Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

My favorite part is how they’ve “accomplished things” in recent memory (Covid Orange bowl), but have completely forgotten about a Sugar bowl where UT proved they could do something aggy cant, in beating UGA.  What, the year prior?  Also, they really, really living off last years baseball.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Also, they really, really living off last years baseball.  

That and SECSECSEC. They've had 12 years of iron sharpening iron and the week end week out dismal grind of SEC football. And they have the SEC patch which makes them really good because the SEC is so good. 

It will take decades for teams not as tough or accomplished as Texas A&M University to reach A&M's heights in the SEC! 

That one jagoff used another arbitrary Aggie time span, his life time, to declare Texas as having accomplished next to nothing other than one measley national championship that we lucked into. In those 50 years, Texas could have won MNCs after undefeated regular seasons in 1977 and 1984. We were in two national championship games in the 90s and won one. Arguably, our 98 team, which played a harder schedule than A&M has ever known (including shellacking their sorry asses), should have gone to the championship game and likely was the best team in the country.

They have the Covid year where their name was discussed for the four team playoff. That's fucking it. There hasn't been a single bowl season where they, even with some wild luck, had any chance at a top finish. 

I hate that OU has found ways to win the conference even in years when we've beaten them. I'm not satisfied with our performance in many aspects. But those ignorant buttwads are little more than a shit skid in comparison.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I guess the concept that aggy having half its team transfer results in 0 depth is a bit ... out of their depth ? 

It's a constant chorus of "we're loaded with talent" based on their recruiting rankings without a single acknowledgement that replacing quality back-ups who streamed out of CS with spares from poor teams just might have some impact on their chance.

Actions have consequences.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

My favorite part is how they’ve “accomplished things” in recent memory (Covid Orange bowl), but have completely forgotten about a Sugar bowl where UT proved they could do something aggy cant, in beating UGA.  What, the year prior?  Also, they really, really living off last years baseball.  

It's really amazing the disconnect from reality Texags has.

Aggy isn't in the same Universe as Texas when it comes to baseball...or really anything for that matter.

In the history of forever, we have as many titles as they have appearances. 😆

55 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

I love that they lecture us about winning Big12 championships...but I really love that they think they have any fucking clue what it takes to win the SEC... lol

They barely had an idea of what it took to win the Big 12, they left as the 4th or 5th best program in the league.

• Hook 'Em 1

Best I can understand, them moving to the sec, by virtue of being in the sec, made their recruiting better in all sports.  And it took a while for that improvement to manifest, even though their beat non Covid football year was sec year 1. 

but Texas will get no such bump from making the same change and will just be further from the top of the new league. Because that’s what they want to happen. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Aggy isn't in the same Universe as Texas when it comes to baseball...or really anything for that matter.

Sounds like someone who missed last year.  I mean, Auggie was ancient history.  I don’t even think those wins/title/appearances even count anymore. 

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

aggy is somewhat right in the Texas DL hasn't gotten the level of talent that they have gotten, but we dominate their recruiting in every other position and since you can't play 22 DTs, I would take a more balanced team to compete in the SEC than a one-dimensional defensive team.

Aggy gave up what, 200+ yards rushing a game last year?  That DL was trash.

I notice they didn't say a word about OL.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy gave up what, 200+ yards rushing a game last year?  That DL was trash.

I notice they didn't say a word about OL.

Just because they performed poorly as freshmen in limited snaps doesn't mean we wouldn't take 2+ of their recent DL signees.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Don't forget they said they were excellent in Swimming and Diving in one of the posts as a comparison of where they may be better.

https://www.cscaa.org/top25

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's a constant chorus of "we're loaded with talent" based on their recruiting rankings without a single acknowledgement that replacing quality back-ups who streamed out of CS with spares from poor teams just might have some impact on their chance.

Actions have consequences.

Are the D-2 spares they picked up one year players?  I am trying to understand if they are just roster filler/practice fodder for 2023 and won't occupy scholarships for multiple seasons.  If so, and it just gets them a full roster without hurting their roster in future, it really is not that bad.

If they are keeping those scrubs for more than 6 months, it is really bad.

9 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Are the D-2 spares they picked up one year players?  I am trying to understand if they are just roster filler/practice fodder for 2023 and won't occupy scholarships for multiple seasons.  If so, and it just gets them a full roster without hurting their roster in future, it really is not that bad.

If they are keeping those scrubs for more than 6 months, it is really bad.

• Jaylen Henderson (Fresno St QB) has 3 years of eligibility remaining
  • Jahdae Walker (GVSU, D2) has 2 years of eligibility remaining.
  • Jurriente Davis (LB, Jackson St) has 2 years of eligibility remaining.

the OT from BC and the RB from Colorado State both have 1 year left. i think the FB/RB from Rice has 2 years of eligibility?

Aidan Siano (Rice, LB) has 2 years of eligibility but he may be a PWO? they brought in an OL transfer from Richmond (Derek Ferrao) but he may be a PWO? they brought in another RB from North Texas who is a PWO and has like 3 or 4 years of eligibility?

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's a constant chorus of "we're loaded with talent" based on their recruiting rankings

Of course those same rankings they love to covet are only good when they apply to aggy recruits, every other fanbase's recruits are over ranked.

13 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Sounds like someone who missed last year.  I mean, Auggie was ancient history.  I don’t even think those wins/title/appearances even count anymore. 

Texags will determine the "modern era" of every sport. Baseball's started last year. Softball and basketball (W & M) will start soon.

The modern era of football began right after A&M went about 5-25 against the Longhorns because excuses.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:
  • Jaylen Henderson (Fresno St QB) has 3 years of eligibility remaining
  • Jahdae Walker (GVSU, D2) has 2 years of eligibility remaining.
  • Jurriente Davis (LB, Jackson St) has 2 years of eligibility remaining.

the OT from BC and the RB from Colorado State both have 1 year left. i think the FB/RB from Rice has 2 years of eligibility?

Aidan Siano (Rice, LB) has 2 years of eligibility but he may be a PWO? they brought in an OL transfer from Richmond (Derek Ferrao) but he may be a PWO? they brought in another RB from North Texas who is a PWO and has like 3 or 4 years of eligibility?

Ouch

The Richmond guy is a PWO, but why wouldn't they get scholarships if a dozen or so are available when the season begins? They'd be provisional, but you'd have to think this possibility arose during their recruitment. And , if that's the case, what's the difference between PWOs and other portal guys?

The Richmond player was likely started as a PWO so that JImbo wouldn't have to face the embarrassment of offering a scholarship up front. It's seemingly that bad in College Station.

17 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

…We were in two national championship games in the 90s and won one. Arguably, our 98 team, which played a harder schedule than A&M has ever known (including shellacking their sorry asses), should have gone to the championship game and likely was the best team in the country.

They have the Covid year where their name was discussed for the four team playoff. That's fucking it. There hasn't been a single bowl season where they, even with some wild luck, had any chance at a top finish. 

I hate that OU has found ways to win the conference even in years when we've beaten them. I'm not satisfied with our performance in many aspects. But those ignorant buttwads are little more than a shit skid in comparison.

You know how I know that you are old?

You make mistakes with your years and are off by decades, not just a year or two. 

For an entire paragraph you had the wrong decade, but you had the correct final digit in the year. You said “98”, Ricky Williams’ Heisman year, when Major Applewhite & Ricky Williams did so well in garbage time against UCLA in the Rose Bowl (after my roommate and I left the game at the end of the 3rd quarter), that we lost by “not an embarrassing amount”.

You were talking about “08”. And we didn’t play for any national championships in “the 90s”.

Q: You know how I know you’re old?

A: Because I make that same mistake all the fucking time!

🤘

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You make mistakes with your years and are off by decades, not just a year or two. 

For an entire paragraph you had the wrong decade, but you had the correct final digit in the year. You said “98”, Ricky Williams’ Heisman year, when Major Applewhite & Ricky Williams did so well in garbage time against UCLA in the Rose Bowl (after my roommate and I left the game at the end of the 3rd quarter), that we lost by “not an embarrassing amount”.

You were talking about “08”. And we didn’t play for any national championships in “the 90s”.

🤘

I'll be honest, I read his post and thought "what in the fuck is he talking about? i don't remember any of that. that 98 team was fun, but the KSU blowout caused us to not be nationally relevant at all. weird." Your reasoning makes sense for what he meant though.

48 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

🤘

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'll be honest, I read his post and thought "what in the fuck is he talking about? i don't remember any of that. that 98 team was fun, but the KSU blowout caused us to not be nationally relevant at all. weird." Your reasoning makes sense for what he meant though.

Yeah. That was pretty bad. Napoleon is correct. Back in the last century, we didn't have new-fangled new centuries like you see today.

I'm also old enough to remember people saying, some sincerely, "You may not know what I mean, but I know what I mean."

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I feel like Ross Bjork paid the writer at ON3 to include his name in the list. How can that dude credibly be on the shortlist. What has he accomplished? 

Also, you guys have it all wrong. If Bjork was hired, the aTm community would simply point out to the world that it's proof he was a great AD, and that's why CDC's name isn't even on the short list...because he sucks. And it will be accepted as fact and they'll move on to the next fallacy they will ingrain as truth. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I feel like Ross Bjork paid the writer at ON3 to include his name in the list. How can that dude credibly be on the shortlist. What has he accomplished? 

Also, you guys have it all wrong. If Bjork was hired, the aTm community would simply point out to the world that it's proof he was a great AD, and that's why CDC's name isn't even on the short list...because he sucks. And it will be accepted as fact and they'll move on to the next fallacy they will ingrain as truth. 

Did you not see Jimbo's national championship trophy?  

• Haha 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

The comedy might never end for us if USC hires Bjork. Both athletic departments, USC's and ATM's, would get worse overnight. Bjork hasn't done shit and he's saddled to that albatross of a deal with Fisher. If he's able to squirm his way out of that and land at USC, he'll not be anywhere close to the AD that Bohn was (racism and sexual harrassment for Bohn notwithstanding). Texas A&M would then be behind the 8 ball of having to hire someone who will have to deal with Fisher's contract. They'd have to pay through the nose to get someone solid or take major risks on the hire.

• Hook 'Em 8

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

🤘

I’m old and noticed that decade error. 
I don’t make the same mistake myself, but occasionally forget why I walk into a room.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Retooling the OL, we are returning almost every player that took snaps including the starting 5.

I had the same thought but then remembered that posters on TexAgs aren't fettered by facts or logic. Trying to make sense of the shit they say is like trying to play chess with a pigeon. 

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread