Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Oh it does. College football loves a rivalry and aggy and Texas spending a decade loudly talking about how the other one is a bitch who backed out on them hasn't exactly lowered the temperature. 

Yes. 

The RRS is a given. It was never in doubt and it’s a cash cow. But acting like a historic rivalry worth a fuck ton of dollars, on a day with reduced sports options won’t be leveraged by the SEC because one of the teams are scared bitches seems, to me, like a laughably poor decision business decision. That’s why I don’t think it will happen. Can you imagine them giving up Auburn vs Bama because Auburn was tired of losing and pissed their pants during a tantrum?

• Hook 'Em 5

Oh it does. College football loves a rivalry and aggy and Texas spending a decade loudly talking about how the other one is a bitch who backed out on them hasn't exactly lowered the temperature. 
Among rabid CFB fans, sure...but at one time we had T-day evening as an exclusive, even NFL fans looked forward to one more football game on Turkey day. Texas vs aggy is what they got no matter if they couldn't give a shit about either program. These days there are options..we'll find out when the ratings drop I guess.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ousux said:
10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Among rabid CFB fans, sure...but at one time we had T-day evening as an exclusive, even NFL fans looked forward to one more football game on Turkey day. Texas vs aggy is what they got no matter if they couldn't give a shit about either program. These days there are options..we'll find out when the ratings drop I guess.

As I recall, by the end of the series, we were already competing with the NFL on Thanksgiving night. Aggy is a traditional shitshow. 

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Imo it will depend on the night game for the NFL. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Its going to be 9 games.   No way does the SEC make Bama choose between auburn and Tenn,   They aren't going to make georgia choose between florida and Auburn.  They arent going to make texas choose between OUsux and aggy.    ESPN is going to write a big fat check to go to 9 games with the 3+6 format and everyone is going to be rich.

Anything else is worrying about something that is never ever going to happen.   

image.gif.da48f13cec7d8e93afcd59d302145bed.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I continue to be baffled by their notion of the SEC "putting the horns in their place" and "setting a tone" with how the league is going to show Texas who runs the show. I'm trying to think of examples in adulthood where that kind of behavior among business partners, or coworkers, or even companies and customers is on display.

The only things that come to mind are: shitty teachers berating students to open the school year; government employees at the DMV or Passport office; security guards; restaurant/movie theater/strip club managers with employees; Karens with responsibilities at church; and Texags with Liucci's behavior.

Then, when I think about that, it all makes sense. I'm guessing a good portion of those posters are relegated to one or more of those roles and all of them are conditioned to being berated on Texags while they happily hand over their money to Billdo. 

So…..they drank the Kool-Aid!

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It was never a rivalry America paid attention to. Nobody cares about Texas A&M. 

What you talkin bout Willis???

I grew up in New England on lonk island sound.

Every thanksgiving we all sat around stuffed watching Texas vrs aggy football.

and we talked about it in school the following Monday.

while we may not have loved Texas or aggy, we loved watching them play football on thanksgiving.
people outside of Texas enjoyed the game more than you realize.

Edited by TexasTroll
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

Lol at admitting not being able to have their own identity while being in the same league with tu.

When in actuality, a remarkably large part of their identity is not being Texas while obsessively focusing on their fantasies of good versus evil. 

The part of their identity that doesn't focus on Texas is a set of bizarre traditions and rituals that defines them as crazies.

20 minutes ago, ricky queso said:

I think the best solution is to make the Thanksgiving weekend rivalry game - LSU vs. Texas.

Can you imagine how great an atmosphere it would be at Death Valley filled with swamp people full of turkey - Fried and Wild.  The two top schools in neighboring states...  sounds like fun times.   I'm sure aggy would vote for it, after encouragement...

LSU agrees

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, ricky queso said:

I think the best solution is to make the Thanksgiving weekend rivalry game - LSU vs. Texas.

Can you imagine how great an atmosphere it would be at Death Valley filled with swamp people full of turkey - Fried and Wild.  The two top schools in neighboring states...  sounds like fun times.   I'm sure aggy would vote for it, after encouragement...

I don't give a shit about LSU. aggy is a rival. Y'all overthinking this.

• Hook 'Em 1

I would think given NFL on Thursday night, we would play Ags on Friday.  That is basically a holiday these days.  Almost anyone who is not in retail is off.

It is a big game.  Neither side can deny it.  Look, OU is bigger and a more important rival.  Because they are 10x the program of A&M.  But almost all of us deal with 20x the number of Aggies than we do Sooners.  Especially if you live in Houston or Austin. So it really sucks losing to those goofballs.

14 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

As I recall, by the end of the series, we were already competing with the NFL on Thanksgiving night. Aggy is a traditional shitshow. 

I only remember a handful of games being played at night growing up. The last one obviously at Kyle, but the only other one that comes to mind is the year Greg Hill and the NCAA violation fueled aggys ran a train on us at DKR in '94. I don't remember any of Simms', VY's, or Colt's games being at night unless I am misremembering. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I only remember a handful of games being played at night growing up. The last one obviously at Kyle, but the only other one that comes to mind is the year Greg Hill and the NCAA violation fueled aggys ran a train on us at DKR in '94. I don't remember any of Simms', VY's, or Colt's games being at night unless I am misremembering. 

Pretty sure the 2008-2010 games were at night as well?  

I can get behind a trip to Baton Rouge every other season. If I never step foot in CS again, it will be too soon.

I don't really care about the 8 vs. 9 conference games, though. Ultimately, as long as aggy takes some position on the subject and is ignored like a child while the grownups talk, the outcome is irrelevant. As stated above, one way makes a lot of $, and the other way makes even more $, and the $ will be the deciding factor.

And the funniest thing out of the quoted aggie drivel is the notion that CS has somehow become a Mecca for college football, and that recruits are going to love it far more than Austin. There are just so many levels of stupid in that assertion.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

God they are so dumb. It's 1 thing that's fucking them, well, maybe 2, but it's simple shit. But instead of noticing the violation, they just immediately default to "Bullshit, totally above board because WE TOOK SO LONG TO DO IT." Lets take a sampling of quite a few things that "took a long time to do" and still fucking sucked and failed miserably.

Johnstown Flood:
132nd anniversary of the Johnstown Flood | WJAC

Titanic:

Remembering the Titanic | National Geographic Society

Waterworld TV Show in the Works With Dan Trachtenberg Attached to Direct

How dare you, sir, besmirch the cinematic masterpiece that is Kevin Costner's crowning jewel of a movie role, Waterworld.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

How dare you, sir, besmirch the cinematic masterpiece that is Kevin Costner's crowning jewel of a movie role, Waterworld.

20 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I liked waterworld

I didn't ask if you reprobates liked it. Hell, I don't mind it nearly as much as the hate. But at the time it was widely considered one of the biggest box office bombs ever, and the production took like a year. It fits the comparison here nicely, even if it eventually broke even. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

"tu" claims this..."tu" wants that"..."tu" thinks this..."tu" believes that.  I'm curious...*who* are they talking about when they say this?  Do we have an official spokesperson that shares all of these things we claim/want/think/believe?  Does that person take a poll to get input from the rest of us?  I must have missed it somewhere...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is correct.

We'll see if the Texas vs. ATM game ends up being worth much after the first few match-ups. Historically, it wasn't a big ratings draw.

This may be true in your experience, but the historic data doesn't support the notion that the game had national relevance. The ratings were never really a boon and it was usually relegated to a tertiary sports topic for that week at the national media level. Mostly, to Tex Pete's point, because ATM was almost always irrelevant.

When ATM actually did win, they were cheating their asses off and got banned from TV, which led to us playing Baylor for a few years on Thanksgiving, to even lower ratings, and then the game getting moved to Black Friday morning. 

Look, it's certainly a popular narrative at the national level that this is a great rivalry that needs to be revived. They're forgetting their own past where they largely ignored it. Maybe the national interest and regional fervor for SEC football match-ups and the sheer size of Texas' brand these days leads to this game being a much bigger thing in the future, but I doubt it. My doubt for it is simple - ATM will fuck it up. They always do. In this case, all they have to do is keep being their mediocre, weird selves.

On the Texas end, it's not like Texas hasn't actively tried to destroy its brand and fanbase via 12+ years of mostly abject failure, yet it seems like we simply cannot. The opposite is true for the aggies, and that's probably enough to ultimately anchor the game to a status between that of the USC-Notre Dame match-up (every other year) and Egg Bowl that weekend. Every time they seem to be vaguely relevant beyond the wall of College Station, they pull the bookshelf back onto themselves and either go back to being a laughingstock or complete national irrelevance, due to them just doing their usual cultish weird shit or due to sticking to their historic baseline on the field, or both.

There's a simple reason Texas-Texas A&M isn't big on a national level, and it's the same reason Texas-Texas A&M pales compared to Texas-Oklahoma. Basically, Texas and Texas A&M haven't played each other much when they were both good. Historically, one of them has typically been down, compared to Texas-Oklahoma, which have played a lot of games when both were considered good. The wins feel epic, the loses hurt, and the whole thing thus feels bigger. 

Now, I'll admit that the scheduling alone accounts for some of that. Texas plays OU early in the season when the cumulative opportunities to shit the bed are limited.  So maybe on of the two teams is inflated in the rankings. But it is what it is. I've really known the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat with Texas-OU over the years. I can still recall tiny details of many games. Most games with Aggie barely make an impression at all. If they're on TV, I watch them just because they're a Texas game. I don't give a shit about the Aggie side of the equation. And as cruel as it sounds, the most significant game-related impression Aggie has made in memory is offing themselves with the bonfire.

And yes, it was a tragedy, and the students killed had loved ones. But is was also an irresponsible, stupid, and completely avoidable tragedy.

I remember when the news bulletin first flashed that students had been killed in "the collapse of a large structure on campus." I instantly knew what it was. My other distinct memory is of a loathsome Aggy with no sense of perspective explaining to a horrified national reported that bonfire symbolized "our burning hatred of TU." Jesus Christ. Young people are dead for no reason at all, and they just can't quit. Even for a minute. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Tired Horn said:

There's a simple reason Texas-Texas A&M isn't big on a national level, and it's the same reason Texas-Texas A&M pales compared to Texas-Oklahoma. Basically, Texas and Texas A&M haven't played each other much when they were both good. Historically, one of them has typically been down, compared to Texas-Oklahoma, which have played a lot of games when both were considered good. The wins feel epic, the loses hurt, and the whole thing thus feels bigger. 

Now, I'll admit that the scheduling alone accounts for some of that. Texas plays OU early in the season when the cumulative opportunities to shit the bed are limited.  So maybe on of the two teams is inflated in the rankings. But it is what it is. I've really known the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat with Texas-OU over the years. I can still recall tiny details of many games. Most games with Aggie barely make an impression at all. If they're on TV, I watch them just because they're a Texas game. I don't give a shit about the Aggie side of the equation. And as cruel as it sounds, the most significant game-related impression Aggie has made in memory is offing themselves with the bonfire.

And yes, it was a tragedy, and the students killed had loved ones. But is was also an irresponsible, stupid, and completely avoidable tragedy.

I remember when the news bulletin first flashed that students had been killed in "the collapse of a large structure on campus." I instantly knew what it was. My other distinct memory is of a loathsome Aggy with no sense of perspective explaining to a horrified national reported that bonfire symbolized "our burning hatred of TU." Jesus Christ. Young people are dead for no reason at all, and they just can't quit. Even for a minute. 

Herp derp still makes me laugh.

• Haha 3

image.png.2f874e64cc858d10d24ae21fadebe42a.png

* "Rid of them" by fleeing the bully. Looks like your kids are cowards, too, you whining victim.

image.png.01a4f3801bb59eb100e491d27e605a96.png

1. This rigorous research sets up his entire position and will likely be quoted a few times before becoming an AgFact. The ignorance defense.

2. The only people who write honestly about A&M are Aggies bound by the sacred honor code.

image.png.511daa69f1ad204ebb3c9d99420216c9.png

Same old delusional song. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, texifornia said:

I don't give a shit about LSU. aggy is a rival. Y'all overthinking this.

Is someone you beat -75% of time in the three main sports a rival? Or just another team in same state?

OU is a rival as there’s parity historically, aggy  is just an annoyance. They’re as much a rival to me as Rice is. At least Rice has won a national championship in baseball in recent history. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread