Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Leon was a T.A. at Fish Camp. Unfortunately, by the time he got to Camp every year, it was already over.

Probably for the better, as an incoming freshman coed would probably have beaten him on a deep route in the flag football game.

• Haha 4

FvEMRmMWYAAELmj?format=jpg&name=medium

Or, and hear me out here, he can just kick his feet up and enjoy the rest of his guaranteed money since you shitheels guaranteed it to him. You have no bargaining power and to suggest that he owes you a championship or should leave is …….well it’s mighty aggy of you.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/1/2023 at 3:11 PM, Tex Pete said:

Leon was a T.A. at Fish Camp. Unfortunately, by the time he got to Camp every year, it was already over.

My aggy sister and brother-in-law had dinner and drinks one evening with leon and his family in the Cypress area before he headed off for training camp with the 49ers. They said he's actually a super nice guy and more humble and worldly than you'd expect, and he has a great sense of humor too. They said it was a really pleasant evening and some of the most fun they've had with fellow ags, except unfortunately, by the time leon could get the main course, which was fish, from the kitchen to the table, it had begun to smell.

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

My aggy sister and brother in law had dinner and drinks one evening with leon and his family in the Cypress area before he headed off for training camp with the 49ers. They said he's actually a super nice guy and more humble and worldly than you'd expect, and he has a great sense of humor too. They said it was a really pleasant evening and some of the most fun they've had with fellow ags, except unfortunately, by the time leon could get the main course, which was fish, from the kitchen to the table, it had begun to smell.

this started off like an A&M opposing fan letter posted at TexAgs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, NoName said:

this started off like an A&M opposing fan letter posted at TexAgs.

Or Aggie's version of Penthouse Forum.  "I never believed anything like this would happen to me.  My aggy sister and brother in law had dinner and drinks one evening with leon and his family in the Cypress area before he headed off for training camp with the 49ers..."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Daddy98 really lays the trap here.

It starts off so well.  Lulls us into wondering whether this is the new Daddy98 - all maturity and perspective.  Football isn't everything.  Right?  Right .... 

(Context -it's a thread about the Henry Ruggs DUI/death/vehicular manslaughter case.)

image.thumb.png.1b987dbcba1ac9940be5cf6805956274.png

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

"Those uppity Prairie View folks are in cahoots with tu to steal our PUF money!!!"

You guys don't think there is a parallel lobbying operation going in Austin along with these public antagonizing statements? Most likely rather than just accepting whatever budget appropriations are approved by the BoR, PVAM is likely hoping to leave the A&M system and antagonize the State (based on "equity" arguments) for a direct piece of the State University fund instead of settling for whatever the BoR gives them.

Regardless of how that Fund is appropriated historically, there is nothing that says it has to stay that way and given how spineless our political class is...I would expect them to cave to any race-based accusations and give PVAM a direct piece of Permanent University Fund.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

given how spineless our political class is...I would expect them to cave to any race-based accusations and give PVAM a direct piece of Permanent University Fund.

Yes, Texas is famed for its bend-over-backwards accommodation of non-whites. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In this case I read “Austin” as state government, not UT. 

is there public data on university systems in Texas and their money distributions?  How does pv compare to other aggy system schools, and how does it compare to UT system schools? Other systems?

I read an article recently about their president stepping down. I recall she was rather old and had an illustrious  career, but felt compelled to come back and help PVAM get sorted a bit before hanging it up.  Sharp apparently fucked her over near the end.  But long story short, they don’t get a lot (surprised face) from aggy iirc. It was all laid out in the article.  Also, fuck aggy. 

31 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FvTHAaHWAAALJyW?format=jpg&name=mediumFvTHA1AX0AE7G6c?format=jpg&name=mediumFvTHBSfWABcPqos?format=jpg&name=mediumFvTHBq-WAAwqL_d?format=jpg&name=mediumFvTHEf6XgAA585i?format=jpg&name=mediumFvTHFBzWcAAgAgH?format=jpg&name=medium

It's funny to me, if I am remembering correctly that they think "ConfidentAg" is some sort of insider. I can tell you definitively that Murphy did not get a first NIL deal and certainly didn't get a second one in order to stay. Just pure ignorance on their end, and they'll undoubtedly make it mantra.

• Hook 'Em 5

The part from Looch about being undefeated when they play Bama' is the same stuff he was spewing about this time last year.  Then App State happened.  

So if they lose to Auburn it's going to be a bad season?  Count me in on that happening then.  Freeze will school Dumbo and that Durkin defense.  He's loaded up with some legit guys from the portal, and got the Michigan State QB today.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So how close is Tarp to walking away from GigEm247? Does he have a piece of the site? Would 247 hire him as a national analyst? 

He strikes me as a marginally intelligent guy awash in aggy echo chamber insanity. I don’t know if he can do better, but he should try. 

He’s definitely more “football smart” than most on that site.  But the few aggys I know that are have the rare ability to objectively view their team.   Very rare possession. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It's funny to me, if I am remembering correctly that they think "ConfidentAg" is some sort of insider. I can tell you definitively that Murphy did not get a first NIL deal and certainly didn't get a second one in order to stay. Just pure ignorance on their end, and they'll undoubtedly make it mantra.

multiple 'brand' sites are reporting something something maalik something nil something

for avoidance of doubt, are you saying that prior to the spring camp he did not have an NIL package, i.e. a "first" deal, he didn't get a 2nd deal because there would have had to have been a first deal, but he did get a deal, which is his first deal, and it might or might not have been "to keep him here"......  do i have that right?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

multiple 'brand' sites are reporting something something maalik something nil something

for avoidance of doubt, are you saying that prior to the spring camp he did not have an NIL package, i.e. a "first" deal, he didn't get a 2nd deal because there would have had to have been a first deal, but he did get a deal, which is his first deal, and it might or might not have been "to keep him here"......  do i have that right?

He doesn't have any NIL deals with Texas One fund currently. Neither CTJ nor I have signed a contract with Maalik Murphy. He may have some corporate stuff or something but nothing from TOF

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

He doesn't have any NIL deals with Texas One fund currently. Neither CTJ nor I have signed a contract with Maalik Murphy. He may have some corporate stuff or something but nothing from TOF

By Aggies' understanding of NIL, you've just revealed yourself to be bag man for our cheating NIL program.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread