Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

On 5/28/2023 at 8:07 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

They love to pencil in Miss State as a W' every offseason.

Screenshot_20230528_200615_Chrome.jpg

as a brief reminder, since A&M joined the SEC, they have gone 5-7 vs MSU and 3-2 in the last 5.

Zach Arnett isn't some trash hire either btw.

image.png.4b0ea44a7219a806e63745839580005b.png

We can't even see half of that cap and A&M outdoes themselves by getting their name (our brand!) on it 3 maybe 4 times. It's more flair than the back of a maroon Ford 450 pickup sporting truck nuts on the trailer hitch pulling in and taking two employee parking spaces at the local All State office.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

as a brief reminder, since A&M joined the SEC, they have gone 5-7 vs MSU and 3-2 in the last 5.

Zach Arnett isn't some trash hire either btw.

I've noticed A$M  speaks down on the Mississippi schools a lot for a couple of teams they don't consistently beat, they are mid tier together from the record standings 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I've noticed A$M  speaks down on the Mississippi schools a lot for a couple of teams they don't consistently beat, they are mid tier together from the record standings 

A&M has a 200% problem,  not a 2% problem.  They think they are twice as good as any fact set, history review, or prospective analysis would suggest.  If they are even with Miss State,  then they think they are twice as good.  They look at our history, position, outlook and think "yeah, that's us,  but we do it the right way"    

image.jpeg.71e70a4a2177354006e3a4656fbb0c18.jpeg

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.4b0ea44a7219a806e63745839580005b.png

We can't even see half of that cap and A&M outdoes themselves by getting their name (our brand!) on it 3 maybe 4 times. It's more flair than the back of a maroon Ford 450 pickup sporting truck nuts on the trailer hitch pulling in and taking two employee parking spaces at the local All State office.

Your 1 actually says CHAMPS

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, most Texas fans I've spoken with favor a 9 game SEC schedule, AND keeping marquee non-conference games on our schedule, not D2 trash. 

Which means of course those pussies are all about an 8 game schedule, particularly if they think it can help them duck us, even as they bemoan the loss of traditional rivalries. They're going to be pissed when we end up playing them every year regardless.

Seriously, with an expanded playoff, it won't even matter if you're a 2 loss team anymore. You'll still have a shot if it was good losses. They're all just massive pussies. 

They should want 9 games as well.  Odds will be better on losing to a SEC opponent vs those OOC juggernauts like App State. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Going to be hilarious when aggy is stuck with  Missouri  as their permanent "rival" because LSU-Arkansas is a longer rivalry.

Under the 1 rival rule it would likely shake out like this

UT-OU

Bama-Auburn

Florida-Georgia

Ole Miss-Mississippi State

Tennessee-Vanderbilt

South Carolina-Kentucky

LSU-Arkansas

aggy-Missouri

That's probably better for their long term record, but they won't see it that way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

One of the great examples of Aggie double think:

image.png.61f4d45ebffdf7678d0b03f8a40e7ba5.png

Us going to the SEC has nothing to do with tu! It's a move we made for our own future. We don't care about tu whom we can only refer to as tu because it shows how much we don't care about them!

So which is it, Ace?

Ahh, Irony-deafness isn't funny:

image.png.e719cd37e2356e56337ed07a14e774cf.png

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Which means of course those pussies are all about an 8 game schedule, particularly if they think it can help them duck us, even as they bemoan the loss of traditional rivalries. They're going to be pissed when we end up playing them every year regardless.

Seriously, with an expanded playoff, it won't even matter if you're a 2 loss team anymore. You'll still have a shot if it was good losses. They're all just massive pussies. 

To quote LB12Diamond AgTag:

image.png.9f7fd6ea82738992fd1dc1a3cd6f9eac.png

FxO_c6SWYAIU_DA?format=jpg&name=medium

This absolutely kills me. They called themselves the perceived favorite for Drelon Miller, yet he doesn't schedule an OV to them. Perceived by who? Literally nobody but aggy wishcasting beat writers were writing about aggy leading that recruitment. They somehow conflate that because they desperately need a guy they automagically lead for him. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

This absolutely kills me. They called themselves the perceived favorite for Drelon Miller, yet he doesn't schedule an OV to them. Perceived by who? Literally nobody but aggy wishcasting beat writers were writing about aggy leading that recruitment. They somehow conflate that because they desperately need a guy they automagically lead for him. 

And that’s why they do their crystal balls or whatever each service calls them. Then refer to the 100% aggy predictions as evidence. 

What does USCw mean? Is it meant to mean USC West?

3 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

Yeah, not the University of South Carolina. It's meant to double down the SECSECSEC being the default even though USC is ALWAYS Southern California on first reference.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

I think its supposed to be some kind of dig, that you have to specify whether you are talking about USC or South Carolina.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

aggy's cheating help destroy the SWC, aggy leaving the Big 12 helped destroy that conference. Tell me again how it is always Texas.

But LHN!!  Aggy would have told eSIPn hell no to 300 million dollars for the betterment of the B12!!!1!!1

!!

The entire league voted for TV appearance-based percentages. It was only when Nebraska became a crap program and starting losing TV revenue as the result; did they start bitching about it. 

It's interesting that none of those 4 teams has had any kind of consistent success since leaving the Big 12, while TCU has gone to the playoffs.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NoName said:

just your normal, monthly reminder that those rubes complain about it but voted for Texas and OU to join.

image.png.95ad58ee681209b421f5eb38fc347158.png

Why do they care so much about baseball? The precedent of moving a SEC Tournament is all I can come up. I’m sure the next tinfoil hat conspiracy is we want to move the SEC Title Game from Atlanta to Jerryworld.

And if we were doing that, why would they care? It benefits them as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I mean, don't forget that we offered to make it the Texas Network and let A&M into the deal.  

AND they didn't have the money, SO UT offered to cover up front costs AND aggy still declined and ran away. So FUCK aggy an their whining, crying bunch of bullshit. 

Go App State!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Why do they care so much about baseball? The precedent of moving a SEC Tournament is all I can come up. I’m sure the next tinfoil hat conspiracy is we want to move the SEC Title Game from Atlanta to Jerryworld.

And if we were doing that, why would they care? It benefits them as well. 

Because of optics. Any changes to existing SEC protocol would suggest Texas influence. Something they don’t have.

And they’d likely be correct.

Edited by Wishbone

6 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

AND they didn't have the money, SO UT offered to cover up front costs AND aggy still declined and ran away. So FUCK aggy an their whining, crying bunch of bullshit. 

Go App State!

aggy didn't reject the Lone Star Network because they didn't have the money for start up.  They rejected it because every single partner it was pitched to said that they wanted to air much more Longhorn content than aggy content because Texas was far more valuable to them.  Just like when Nike told them the same thing, they got pissed and walked away assuming it would kill any chance for Texas to have a network.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread