only will there be no pods, the absence of pods will keep a few potential "rivalries" from being implemented. For example, if our "official rivals" are OU, pig, and aggy, that restricts theirs somewhat. If aggy has us and pig, they can't be rivals with OU. This is better for aggy anyway. The turdition/myth of "running out of time" is harder to square with reality (though likely less so for aggy, as reality intrudes so seldom and so minimally into his mind) when one annually plays the team you begged successfully to run the clock whilst they gave you historic beatdown.

I collect aggie missery game threads like pokemon, and while re-reading their app st game I shit you not saw some damn good predictions.

• 5-7 came up twice
  • Instead of #6 in the nation they were less than #6 in the SEC (technically less than #6 in SECW)
  • Jimbo's rambling press conference.

Goes to show that when put in a diamond anvil like pressure the aggie brain snaps into a superposition state when they can predict the future, however briefly. The torture they experience must be immense however. Almost worth a real conspiracy against them.

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Sankey said in an interview earlier this week, the SEC won't be referring to scheduling with the word "pods". 

He said pods are something used for laundry... 😋

So there will be pods, it’s just that you can’t claim anything for winning your pod. 

Mitigating a possible paper trophy for aggy to put in their Hall of Champions.

2 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

9 conference games.

As an example:

Reveal hidden contents

image.gif.e864551e3ff05a01743934d009faf116.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- if my kid played in the band I’d probably go to every game wherever it was. And a piece of me would die every day, but I’d be there. 

Man I've been there. But it's not a bad way to earn a scholarship. Plenty of success stories out there. 

Just not at aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There will not be pods, holy fuck. It's more likely to be just 16 teams, 3 rivalry games, 6 games rotated every other year. Top 2 teams go to the championship game. Alabama is never going to agree to move into a division with Georgia. Frankly, I don't give 2 shits about the SEC championship game, because I'd rather host a playoff game at home. Any 3rd place SEC team is going to host a playoff game.

Edited by HtownHorn

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

No.

4 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Absolutely not.

4 hours ago, Lou_Sassle said:

I'm not going to sugar coat it.... that's fucking awful. 

Well damn. Well, I thought it was a good idea lol

I thought this format makes sense for 16 teams and 9 conference games :Keeps our permanent rivals (OU, A&M, Arky), keeps most others traditional rivals, and gets us every SEC team within 6 years. 

Otherwise, I don't know how the SEC is going to try and make the schedule without overcoming things and meeting those wickets (keeping traditional rivals and getting to go all the way around the conference in a timely period, not like aggy playing UGA twice in 12 years).

Edited by TheBryMan81

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"I don't care about winning our conference" is some deep aggy shit

Not at all. College football is moving more towards the NFL. You think WCs teams that win the Super bowl give a shit about not winning their division? Like I said, I'd rather Texas host a playoff game than play in the SEC championship game.

You think Alabama gave a shit about not winning the SEC the year they won the BCS title instead?

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Not at all. College football is moving more towards the NFL. You think WCs teams that win the Super bowl give a shit about not winning their division? Like I said, I'd rather Texas host a playoff game than play in the SEC championship game.

You think Alabama gave a shit about not winning the SEC the year they won the BCS title instead?

Not sure why you think these are mutually exclusive

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Funny how everyone seems to forget that ou is a part of this situation. Let alone that they are the catalyst. 

It is entirely possible that he is just terrible at math.

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Throw our weight around. That has to be a Surly troll. The league accepted Texas and OU in behind their backs. 

He must not have heard the outcome of their "gentlemen's agreement".

• Haha 2

I have to believe the Luccidites are some 16-30 types with no real degrees.  Their conspiracy theories, to self delusional fantasies they propagate on us and us controlling the media are beyond crazy. 

Sark may not be our perfect coach, neither was Mack.  Sark is filling my wish list on recruits, now he needs to get a 10 win season. He's in year 3 (not year 5 of Jimbo's failure).  If Petrino brings anything to that team it will be some semblance of roster management. I think they will improve on offense, not much. Petrino is a hell of a lot better on leading a team than Jimbo. Maybe it works for them? 

There has to be a more rational fan base for them, maybe not ... thinking back to my visits to that hellhole for games.  I've never seen anything as delusional as the Luccidites. Honestly, it's worth a book on comparing them to how Hitler owned Germany.  

6 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don’t like to think of it that we’re paying $100 million to go to the sec early. I like to think of it that we’re paying $100 million to never go back to Waco. 

We're also not paying $100M. Most of that money is withheld payouts, not writing a check. Or at least that's the last I read about it

image.png.a64a9ad04b30dba8cdc1c0852f0ca923.png

Maybe Sanky doesn't believe endless repetition on the dumbest board in football establishes truth, you idiot.

image.png.4e66e7c509b01dc080524f688ada50b8.png

Of course! Now's our chance! This is what we do:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Like a cat striking like lightning with great speed and stealth, A&M snatches victory at last!

Awesome plan.

Now, credit where credit is due:

image.png.a9e69422c55c22d56f37fd9917b0b616.png

Now, genius:

image.png.f4c44547550d9f173823d80b25252277.png

• Haha 2

Would be nice if these guys could reach some sort of consensus on whether we will be running the conference or not.  Some think we will (as we always have apparently) and some thing we’re in for a rude awakening as we try and fail. I think the third option that they won’t even consider is that we don’t want to. 

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Would be nice if these guys could reach some sort of consensus on whether we will be running the conference or not.  Some think we will (as we always have apparently) and some thing we’re in for a rude awakening as we try and fail. I think the third option that they won’t even consider is that we don’t want to. 

Remember all of those unanimous votes except for Nebraska when Texas introduced new rules? Imagine the power of the BOMC and Texas wickedness to cow those other ten schools including A&M.

Texas, when DKR was coach and AD (I think), proposed sharing bowl game earnings with all the schools in the conference. There were far fewer bowls and Texas was going every year. Pure fucking evil.

Oh! And we offered to share a TV network with A&M and they said no.

tu surely is a cancer for any conference it joins and its fellow schools. tu dishonesty is the worst!

Fuckwads

Edited by RomaVicta
I knew that "Y" in unanymous looked fishy.
  • Hook 'Em 5

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread