Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

53 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Is someone you beat -75% of time in the three main sports a rival? Or just another team in same state?

OU is a rival as there’s parity historically, aggy  is just an annoyance. They’re as much a rival to me as Rice is. At least Rice has won a national championship in baseball in recent history. 

Win loss record doesn’t mean it’s not a rivalry, by that logic OU wouldn’t call us a football rival the last several years.  We have a thread with 1052 pages on aggy, way more then the same for any other school.  Saying they aren’t a rival is kinda acting like them.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Win loss record doesn’t mean it’s not a rivalry, by that logic OU wouldn’t call us a football rival the last several years.

A rivalry isn't marked by "the last several years." It didn't become a rivalry over "the last several years." We've played them for over a hundred years and we lead the series with our rival.

That isn't something aggy can say "over the last several years" or ever. And the series with aggy isn't even close.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Tex/aggy was always a rivalry but it was never very important in the big scheme of college football.  

Its like my rivalry with fire ants in my back yard, i hate them and they hate me, but no one really gives a shit.

Oh make no mistake Mr. Drummond, those ants give a shit. At this very moment there are billions of them in the ground under your house rapidly tunneling up through your foundation in preparation for an attack in the late night hours. I'm really surprised that you can't hear them yet.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

"Germain". I swear it's almost like this shit is some subtle form of performance art.

I’ve often considered the possibility that their entire existence (and all it entails) is performance art.

It kind of creates a quasi-catch-22 situation: while it is funnier and more entertaining that these are seemingly sincere people and this is how they truly are, the fact that it appears to be reality and not one giant joke also makes me feel worse about the world in general. 

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

"Germain". I swear it's almost like this shit is some subtle form of performance art.

Also, the part where the guy says he'd trust aggie lawyers over someone at the NCAA is awesome. They honestly think this shit was examined with a fine-toothed comb by a crack team of highly paid lawyers for more than 18 months to ensure that everything they're doing is kosher. 

If they had anything north of a room temperature IQ on Texags, they'd have some basic understanding that their "lawyers" don't appear to do that whole "law" thing very well at all. They'd also recognize that in fucking with the SEC on this stuff, they're further alienating an entity with actual enormous power over their outcomes in every fucking sport. They've been poking the SEC and also Bama for two years now and that hasn't exactly been working out well, but, hey, keep going!

Yeah... they keep poking the SEC bear with their over the top bag game, Fisher shit talking Saban, throwing a public hissy fit to keep Texas/OU out of the conference despite their bringing hundreds of millions of dollars in extra revenue to their member institutions, making idiotic schedule demands, and then completely flubbing the NIL game for really no apparent reason other than their own stupidity. And then they complain that Texas is going to ruin the conference by making unreasonable demands and generally being a bad member and business partner. Uh, ok?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Tex/aggy was always a rivalry but it was never very important in the big scheme of college football.  

Its like my rivalry with fire ants in my back yard, i hate them and they hate me, but no one really gives a shit.

I wonder if we could get away with pouring molten aluminum on their campus..

Edited by Vertigo

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, the part where the guy says he'd trust aggie lawyers over someone at the NCAA is awesome. They honestly think this shit was examined with a fine-toothed comb by a crack team of highly paid lawyers for more than 18 months to ensure that everything they're doing is kosher. 

If they had anything north of a room temperature IQ on Texags, they'd have some basic understanding that their "lawyers" don't appear to do that whole "law" thing very well at all. They'd also recognize that in fucking with the SEC on this stuff, they're further alienating an entity with actual enormous power over their outcomes in every fucking sport. They've been poking the SEC and also Bama for two years now and that hasn't exactly been working out well, but, hey, keep going!

You would think that a school that has spent millions of marketing dollars solely pinning it's identity to a conference would not be taking giant shits on the rug and rubbing it on the walls of the league office, or attacking the established bell cows of the league with hissy fits and temper tantrums after being called out for obvious and poorly veiled cheating. They should be the epitome of ring kissers, yet they act like the SEC owes them something for never finishing higher than 4th in the league *covid bullshit year doesn't count*.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Yeah... they keep poking the SEC bear with their over the top bag game, Fisher shit talking Saban, throwing a public hissy fit to keep Texas/OU out of the conference despite their bringing hundreds of millions of dollars in extra revenue to their member institutions, making idiotic schedule demands, and then completely flubbing the NIL game for really no apparent reason other than their own stupidity. And then they complain that Texas is going to ruin the conference by making unreasonable demands and generally being a bad member and business partner. Uh, ok?

IOW, aggy gonna aggy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

You would think that a school that has spent millions of marketing dollars solely pinning it's identity to a conference would not be taking giant shits on the rug and rubbing it on the walls of the league office, or attacking the established bell cows of the league with hissy fits and temper tantrums after being called out for obvious and poorly veiled cheating. They should be the epitome of ring kissers, yet they act like the SEC owes them something for never finishing higher than 4th in the league *covid bullshit year doesn't count*.

It's inherent to their world view. The fact that they haven't achieved the greatness that is their birthright is proof that everyone has conspired to keep them down. The possibility that they're just some weird, country ass rubes with fetishes masquerading as traditions never occurs to them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

spacer.png

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Enjoy the rich irony of the home of milkmen, fake army and the Midnight Yell calling other student bodies goobers

FqPTOorWIAUQgC8?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTPCwXsAE1rTo?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTPWnWIBEDatA?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTPqvWcAACcWH?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTRxXWIAM-KJa?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTSHsWIBA5QxA?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTSfQXgAA_lwx?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTS2KWIA8Uxr6?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTT_8WIBITY2O?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTUV-WIAI7H4j?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTUwjXwAAgxra?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTVE_WIAAKMV4?format=jpg&name=medium

If they're going to pick a future destination based on their perception of how well they can succeed there, I'd like to suggest they just move to the Sun Belt, or D2. 

Also, LOL at Fox and NBC having better TV. Wow. The coverage on Fox is...so bad. 

57 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Enjoy the rich irony of the home of milkmen, fake army and the Midnight Yell calling other student bodies goobers

FqPTOorWIAUQgC8?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTPCwXsAE1rTo?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTPWnWIBEDatA?format=jpg&name=medium

There's a 100% chance that aggy claims we have ruined the SEC within 5 years, right?  I expect posts like this to be more and more common as time passes.  Luckily, I don't really think there are other schools who will embrace the little brother whining like we saw in the Big 12.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

1.) They already think we've ruined the SEC. No matter what happens, it's fait accompli in their little brains.
2.) In 5 years, we will have ruined the SEC...for them. When we start hoisting trophies and relegate their asses back to 2nd class recruiting citizens forever mediocre, yeah, you can say the SEC will have been ruined for them. 

If this could somehow end with them going back to the big 12 in like 15 or 20 years I might die of schadenfreude 

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Hilarious that someone is still peddling the lie that Tech put "feces" on the aggy bus.

At the time, they breathlessly reported that their bus(es) was vandalized and shit smeared throughout. It was actually shoe polish on the windows and catfish stinkbait put inside. Not even smeared, as I recall.

Lying shit bags. The most fragile fanbase in all of sports.

nevermind that one of their little asshole overall wearing fuckfaces scooped up shit and flung it at the Texas band.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well in the interest of fairness, most were clinically, mentally ill beforehand. 

In the interest of further fairness, there are a number of Ags who attended it simply because it was a big university in the state and who are almost as appalled by its cult-like attributes as we are. The TRUE AG is becoming a smaller percentage with each generation.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

In the interest of further fairness, there are a number of Ags who attended it simply because it was a big university in the state and who are almost as appalled by its cult-like attributes as we are. The TRUE AG is becoming a smaller percentage with each generation.

While you’re almost certainly right, let’s hope not. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Well that and any recruit we're talking to won't play a down in the Big 12.  So is the SEC touch football?

I can’t wait until they can’t bash our conference. Their heads might explode trying to come up with sick burns.

Edited by Vertigo

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

FqPTOorWIAUQgC8?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTPCwXsAE1rTo?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTPWnWIBEDatA?format=jpg&name=mediumFqPTPqvWcAACcWH?format=jpg&name=medium

That's right ESPN had us by the balls and released us from them paying us for two more years.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Still hate that UT assisted with their AAU.  I know it’s better for the state and all that, but I’m pretty sure I’d rather just point and laugh. Getting to where I truly can’t stand these assholes.  

I don't know about that.  Ags have provided a lot of laughs.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread