Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

It's almost like we had someone named Bijan Robison. 

How'd we do during that month? Glad you guys asked. We went 3-1, with the only loss being by 7 points to eventual #2 team TCU. 

In case you were wondering, in that same time A&M went 2-2, with a big upset of LSU and...a win over Massachusetts. 20-3. I feel like a wonderkid QB should have been able to TORCH  a UMass team that...(checks notes) went 1-11...

To be fair our offense in that tcu game , especially our passing offense, was unacceptably bad. So while “ok, we were 3&1 with the one loss against a good team” narrative is compelling, the offense in that game needed to be better and that failure was on last years team.

We must be better this year.

6 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

To be fair our offense in that tcu game , especially our passing offense, was unacceptably bad. So while “ok, we were 3&1 with the one loss against a good team” narrative is compelling, the offense in that game needed to be better and that failure was on last years team.

We must be better this year.

Well no fucking shit. We needed larger margins of victory in each of the wins as well. I’m not crafting some “trust the coaches” bullshit narrative, i simply pointed out we had Bijan Robinson, and we comparatively did better than atm did over the same stretch against an even weaker schedule. 

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

Fv3u63bWIAAf7ZH?format=jpg&name=medium

lol

• Baylor #56 DFEI: Texas had 16 passing attempts and 42 non Ewers rushing attempts
  • Kansas BAD: Texas had 22 passing attempts (including 1 by Card) and 57 rushing attempts for 427 yards and 6 TDs btw
  • Kansas St #16 DFEI Texas had 31 passing attempts vs 39 non Ewers rushing attempts
  • TCU #25 DFEI: yeah, TCU was ugly as hell all the way around. 39 passing attempts vs 18 non Ewers rushing attempts. from a YPC standpoint this was the worst game Bijan played in college. Bad game plan, bad execution by players and Texas somehow still only lost by 7 despite TCU having 15 min more TOP in the game. Texas scored 3 non defensive points

if you want a good chuckle here is Conner Weigman

• LSU #17 DFEI: 155 passing yards
  • UMass #121 DFEI: 191 passing yards
  • Auburn #29 DFEI: 121 passing yards
  • Ole Miss #52 DFEI: 338 passing yards
  • South Carolina #58 DFEI (partial game): 91 passing yards

shitting on a player for not passing for 200 yards is incredibly rich when you consider Weigman's history. it also shows a complete lack of awareness of football - no one is shitting on Weigman for only throwing for 191 vs UMass (although maybe there should be, A&M ran it 38 times for only 107 yards and was up 10-3 on one of the worst CFB teams in years at home.)

they really are the most tone deaf group of fans in sports. almost every criticism they have of anyone else is absolutely criticism that should be levied against their team. 

• TEXAS HAVEN'T WON ANYTHING IN YEARS!
  • TEXAS CAN'T EVEN WIN THEIR OWN DIVISION!
  • TEXAS DOESN'T BEAT UP ON BAD TEAMS!
  • TEXAS CAN'T BEAT GOOD TEAMS!
  • TEXAS FANS ARE ONLY FOCUSED ON THE EVENT THAT IS GAMEDAY NOT THE ACTUAL GAME!
  • TEXAS FANS DON'T SHOW UP AGAINST BAD TEAMS!
  • TEXAS FOCUSES ON WINNING IN FEBRUARY (recruiting) NOT IN OCTOBER!
  • TEXAS DOESN'T DEVELOP PLAYERS!
  • NO TEAM HAS DONE MORE WITH LESS THAN TEXAS! NO TEAM HAS DONE LESS WITH MORE THAN TEXAS!
  • TEXAS GETS OVERHYPED BY THE MEDIA EVERY YEAR!
  • TEXAS HAS TOO MANY T SHIRT FANS!
  • AUSTIN IS A CESSPOOL WHERE NO ONE WITH HALF A BRAIN WOULD EVER WANT TO LIVE!

it's old hat at this point and has been for years.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are the Perkins and hill posts meant to be serious?

Well, I mean, you read it on Texags, and they have an honor code and everything. Must be true. The guy probably heard it from a buddy who is in tight with tu's football program. Unimpeachable source who really really really exists!

• Haha 2

Coleman heading elsewhere had nothing to do with NIL. These guys are total buffoons. They’re almost as moronic as their bumbling coaching staff. 

Is there a homeless problem in College Station? If so, there’s some relief coming in the form of an overload of bread. That roster isn’t going to be able to fit all of it on there. 

26 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are the Perkins and hill posts meant to be serious?

I don't think so, but I may be giving them too much credit.  Pretty sure the Hill posts are just playing off their fan fiction that he was having buyers remorse a few months back, and Perkins would have to sit a year if he transferred to another SEC school.

9 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Can someone help me understand why A&M is supposed to have a WR problem? Between Evan Stewart, Moose Muhammad and Ainas Smith they seem to be pretty well set for good to potentially very good starters.

They appear to be following some sort of proprietary personnel management scheme known only to Jimbo Fisher and staff. It involves a notion of severely overweighting the roster to like 3 positions and then also virtually completely ignoring 3-4 other positions. They seem to think they need 23 WRs in order to succeed. Same for DL. Meanwhile, OL, CB, and LB are relics of a bygone era in the sport of college football.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Can someone help me understand why A&M is supposed to have a WR problem? Between Evan Stewart, Moose Muhammad and Ainas Smith they seem to be pretty well set for good to potentially very good starters.

I think it has to do with getting excited over any transfer that’s willing to come in, rather than out.  

LOL at Ant Hill and Perkins wanting for aggy.  Godamnit these people. 

51 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

No depth. One of those guys goes down…

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

l6IVgQw1

there is a good chance Preson, Smith, Muhammad are gone next year leaving them w/ Walker, Stewart, Thomas and the freshmen.

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They appear to be following some sort of proprietary personnel management scheme known only to Jimbo Fisher and staff. It involves a notion of severely overweighting the roster to like 3 positions and then also virtually completely ignoring 3-4 other positions. They seem to think they need 23 WRs in order to succeed. Same for DL. Meanwhile, OL, CB, and LB are relics of a bygone era in the sport of college football.

when he leave he is going to leave behind a horrifically managed roster.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=529379820

• bad QB room management if Weigman doesn't pan out they have Marcel Reed (not an EE?), the guy from Fresno St and Max Johnson who should be able to grad transfer I think after this year?
  • RB is 2 older guys who aint shit + Daniels/Moss/Owens - don't see how all 3 are there a year from now. hell if Owens is still there next year i will be shocked.
  • WR room is dumb and likely to lose Preston/Smith/Moose, leaving them with the D2 transfer, Evan Stewart and The Aggy Malcolm Epps Noah Thomas who is LISTED at 6'6" and 195 + 2 true freshmen.
  • their OL is full of a bunch of cubes and JAGs and are led by a guy who is a bad coach and maybe the biggest asshole on staff (!)
  • they are just taking bodies to fill up the LB room. Taurean York and Chantz Johnson would both be 5*s if they were only 4 inches taller, 30 lbs heavier and ran their 40s 2 tenths faster. York's up in the 4.8 range.
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, NoName said:

l6IVgQw1

there is a good chance Preson, Smith, Muhammad are gone next year leaving them w/ Walker, Stewart, Thomas and the freshmen.

when he leave he is going to leave behind a horrifically managed roster.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=529379820

• bad QB room management if Weigman doesn't pan out they have Marcel Reed (not an EE?), the guy from Fresno St and Max Johnson who should be able to grad transfer I think after this year?
  • RB is 2 older guys who aint shit + Daniels/Moss/Owens - don't see how all 3 are there a year from now. hell if Owens is still there next year i will be shocked.
  • WR room is dumb and likely to lose Preston/Smith/Moose, leaving them with the D2 transfer, Evan Stewart and The Aggy Malcolm Epps Noah Thomas who is LISTED at 6'6" and 195 + 2 true freshmen.
  • their OL is full of a bunch of cubes and JAGs and are led by a guy who is a bad coach and maybe the biggest asshole on staff (!)
  • they are just taking bodies to fill up the LB room. Taurean York and Chantz Johnson would both be 5*s if they were only 4 inches taller, 30 lbs heavier and ran their 40s 2 tenths faster. York's up in the 4.8 range.

restating the obvious, but occam's razor says boomhauer gives zero fucks about scoring

at this point all he needs to do to milk the last $40m from talkiebird is put up 8 wins with last-play losses (out of time) to barn, saban and pig

he just needs _one_ _moar_ _"next year"_ and he is good for a full buyout in 18 monts

the question now is will talkiebird be willing to siphon the auf payment to buy him out in 18 months

i so want to see sark v. ritz based on current trajectories

21 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Does not seem Coleman would have been scared off by Walker. Sounds more like good ole Jimbo lying.

4869-13448-0.jpg

Nothing gets past you. 

17 hours ago, linux said:

No depth and Petrino runs a 11. Last year they only used two WR on the field.

Who cares what Petrino runs? aggy’s going to be running Jimbo’s offense. 

On 5/12/2023 at 8:15 AM, closetojumping said:

Coleman heading elsewhere had nothing to do with NIL. These guys are total buffoons. They’re almost as moronic as their bumbling coaching staff. 

Is there a homeless problem in College Station? If so, there’s some relief coming in the form of an overload of bread. That roster isn’t going to be able to fit all of it on there. 

10 pounds of yeast in a 5 pound bag.

with 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter in miami, aggy down 13-9, aggy will recover a miami turnover
on first down aggy picks up 20 yards on a sideline out pattern to stop the clock, but petrino will instruct the offense to run tempo
as they sprint to the line of scrimmage, the dwarf and petrino will get in a fistfight on national television
it's coming
I pray to baby jeebus Petrino isn't banished to the booth with a one way headset. Seeing Bobby and the dwarf on the same sideline is must see TV imo.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:
9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:
with 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter in miami, aggy down 13-9, aggy will recover a miami turnover
on first down aggy picks up 20 yards on a sideline out pattern to stop the clock, but petrino will instruct the offense to run tempo
as they sprint to the line of scrimmage, the dwarf and petrino will get in a fistfight on national television
it's coming

I pray to baby jeebus Petrino isn't banished to the booth with a one way headset. Seeing Bobby and the dwarf on the same sideline is must see TV imo.

It would be like a Jerry Springer version of Saban and Kiffen.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Adidas always looks that way. And by “that way” I mean “like shit.”

Maybe adidas doesn’t do American football uniforms that well, but they do a pretty good job on the most iconic jersey in the entire world. 
IMG_1979.thumb.jpeg.de145ed12880839ba9a3c2d2e49be9d4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Maybe adidas doesn’t do American football uniforms that well, but they do a pretty good job on the most iconic jersey in the entire world. 
IMG_1979.thumb.jpeg.de145ed12880839ba9a3c2d2e49be9d4.jpeg

I was referring specifically to college football. It’s not surprising that a European company excels at the most popular sport in Europe. That being said, it probably helps the uniform that the colors on the Argentenian flag are fucking awesome. Pretty sure Adidas didn’t have much of a say in that, so maybe don’t gobble their whole dick on that account. Replace that blue with Maroon and the patches accordingly and let’s see how “iconic” that looks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Getafix said:

See whether you eagle-eyed sleuths can spot the overriding - or underlying - reason for thepassag's optimism.  Use the highlighted portions in green, as your subtle thematic guideposts.

image.thumb.png.fbc4d5d85d3738df3a6fe575a280867d.png

image.thumb.png.d8c7ce4b72f918ead47a9adc92f1f325.png

So basically, as long as they don’t lose to a Sun Belt team next year it’s a success? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

See whether you eagle-eyed sleuths can spot the overriding - or underlying - reason for thepassag's optimism.  Use the highlighted portions in green, as your subtle thematic guideposts.

image.thumb.png.fbc4d5d85d3738df3a6fe575a280867d.png

image.thumb.png.d8c7ce4b72f918ead47a9adc92f1f325.png

"Handicapped by the previous OC"

Uh... anyone gonna tell him? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread