Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

5 hours ago, walker said:

Wasn't there a report from Niners training camp last yr where they were talking about struggles in coverage?   They mentioned O'neal getting burned on a route...

....  by the athletic trainer!!!!!!   

I swear I saw it here..  anyone save that link?

I swear I remember something like that,  but not sure.

56 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

One of the indictments they used against Texas for years. aggy is fair game right now in the national media after Jimbo’s SI comments. Almost all of the Athletic and Yahoo guys worked at SI during their careers. 

I imagine they’ll take take a collective steaming shit on aggy during their season previews. Should be fun. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

One of the indictments they used against Texas for years. aggy is fair game right now in the national media after Jimbo’s SI comments. Almost all of the Athletic and Yahoo guys worked at SI during their careers. 

I imagine they’ll take take a collective steaming shit on aggy during their season previews. Should be fun. 

Sark and the staff will have more than that after next year in three years.

15 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Leon truly is one of the great aggies of this generation. His ability to carefully look at those facts and then come up with that conclusion is… well, perfectly aggie. A rare combination of hubris, delusion and ignorance, on top of a massive persecution complex underscored by not knowing when to shut the fuck up. It’s like he was made in a laboratory. 

Well.  There’s that one thing that keeps him from being a perfect ag…

I’m pretty sure Sul would be none too pleased with your thoughts on the matter. 

30 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Aggy saying "texas hasn't won jack shit in forever" made me laugh.  Such an amazing lack of self awareness. 

The subconscious implication (which I agree with) is that Texas is supposed to win shit. When aggy wins shit, it's a pleasant surprise to them. It's not an accident that they hold us to a higher standard than they hold themselves.

Edited by TotallyLegit

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

image.png.1b5f31af9f13c1ba9a7600222a25ef79.png

That's right. The SEC has been quaking in terror of the greatness that is A&M. Every thought they have, every single thing they do, is aimed at keeping A&M from overwhelming their picayune conference (that they were stupid enough to allow it to join).

Aggy is a God-like giant of a program. Just ask them.

It's really a shame that all these conference conspiracies (SWC, Big 12, SEC) have kept the awesome A&M down for 83 years. Who knew conference conspiracies could be so effective.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

That's right. The SEC has been quaking in terror of the greatness that is A&M. Every thought they have, every single thing they do, is aimed at keeping A&M from overwhelming their picayune conference (that they were stupid enough to allow it to join).

Aggy is a God-like giant of a program. Just ask them.

It's really a shame that all these conference conspiracies (SWC, Big 12, SEC) have kept the awesome A&M down for 83 years. Who knew conference conspiracies could be so effective.

That "western power" phrase made me want to make a "decline and fall of Rome" joke, but it'd be so dishonest, as aggy never experienced the rise 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

20230430_110420.jpg

Because A&M has measured up so well to Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. 

As I recall, while those programs have been winning national titles, A&M has been talking about all the national titles they will win when they're great, which they always have been, but they'll be even greater soon. Something, something Jimbo. Just you wait.

• Hook 'Em 1

That "western power" phrase made me want to make a "decline and fall of Rome" joke, but it'd be so dishonest, as aggy never experienced the rise 

Did you hear what the fall of Rome says about aggy?

Well I’m sure they’ll make it up, repeat amongst themselves, and then tell you like it’s the truth.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2023 at 6:27 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Leon truly is one of the great aggies of this generation. His ability to carefully look at those facts and then come up with that conclusion is… well, perfectly aggie. A rare combination of hubris, delusion and ignorance, on top of a massive persecution complex underscored by not knowing when to shut the fuck up. It’s like he was made in a laboratory. 

this raises a question i'm not sure we've ever discussed.....

do aggy athletes go through fish camp?

"The reason teams like bama, lsu, uga uf, and tn wanted tu and 0u is because they know that once we're ****ing around with those *******s splitting up regional talent and resources between us, none of the 3 of us will ever consistently chalenge as a major dynasty."

wanted

is

once we're

will ever

as a

there _are_ 12 tenses in english and that's 5 in one sentence

On 4/30/2023 at 11:06 AM, JesusSweatDuck said:

Remember to thank @Longhornfrenzy

20230430_110531.jpg

Wrong on what you have to be to compete in the SEC.

You have to be a blue blood or the principal state school 

The above allows you to do the following:

a) Be the school that recruits want to be at since you are not a little brother or an also ran

b) Get the best coaches

c) Get $$ flowing in because boosters know there is a realistic chance instead of eventually flaming out

I predicted Auburn is done because unlike 2010, NIL will no longer allow them to afford to pay for their championship.

17 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this raises a question i'm not sure we've ever discussed.....

do aggy athletes go through fish camp?

Leon was a T.A. at Fish Camp. Unfortunately, by the time he got to Camp every year, it was already over.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread