Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

The aggy post about Sanky throwing UT a lifeline to rescue us from the B12. Just too funny and so clueless. They're fortunate UT didn't insist on kicking aggy out of the conference before we'd even consider joining.

Also their expectation of getting the first home game against UT...it's akin to caring so very, very much whether the ball on the left has lifted, or if it's the ball on the right's turn.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Chopper said:

The aggy post about Sanky throwing UT a lifeline to rescue us from the B12. Just too funny and so clueless. They're fortunate UT didn't insist on kicking aggy out of the conference before we'd even consider joining.

Also their expectation of getting the first home game against UT...it's akin to caring so very, very much whether the ball on the left has lifted, or if it's the ball on the right's turn.

giphy.gif

I only care because it means so much to them.  Would just be here for the crying.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I only care because it means so much to them.  Would just be here for the crying.

Fortunately pointing and laughing at the moronic buffoon who thinks he's really, really smart; never learns from his mistakes; accuses others of the exact type of behavior he exhibits himself; is tied to stupid turditions and false history; and is off-the-charts arrogant is a spectator sport that will never not be highly amusing and entertaining. At least for the reasonably foreseeable future.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Right? We need to own this shit and then insist that we be introduced at SEC media days like a Game of Thrones character. The University of Texas, First of Its Name, Sipper of Tea, the Orange Burnt, Father of Realignment, Destroyer of Conferences, Breaker of Grants of Rights, Controller of Media, Puppet Master of the NCAA and King of NIL. 

This is brilliant and I am stealing it for future use.

• Hook 'Em 3

They like to think of themselves as some kind of victims of our greed and conference manipulations.  Of course, they leave out that they voted in lock step with us on every issue for the entire time they were in the conference.  I'm sure they were horrified when the league offices were moved to Dallas. I'm sure they were horrified when equal revenue sharing was voted down every year they were here.  They also took a large sum of cash from the conference, intended to placate them, while they were actively negotiating their exit ... and then left and kept the money.  assholes...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RabidM said:

They like to think of themselves as some kind of victims of our greed and conference manipulations.  Of course, they leave out that they voted in lock step with us on every issue for the entire time they were in the conference.  I'm sure they were horrified when the league offices were moved to Dallas. I'm sure they were horrified when equal revenue sharing was voted down every year they were here.  They also took a large sum of cash from the conference, intended to placate them, while they were actively negotiating their exit ... and then left and kept the money.  assholes...

I just want specific examples of all the stuff Texas has done over the years that has egregiously screwed A&M and everyone else. Real, substantiated, specific incidents and examples. It’s a nice, convenient talking point to just repeat “Texas always ruins everything, just wait,” but I really have no idea what we’ve supposedly ruined and how exactly we ruined it. (And yes, the examples should probably include things that A&M didn’t also sign off on.)

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I just want specific examples of all the stuff Texas has done over the years that has egregiously screwed A&M and everyone else. Real, substantiated, specific incidents and examples. It’s a nice, convenient talking point to just repeat “Texas always ruins everything, just wait,” but I really have no idea what we’ve supposedly ruined and how exactly we ruined it. (And yes, the examples should probably include things that A&M didn’t also sign off on.)

Facts aren't going to sway them.   They have to live with one of two possible realities:  1) The Evil Empire of Texas has conspired for generations to use its money, status, and power to keep, as its sole priority,  a laser focus on preventing A&M from reaching their rightful seat as an Academic and Athletic powerhouse  or 2) They suck and have sucked for all of their living memory.  

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

Facts aren't going to sway them.   They have to live with one of two possible realities:  1) The Evil Empire of Texas has conspired for generations to use its money, status, and power to keep, as its sole priority,  a laser focus on preventing A&M from reaching their rightful seat as an Academic and Athletic powerhouse  or 2) They suck and have sucked for all of their living memory.  

<whynotboth.gif>

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It’s a nice, convenient talking point to just repeat “Texas always ruins everything, just wait,” but I really have no idea what we’ve supposedly ruined and how exactly we ruined it.

Look at the head-to-head results against the most vocal whiners and you'll see what we did that upset them.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, TheAuditor said:

Most I encounter fall under 1.  It’s actually Critical Race Theory for Aggies. 

4 hours ago, TheAuditor said:

This.  Their comments are nothing more than convenient excuses, without having to be held accountable….and facts don’t matter, same as politics.

From Texags where GinMan posted this chart. What follows is an example of reading comprehension and ignorance of the Texags poster. They just won't get it.

Not great stuff, but the thread needs a little grist.

spacer.png

image.png.d1368a26c9a3b0255a6900d658a5c95a.png

image.png.3811aeb2210981ace1d981aaa9a370ef.png

In sequence:

image.png.d7abd418703efc93ac619be58deee7c1.png

image.png.69d712da2ca8a46cde076b8ba425c52c.png

image.png.7760007920b415899459af812218d00d.png

image.png.a171352816ef2347d87a4d7291b032f0.png

*Quoted for irony deafness.

image.png.a782829189371aa56adc1efff7f651b3.png

image.png.4189bedab1727571d3046e1f8aedf725.png

image.png.cda310f1ccff11237b8d93deb55b4367.png

image.png.3ba5ea355a133f51aca2effdfc3c37df.png

image.png.cd8accc83a23e1b792cfec27c2acfb1a.png

image.png.6c8d3ebfafd5c596d1a7c3cbe29c2052.png

image.png.24f41e2cea087aea669fbad8d6180771.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On the NIL topic, has aggy ever disclosed a deal?  I've seen multiple articles about UT with cars, grocery products, video games, etc. I realize it's not the university putting these in place, but with no disclosure the entire concept of marketing NIL goes away.  Hell, I'm contacting that Volks dealer to source my next car.  That dealership did some solid NIL work for us. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, hornlife said:

On the NIL topic, has aggy ever disclosed a deal?  I've seen multiple articles about UT with cars, grocery products, video games, etc. I realize it's not the university putting these in place, but with no disclosure the entire concept of marketing NIL goes away.  Hell, I'm contacting that Volks dealer to source my next car.  That dealership did some solid NIL work for us. 

I think they assume NIL deals are private because they want to believe they used NIL for their big class. They believe this even though Jimbo says only one player got a deal.

Since they are able to hold contradictory beliefs in their heads at the same time, sometimes they recognize that A&M spent a lot of money on that class. Therefore, all monies spent to pay players must be NIL even if NIL includes bagmen. 

Either they cling to the belief that their class was acquired through legal NIL deals despite all evidence otherwise, or they broaden the definition of NIL to include whatever bad actions they may have taken.

It's actually convenient for them to not understand NIL considering the above. They avoid the truth about Honor Code A&M.

That leads to a tangential thought. They wear their honor code like they wear their SEC patch; they believe these labels make them better than they are or will ever be.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hornlife said:

if you want a huge, huge, huge laugh that https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3360374TexAgs post was made on 2/8/23. the underlying information from the Action Network (article link) has a post date of 10/4/22, but it includes things in it that make you think it was posted before the season then edited/updated on 10/4/22. examples

CJ Stroud came off a strong 2021-22 season, leading the Ohio State Buckeyes to a Rose Bowl title. Stroud also broke the OSU record for most passing yards in a single game.

Bijan Robinson is one of the most highly touted running backs heading into the season.

that Action Network article does not have any information about their process, where the numbers are from anything. it's basically the same as the On3 NIL valuations that are black box'd. if you want to know how much of a joke it is, there is an article from The Eagle posted on 9/6/22 based on open records requests that says football athletes made $3,367,517.52 from July 1, 21 to when the article was posted. that comes out to $39,617 per 85 men on the roster. a far cry from $85k.

all you need to know is that even TexAgs posters with Ag tags are refuting it in most of the comments there

---

re: Aggie NIL:

my understanding is that the Texas A&M NIL Collective "The Fund" does not disclose anything around deals, who it is run by (articles have said it is "run by some of Texas A&M's biggest donors"). nor do they have a website. nor do they have any stated goals, dollar or otherwise. they prefer to stick to word of mouth between players

from Athletic article last year:

As far as publicity, they feel word-of-mouth between recruits and players will be plenty to ensure the people they’ll work with know what is available.

did i miss anything here @RGBIII or @closetojumping? have they actually set up a functioning collective of any kind or are they falling further and further behind by the day because they can't tell their ass from their elbow?

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, NoName said:

if you want a huge, huge, huge laugh that https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3360374TexAgs post was made on 2/8/23. the underlying information from the Action Network (article link) has a post date of 10/4/22, but it includes things in it that make you think it was posted before the season then edited/updated on 10/4/22. examples

that Action Network article does not have any information about their process, where the numbers are from anything. it's basically the same as the On3 NIL valuations that are black box'd. if you want to know how much of a joke it is, there is an article from The Eagle posted on 9/6/22 based on open records requests that says football athletes made $3,367,517.52 from July 1, 21 to when the article was posted. that comes out to $39,617 per 85 men on the roster. a far cry from $85k.

all you need to know is that even TexAgs posters with Ag tags are refuting it in most of the comments there

---

my understanding is that the Texas A&M NIL Collective "The Fund" does not disclose anything around deals, who it is run by (articles have said it is "run by some of Texas A&M's biggest donors"). nor do they have a website. nor do they have any stated goals, dollar or otherwise. they prefer to stick to word of mouth between players

did i miss anything here @RGBIII or @closetojumping? have they actually set up a functioning collective of any kind or are they falling further and further behind by the day because they can't tell their ass from their elbow?

CTJ will know more than I would but that action network article is ridiculously and hilariously bad

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, NoName said:

---

Regarding the current state of NIL for ATM, it's a matter of perspective. If "NIL" includes money laundering and stuff below board and off the compliance radar, ATM's "NIL" is elite, especially if they win. If you mean actual NIL, I don't know if much has changed since they were mocking it and dismissing what other schools were doing with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Solid info @NoName .  I was in school from '91 to '97 (under and grad).  Crossed paths with Mackovic weekly. Always liked the guy and he'd stop to talk with me every time.  He asked me to go to the Sun Bowl when Priest Holmes totally went off.  I regret not making that trip but I was there in the Alamo Bowl when he called that 4th down tight end pass and the last second field goal. If you guys haven't met a great RB in real life - wow - you wouldn't believe the size of their thighs.  Ricky and Priest - jeez. Ricky couldn't find jeans to fit him - had to get a huge waist and have a ton taken in on it - just to fit his thighs.  Priest was built the same.  

• Hook 'Em 2

And thank you all for the NIL help.  Sounds like it's bags for aggy and we are way out front in real deals.  It's disclosed and we use our NIL as intended.  If any of you are in the market for a new car, I'd suggest contacting that Volks dealership to see if they can source what you want. I certainly will but the old M3 has some miles to give.  

48 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Fo8uRrHaUAAhZAS?format=jpg&name=mediumFo8uSBVaMAApQ9F?format=jpg&name=mediumFo8uSb6aEAcs2S3?format=jpg&name=mediumFo8uS1xaQAEIGjh?format=jpg&name=mediumFo8uVJVaQAAIowi?format=jpg&name=mediumFo8uVdzaEAALvGN?format=jpg&name=mediumFo8uV1PaMAAt7eM?format=jpg&name=mediumFo8uWL9akAAuxo_?format=jpg&name=medium

What's funny for those chode monkey's talking about Bama and LSU meaning more that's only arguable if they are better programs than Texas. When we Alabraska the tide and send Saban of to the nursing home and tame the Tigers to take our place atop the SEC they are going to hate themselves and their lives so much it will be almost unfathomable.  That day is quickly approaching.  Aggy sees it and is petrified.  It's going to be so much fun.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hornlife said:

Solid info @NoName If you guys haven't met a great RB in real life - wow - you wouldn't believe the size of their thighs.  Ricky and Priest - jeez. Ricky couldn't find jeans to fit him - had to get a huge waist and have a ton taken in on it - just to fit his thighs.  Priest was built the same.  

Saw RoJo at home slice north after the Baylor game. Thought it was him as I walked past to pickup my order but wasn't sure. Then on my way out I saw his thighs and the width of his back. Dude's built like a brick shit house. 

Also, wanted to go to the host/hostess and tell them that RoJo shouldn't be waiting around in the lobby with his parents for a table like some sort of common asshole. 

Sorry for the tangent. 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Saw RoJo at home slice north after the Baylor game. Thought it was him as I walked past to pickup my order but wasn't sure. Then on my way out I saw his thighs and the width of his back. Dude's built like a brick shit house. 

Also, wanted to go to the host/hostess and tell them that RoJo shouldn't be waiting around in the lobby with his parents for a table like some sort of common asshole. 

Sorry for the tangent. 

Did you?  If not you are part of the problem sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread