Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Liucci, in whining about unequal treatment from the media, liked to say that both teams have the same seasons over the last two years. We each went 5-7 one season and 8-4 the other season thus we're in the same place. Even so, A&M is considered to be in trouble while Texas isn't. 

He writes that with no sense of humor or irony. It's the fourth-rate sophistry that makes Texags go round and round.

Yea, 5th year coach vs 2nd year coach and trending down vs up are meaningless data points to those idiots.

• Hook 'Em 5

This is all I can see when I read all of the texags postings about how they’ve got this and that under control or they’re due this or that. I looked for a gif where the sec (spike) slapped aggy (Chester) but this will have to do.
1b9222ba380e97238558d711fa175d5d.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Liucci, in whining about unequal treatment from the media, liked to say that both teams have the same seasons over the last two years. We each went 5-7 one season and 8-4 the other season thus we're in the same place. Even so, A&M is considered to be in trouble while Texas isn't. 

He writes that with no sense of humor or irony. It's the fourth-rate sophistry that makes Texags go round and round.

Billy Liucci is the 13-0 Branding Iron of shitty sports bloggers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, tejas60 said:

image.png.60228407d2771986e5f315b6825e9d4c.png

yeah, you never know when geo-fla is gonna play each other.

aggy trying to claim a rivalry with LSU reminds me of TTU, BU, etc. claiming a rivalry with UT. Just because they claim it doesn’t make it so. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Fucking idiots don’t even understand that a big part of the new SEC/ESPN deal is that the SEC can announce game times during the summer and since all games are on ESPN networks they will be able to shift around what game is on what channel if needed. The two week window will be a thing of the past in the SEC.

they are finally making a schedule for human beings!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, deft said:

This is all I can see when I read all of the texags postings about how they’ve got this and that under control or they’re due this or that. I looked for a gif where the sec (spike) slapped aggy (Chester) but this will have to do.
1b9222ba380e97238558d711fa175d5d.gif

IIRC, this cartoon ended with Spike and Chester switching roles at the end where Chester was the one slapping Spike. Of course, that will never happen with aggy and the SEC.

9 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea, 5th year coach vs 2nd year coach and trending down vs up are meaningless data points to those idiots.

Add the start time of the RRS being determined by Fox which was restricted in what time it could schedule the game due to other contractual obligations as one of the many things they don't understand.

Along with...the RRS being one of the most valuable annually scheduled properties in college football.

Along with...having 30 kids portal is a horrible sign of things to come, not something anyone with competence would want or plan for.

Along with...the difference between politely requesting something, as opposed to DEMANDING SOMETHING and then throwing a hissy fit when you don't get your way - even though they're the leading NCAA experts in the latter.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I don't expect fans of message boards to all behave rationally or be correct about anything, hell we have plenty of idiots on the football board too.   Aggy's biggest problem is their school and their AD operates like it is run by Texags.   Is there not one professional there at all?   This latest "the game better be played first in CS"  is such a strange hill to die on.     Who cares where it is played first, it literally does not matter, not even 2%.    Sure fans on message boards can care, but when the AD is so far out over his skis about it, it just makes no sense at all.     

I honestly don't get how they don't see it.  

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Drummond said:

I don't expect fans of message boards to all behave rationally or be correct about anything, hell we have plenty of idiots on the football board too.   Aggy's biggest problem is their school and their AD operates like it is run by Texags.   Is there not one professional there at all?   This latest "the game better be played first in CS"  is such a strange hill to die on.     Who cares where it is played first, it literally does not matter, not even 2%.    Sure fans on message boards can care, but when the AD is so far out over his skis about it, it just makes no sense at all.     

If anything I hope the first game is in Austin just for the tears.  When in reality I dont care if it is at DKR or Vince Young Stadium at Kroger Field. Gonna win no matter what. 

• Hook 'Em 4

The level of angst over our Oklahoma game time is truly bizarre. Texas can't dictate shit in terms of what times our games are, as witnessed by Fox's cornholing us into 7 or 8 11AM kicks per year for the last several years. That is Fox's national slot, it is what it is. If we want Gus and Klatt, then we play at 11 AM. ESPN/ABC has more than one primetime national slot and neither of them are 11AM. If we were smart and ESPN was smart (which we all are), a 2:30 kick time for RRS was a negotiating chip in our early exit. If we get that guarantee from the networks, then we can officially rebid the Cotton Bowl contract with a level of certainty. It's not that hard to understand. Exactly who is losing in that scenario? Georgia/Florida? Nope, there is ESPN and ABC to carry two national games at the same time. It doesn't make a shit to me which channel I watch the game on. There are also two national night game slots that can carry two more SEC games. 

Also this is the chef's kiss. Their level of bravado and certainty that everyone else feels the way that they do while crying in the corner about things that are actually benefiting them.

image.thumb.png.3003aac06894852d3b9c627bc2c6808c.png 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Along with...having 30 kids portal is a horrible sign of things to come, not something anyone with competence would want or plan for.

It's all part of Jimbo's plan to field one of their best teams ever 2024 when the 2022 class reaches full manly maturity. They portal out the weak and keep the strong who are true Aggies through and through. The portal guys are just depth. Who needs depth?

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta

The level of angst over our Oklahoma game time is truly bizarre. Texas can't dictate shit in terms of what times our games are, as witnessed by Fox's cornholing us into 7 or 8 11AM kicks per year for the last several years. That is Fox's national slot, it is what it is. If we want Gus and Klatt, then we play at 11 AM. ESPN/ABC has more than one primetime national slot and neither of them are 11AM. If we were smart and ESPN was smart (which we all are), a 2:30 kick time for RRS was a negotiating chip in our early exit. If we get that guarantee from the networks, then we can officially rebid the Cotton Bowl contract with a level of certainty. It's not that hard to understand. Exactly who is losing in that scenario? Georgia/Florida? Nope, there is ESPN and ABC to carry two national games at the same time. It doesn't make a shit to me which channel I watch the game on. There are also two national night game slots that can carry two more SEC games. 
Also this is the chef's kiss. Their level of bravado and certainty that everyone else feels the way that they do while crying in the corner about things that are actually benefiting them.

This part about the other schools hating Texas is fascinating to me. I know plenty of people from the other SEC schools and the common theme is not that they hate Texas but rather think aggy as a whole is a bunch of cult-like weirdos.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

12 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

This part about the other schools hating Texas is fascinating to me. I know plenty of people from the other SEC schools and the common theme is not that they hate Texas but rather think aggy as a whole is a bunch of cult-like weirdos.

Tarp with the reality check

FplCr77XsAAai0b?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

image.png.f99ff76213abcfbd869a523951cab9c3.png

WE"RE ILLITERATE!

image.png.267e6e0866d053bab2aebb890fb2505c.png

Parrot World

They need to pin this to the top of every new thread so thirty Aggies won't make the same post as though the thought is brand new. Of course, it's bullshit, but they're entitled to believe it. Just stop repeating it over and over and over. Dimwits.

image.png.3ea3cacca2cd1bf012e5feb46f4b6c28.png

spacer.png

And reaching full hyperventilation over the date of a game:

image.png.e0f0191e0615f93d821695d9e696d8dd.png

Texas requests a set time for the OU game and may get the first Aggie game in Austin. I look in the mirror and see what Longhorn is.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

The other obvious "WTF" with those morons, is 24 should be LSU at home for AM.  Do they really want a schedule that has LSU and Texas home the same year, and by definition, away the same year going forward.  Do they really think the conference would give any member two away games in a row against the same foe?  Seems obvious they would want those to alternate,  but of course there is no logical thought process in the hive.  Tarp seems to be the voice of reason on this topic which is the best of example of in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

The other obvious "WTF" with those morons, is 24 should be LSU at home for AM.  Do they really want a schedule that has LSU and Texas home the same year, and by definition, away the same year going forward.  Do they really think the conference would give any member two away games in a row against the same foe?  Seems obvious they would want those to alternate,  but of course there is no logical thought process in the hive.  Tarp seems to be the voice of reason on this topic which is the best of example of in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  

Obligatory for A&M:

2021 Are you okay? - diegoismonster

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Obtuse The Shawshank Redemption GIF - Obtuse The Shawshank Redemption What Did You Call Me GIFs

Edited by RollLeft

It’s fascinating that these hayseeds keep trying to ascribe Texas’s move to the SEC to some sort of shift in attitude about the conference itself, or to “following” A&M there. Texas is going to do whatever is in the best interest of Texas, and makes Texas the most money.

It’s tough for them to understand because they assign some sort of bizarre idea of moral value to their school’s athletic conference affiliation. Like they’re in a best friends club or something.

We’re going for the money. That’s it. We can still hate the SEC (I intend to). We can still look down on them.

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

FplCOabXsAI39Wm?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCO5bXgAE-Sdx?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCPZFX0AM7uMU?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCP6NWIAE2giS?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCSOMWYAIEJR6?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCSsrXgAIzKke?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCTHpWAAUabRY?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCTkoWIAA4J48?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCWGeWAAAdR9D?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCWm9XoAUjnPr?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCXA4WIAMVrUh?format=jpg&name=mediumFplCXcYX0AILGvl?format=jpg&name=medium

Rubes. Almost all of them are rubes. 

My favorite part of the move to sec is that all that conference love they spouted about when they joined is all but gone and their bitterness towards it is in full swing. 

“Texas only does what’s good for Texas!” - some texag rube

Yeah. No shit. That’s literally the job. To do what is best for your school you work for. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Also, I just want to beat the teams on our schedule. If you’re not on the schedule I don’t give a fuck about you or your team. 

Edited by Droopy
Poor. Aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

image.png.66d8aeb52a82e66fd86ce24c10e07deb.png

not to go full RD on y'all but since, per usual, they can't get the facts straight on this front they need a quick refresher.

• 12 of the first 20 meetings were in Austin (60%)
  • 4 of the first 20 were in San Antonio (20%)
  • 3 of the first 20 were in Houston (15%)
  • 1 of the first 20 was in Dallas (5%)

12 of those games were played in 6 specific years (highlighted below)

image.png.7b829f44054ba8166a04df7d6943a069.png

the 21st meeting was in Houston and starting with the 22nd meeting the game moved to College Station/Austin alternating years from the 22nd meeting to the 118th meeting.

clearly in those early years lots of teams played each other multiple times. hell, in 1902 they played more games in Bryan at the Fairgrounds (2) than they did in College Station (1.)

in 1901 they played Baylor 3 times - none of them were in College Station - Dallas Fair Grounds, Bryan Fair Grounds, Waco.

1902 they played Baylor 3x, 2x in Bryan and 1x in Dallas. They played Trinity twice, once at Trinity in Waxahachie and once in Houston.

1903 they played Baylor 3x (Waco 2x, College Station 1) and TCU 3x (College Station 2x, Waco 1x)

again - remember that before 1905 there was no Kyle Field and they just played on the drill fields. literally there was no set "home field" or park or anything else, which is one of the reasons that the Kyle guy started the stadium process/area in the first place.

Texas played at Clark Field, from 1887 to 1924 which was on Campus. Before then they played at Hyde Park? and then somewhere near Waller Creek? the point being they had an actual "home" field, while A&M literally didn't. i have no insight as to why they played 2x games in many of those years with 1 in Austin but thats what happened.

remember y'all...

An Aggie does not lie

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Rubes. Almost all of them are rubes. 

My favorite part of the move to sec is that all that conference love they spouted about when they joined is all but gone and their bitterness towards it is in full swing. 
“Texas only does what’s good for Texas!” - some texag rube

Yeah. No shit. That’s literally the job. To do what is best for your school you work for. Why is that so hard to grasp?

pretty sure this was the exact arguement many made when they left for the SEC. they were making a good decision for A&M, it was a "100 year decision", it's the best conference, etc.

now that anyone else does the same thing...they want to complain about it?

again, remember they voted "yes" to add Texas and OU.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoName said:

not to go full RD on y'all but since, per usual, they can't get the facts straight on this front they need a quick refresher.

the 21st meeting was in Houston and starting with the 22nd meeting the game moved to College Station/Austin alternating years from the 22nd meeting to the 118th meeting.

clearly in those early years lots of teams played each other multiple times. hell, in 1902 they played more games in Bryan at the Fairgrounds (2) than they did in College Station (1.)

in 1901 they played Baylor 3 times - none of them were in College Station - Dallas Fair Grounds, Bryan Fair Grounds, Waco.

1902 they played Baylor 3x, 2x in Bryan and 1x in Dallas. They played Trinity twice, once at Trinity in Waxahachie and once in Houston.

1903 they played Baylor 3x (Waco 2x, College Station 1) and TCU 3x (College Station 2x, Waco 1x)

again - remember that before 1905 there was no Kyle Field and they just played on the drill fields. literally there was no set "home field" or park or anything else, which is one of the reasons that the Kyle guy started the stadium process/area in the first place.

Texas played at Clark Field, from 1887 to 1924 which was on Campus. Before then they played at Hyde Park? and then somewhere near Waller Creek? the point being they had an actual "home" field, while A&M literally didn't. i have no insight as to why they played 2x games in many of those years with 1 in Austin but thats what happened.

remember y'all...

Negged for even referencing the dipshit. 

• Haha 2

“Yeah but games from back then don’t count because this was before the sips had scholarship limits enforced on them. Unless they do count because it was our bestest season evar (heil aggies!) or it helps our argument about how unfair the scheduling was in leather helmet dayz!”

Eta: “I am become Texas, destroyer of conferences” should totally be on the surly banner for the first aggy game.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, deft said:

“Yeah but games from back then don’t count because this was before the sips had scholarship limits enforced on them. Unless they do count because it was our bestest season evar (heil aggies!) or it helps our argument about how unfair the scheduling was in leather helmet dayz!”

if you dump the first 21 games from the rivalry and only do since game 22 when they started rotating between Austin and College Station, Texas still leads 61-33-5

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

remember y'all...

Wasn't the 1894 game their "we quit at halftime, boo hoo" game?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NoName said:

if you dump the first 21 games from the rivalry and only do since game 22 when they started rotating between Austin and College Station, Texas still leads 61-33-5

Yeah, but take out election & La Niña years, night games and games when kickoff was 58 degree or less and the fightin Texas ags have a .975 winning % over them dum ol sips.  Whoop!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It’s fascinating that these hayseeds keep trying to ascribe Texas’s move to the SEC to some sort of shift in attitude about the conference itself, or to “following” A&M there. Texas is going to do whatever is in the best interest of Texas, and makes Texas the most money.
It’s tough for them to understand because they assign some sort of bizarre idea of moral value to their school’s athletic conference affiliation. Like they’re in a best friends club or something.
We’re going for the money. That’s it. We can still hate the SEC (I intend to). We can still look down on them.
Tsrh
The SEC doesn't magically become less overrated when we join, simply more top heavy than before. The misserys, Vandy's, Reb's, Cocks, Piggies, aggy etc are no better than the filler in other conferences. Occasionally good enough to fuck up someone's season, never a threat nationally.
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread