2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Nah it’s still all gas no brakes, but Bama’s ride has 700 horsepower while ours is a Honda Civic. Good news is, a Civic can still go pretty fast if you’re all gas no brakes 

Honda civics can also go fast if one knows how to tune them....

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Friday and Saturday will be a mock of next Friday and Saturday, right on down to staying in a hotel on Friday night and mocking the game on Saturday.

Have any other of our coaching staffs done this before opening weekend or is this a new level of attention to detail?

21 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Have any other of our coaching staffs done this before opening weekend or is this a new level of attention to detail?

I think it’s fairly common amongst larger athletic programs. Coaches use it to get their teams in the flow/routine of the season and how things will operate. 

On 8/10/2021 at 5:01 PM, LTtxfan said:

Catalon is a helluva safety for Arky.

Like some on here have already stated, Arky on the road will not necessarily be a push over for this TEXAS team.   Watched several of the Arky games last year -- their defense was really good early in 2020 at home.  They struggled late in most games due to depth issues, COVID-19 protocols, and had a few late season key injuries along with a terrible targeting suspension that hurt them at the end of the LSU game.   

Jalen Catalon (Arkansas) named AP Preseason All-American

By CURTIS WILKERSON 32 minutes ago

The country is taking notice of Arkansas redshirt sophomore Jalen Catalon. On Monday, the heavy-hitting Razorback safety was named a preseason second-team All-American by The Associated Press.

It's the latest of a long list of early accolades for the Mansfield (Texas) native, who was also named to the preseason All-SEC second team and included on the preseason watch lists for prestigious honors such as the Chuck Bednarik Award, Jim Thorpe Award and the Bronko Nagurski Trophy.

Last season, Catalon logged 99 total tackles, 2.0 for loss, three interceptions, four pass breakups, two forced fumbles and one recovery in his first year as a full-time starter for the Razorbacks. His 9.9 tackles per game tied for the FBS freshmen lead and was fourth among all SEC defensive players.

He was the team leader in solo tackles with 51, tied for the most interceptions and ranked third in total tackles behind linebackers Grant Morgan and Bumper Pool. Catalon became the first SEC freshman since Tennessee's Eric Berry in 2007 to post at least 86 tackles and three picks in a season.

For his efforts, Catalon earned a list of postseason honors that included All-SEC First Team by the AP, All-SEC Second Team by the coaches, Phil Steele Third-Team All-American, FWAA Freshman All-American and Jim Thorpe Award Semifinalist. He was also named SEC Defensive Player of the Week and Jim Thorpe Award Player of the Week following Arkansas' 24-13 victory over Tennessee, in which he recorded 12 tackles, an interception and a pass breakup.

In his first career start against Georgia on September 26, Catalon forced a fumble and finished with nine tackles. Other notable performances include 13 tackles in an Arkansas' win at Mississippi State, 14 tackles on the road at Auburn and a stat-stuffing effort in a win over Ole Miss where he recorded a pick-six, forced a fumble and finished with nine tackles on the night. Catalon's five games of 12 or more tackles ranked second nationally behind Morgan.

Catalon is the headliner for a deep secondary for the Razorbacks under second-year defensive coordinator Barry Odom. Arkansas, who finished 3-7 last season, will kickoff the 2021 campaign on Saturday, September 4 when they host former Southwest Conference foe Rice with kickoff set for 1 p.m. CDT from Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville (Ark.).

On 8/16/2021 at 2:06 PM, texifornia said:

Hitting on Barryn Sorrell after he came in from Louisiana with about as little hype as is possible for a recruit would be a fun Malcolm Roach 2.0 situation.

I just went back and looked at his recruiting thread (a whopping 23 posts), so yeah, we didn’t react too strongly to his commitment, but also looking at his tape, he’s a bad ass. He fucks the other guy up. We got a baby face killa. 

I’m also intrigued by the Brooks notices. I think he made a big leap from HS junior year to senior, and is now in an incredible environment to learn. It’s great to have such a stocked RB room, especially after what happened in ‘19. Oddly enough, I think that situation may have helped Rochon discover his true calling.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It was believable until the part at the end about “hundred people are in charge at Texas”. Anytime someone throws that in it automatically screams uniformed asshole opposing fan.

Fan Fiction is best Fiction. 

Guess what it was like at bama when Mike Shula, Mike DuBose, and Dennis Franchione were coaching bama? Nick made them forget, but let’s not pretend it was 1 dude back then too. Those mouth breathing leptons were getting nothing but shit sandwiches from conference mates and their boosters were going out of their way to get the ship back on course. I mean, Franchione left that shithole for college station. If that doesn’t tell you how bad they were, I don’t know what to tell you. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Guess what it was like at bama when Mike Shula, Mike DuBose, and Dennis Franchione were coaching bama? Nick made them forget, but let’s not pretend it was 1 dude back then too. Those mouth breathing leptons were getting nothing but shit sandwiches from conference mates and their boosters were going out of their way to get the ship back on course. I mean, Franchione left that shithole for college station. If that doesn’t tell you how bad they were, I don’t know what to tell you. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Posted on the Arkansas thread, but Arky's best player, Traylon Burks, is supposedly out 2-3 weeks.  Could be a chance he doesn't play against us.

Per a random 247 poster. Pittman says he should be ready for Rice. I suppose we’ll see 

2 hours ago, Droopy said:

I don't know what a lepton is.  But I feel like I should look it up.  Because you use your mouth prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Droopy said:

Also, Gene Stallings was friends with my late granddad.  I have spent a lot of time at our hunting ranch around him back in the late 90s and early 00s.  So you would think his mind would still be relatively sharp as he was probably mid 60s.  He is one of the dumbest motherfuckers I've ever been around, and it was obvious to me as a kid in my very early 20s.  No idea how he lucked into a title.  He must have been Ed O with good assistants.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don't know what a lepton is.  But I feel like I should look it up.  Because you use your mouth prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

It's from a movie called, "Little Man Tate", which was also fiction. The definition in the context I was using it was, "Someone who is being rude, offensive, or insulting to you."

• Hook 'Em 1