How excited are you about the SEC move?

TexArcher

How excited are you about the SEC move?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. How excited are you about the SEC move?

• Bart Scott-level Can't Wait. Let's fucking go.
    • I like it, but I have some reservations.
    • Neutral. Meh. Whatever.
    • I don't like it. I would've preferred ____________.

I like it, but I have some reservations.  I'm literally dreading hearing the S-E-C chant in DKR.  I don't like the Deep South in general and aggy specifically.  I do think the move will be good for us in the long run, and maybe quickly.  But they're gonna HATE us.  I picture us hating to lose to anyone in the SEC the same way we hate to lose to aggy, just because they won't shut the fuck up about it for a full year.  So, we'd better win, a lot.

I am looking forward to immediately taking over that conference in basketball and baseball.  And a lot of those schools really care about baseball, so those rivalries could become very good.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

There’s going to be some big time games. I think we are up to the challenge. Pig and aggy back, keep OU almost certainly in Dallas, everyone makes double money and win or lose we as fans get a very solid line up of games for the next 15 years or so at least.

fuck it man, even if we lose on the field we win in the long run.  

2 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Thought we already had one of these?...

I'll be frank, it's the association with a bunch of fucking rednecks that has me not feeling this. The rest I get but god damn... we'll be surrounded by fucking rednecks. 

Meh, we kinda already were

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

EABOD and DIAF

it would be nice if it was for 10-20 years, and then we could rotate through other conferences. But if you have to pick just 1.

I wonder if we're looking at two massive conferences in 10-20 years like the pro sports.  I don't think it's impossible.

From a strictly baseball point of view I would have preferred the pac X as well.  I also live in the PNW.  Having said that the SEC makes total $en$e.

I look forward to adding the new blood into conference play and having some mix and rotation from year to year in baseball.

The only downside is that instead of going west for opponents, we can now add baylor and the other big XII schools to the non conference baseball schedule. 

No brainer, but still shocked we did it. Playing even the dregs of the SEC is better than the Big 12 line up. Iowa State is the 2nd best team in our current conference. Fucking Iowa State. 

We traded a whole bunch of who cares match ups for a future rotation of LSU, Arkansas, Georgia, Auburn, Bammer, UF and Tennessee (oh yeah and aggy). That's better than any other conference and it isn't even close.

Of course I'm also happy that I can make a ton of away games with less than a 5 hour drive from where I live.

• Hook 'Em 3

I absolutely love it.  My whole family went to SEC schools other than my parents.  I would have liked to have gone to Auburn, Ole Miss, Tuscaloosa, BR, ect for away games instead of Lubbock, Waco, and Fort Worth when I was in college.  I spent the past weekend down in Florida and talked with a bunch of Bama and Ole Miss fans.  They seemed to all be as excited as I was which surprised me.   

• Hook 'Em 4

I really wish we could have dumped some dead weight from the Big12 and attracted a few big names away from other conferences, but you know what they say about wishing in one hand, shitting in the other..

There is no conference thats a 100% perfect fit for us...I think the Pac would have been the best cultural fit, but the geography with 2 timezones between is the 800 lb gorilla in the room that has always been the holdup on that thing happening. Even though the Big10 is the next best cultural fit and the geography isnt a huge issue, my excitement level at joining those arrogant douchebags is quite low. So the SEC it is, and like it or not it's regarded as the premier CFB conference thanks to the sheer number of recent national champions.

Oh, and ou will always suck, and fuck aggy...was hoping to never play them again unless it was a bowl they couldnt dodge without declining the offer altogether.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I like it, but I have some reservations.  I'm literally dreading hearing the S-E-C chant in DKR.  I don't like the Deep South in general and aggy specifically.  I do think the move will be good for us in the long run, and maybe quickly.  But they're gonna HATE us.  I picture us hating to lose to anyone in the SEC the same way we hate to lose to aggy, just because they won't shut the fuck up about it for a full year.  So, we'd better win, a lot.

I am looking forward to immediately taking over that conference in basketball and baseball.  And a lot of those schools really care about baseball, so those rivalries could become very good.

Only time S-E-C happens at DKR is if they lose. No one is going to chant S-E-C, because it's up to you to not let them. Immediately start Texas Fight if someone starts. 

• Hook 'Em 8

I don't like it but what I would want is so far down the road now it is pretty much a lost cause, I vastly preferred the old regional conferences. I am not looking forward to our remaining time in the Big 12 no matter how long that is.

But I have prepared myself emotionally for this for years since if you have paid any attention to what OU has been saying them going to the SEC was bound to happen eventually and we had no choice but to go with them. So hey it was going to happen and here we are.

But I guess if we were going to end up in one of these super conferences, glad we are in it with schools I hate as much as OU, piggy, and A&M.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Living in SEC country I never thought I’d see this happen. I found myself always having debates with these Georgia fans while they shit talked the Horns every week. I’m still not chanting that SEC bullshit whenever we play an out of conference team. When we get scheduled @ Georgia it’s a must to go to that game. Now hopefully we’ve found the right coach to make us relevant again after suffering for 10 years

Edited by JohnnyTapia
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Only time S-E-C happens at DKR is if they lose. No one is going to chant S-E-C, because it's up to you to not let them. Immediately start Texas Fight if someone starts. 

I hope you're right, and I'll do my part.  But we can't even get the younger generations to hold their Hook'em until the end of The Eyes.  They'll be chanting S-E-C immediately, I'm afraid.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ecstatic about the move. Texas belongs in a conference that is passionate about football. This should greatly benefit benefit recruiting, along with NIL. Also, it was an added bonus to see aggy cucks lose their minds.

As far as locations, I don’t really care for CS, Louisiana, or Mississippi, but I’m looking forward to games in places like Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and SC.

I like it but have reservations based on how the last 10 years of Texas football have gone. We could very well be what we all thought aggy was going to become when they left for the SEC. This could put us permanently behind for a decent amount of years as we navigate the new waters. All that said, the Big 12 at 10 teams was never going to benefit us in the long run. We at least can start plugging the holes in recruiting by having an answer to playing in the SEC while in the state of Texas. Now we just need Sark to pay off. The problem is we're now onto coach #3. That's Tennessee territory and we're not even in the SEC yet. But f it. Sink or swim. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Hot Take. I think moving to the SEC is the only way that Texas could become a title contender in again. My reasoning being the SEC is pretty damn open about winning football games and making money are the goal and everything else is just bullshit. I have always felt that Texas suffers from it's own form of Michigan Man syndrome and a move to the Pac-12 or B1G would exacerbate those issues. If Texas underperforms in the SEC then that mean ass beatings from Pig, Aggy, LSU and OU and that's going really get fans and donors to shake the AD tree to fix shit.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Thought we already had one of these?...

I'll be frank, it's the association with a bunch of fucking rednecks that has me not feeling this. The rest I get but god damn... we'll be surrounded by fucking rednecks. 

Because Baylor, OSU, KSU and Tech are a much classier group

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’m pumped for it from a football standpoint.  I was at Texas during the VY and Colt years and experienced some of the best football you can dream of as a student and fan.  The last 10 years and specifically the last 5-6 have just made apathetic towards it.  I think it’s a combination of what this shitty conference has turned into and not being competitive in it.  I think one small part that has led to this is outside of ou, it’s hard to get up for these teams as fans and I bet the players feel the same way innately.  Look at our performances vs 2019 LSU, 2019 UGA, and some damn good ou teams.  We’ve held our own and even smacked them around.  I know the talent this program has and I truly believe we will see our full potential in the SEC.  Those fuckers disrespect us because we haven’t been at the top in the Big 12… yet we’ve beaten them more than not outside of LSU.  We curbstomped Ole Miss in 2012, put a whooping on UGA, should have beaten 2019 LSU if it wasn’t for Todd Orlando, and put a whooping on Mizzou.  Outside of Bama and 2019 LSU, those other fucks have accomplished jack shit and I’m ready for us to run train on them.  Outside of Bama, we’ve got plenty of talent to hang with LSU, UGA, and UF.  I’d take our current coaching staff over theirs even today when we face them.  And aggy isn’t going to be able hide behind FCS schools and easy wins in the SEC.  That has been a .500 program the last 8 years in the SEC and they have one 10 win season during a Covid year where they didn’t even have to face their full schedule.  Texas and ou are about to make them our bitch again and they know it.  So yes, I’m pumped to be playing during prime time against some passionate fanbases that like to talk some shit.

With that said, I’m also dreading to be associated with the redneck inbreds that they are.  It’s going to be like facing and interacting with 10 different aggys a year outside of Vandy and Mizzou.  So fuck them is what I’m saying…

• Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

As far as locations, I don’t really care for CS, Louisiana, or Mississippi, but I’m looking forward to games in places like Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and SC.

You’re looking forward to a game day experience in Lexington or Cola more than Death Valley or the Grove?

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

There’s going to be some big time games. I think we are up to the challenge. Pig and aggy back, keep OU almost certainly in Dallas, everyone makes double money and win or lose we as fans get a very solid line up of games for the next 15 years or so at least.

fuck it man, even if we lose on the field we win in the long run.  

Did the administration write that last sentence for you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

I absolutely love it.  My whole family went to SEC schools other than my parents.  I would have liked to have gone to Auburn, Ole Miss, Tuscaloosa, BR, ect for away games instead of Lubbock, Waco, and Fort Worth when I was in college.  I spent the past weekend down in Florida and talked with a bunch of Bama and Ole Miss fans.  They seemed to all be as excited as I was which surprised me.   

I have a ton of Auburn and Gator friends and they are all pumped. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

There’s nothing more obnoxious than a winning fanbase, regardless of rednecks. And they have dominated CFB for 15 years, winning 11 of 15 titles, with 4 schools winning a title, 3 schools winning at least 2, and a 5th that should have won 1. 

It doesn’t matter where these winners are. USC was totally obnoxious. Miami was. Ohio St is. Patriots fans are. 

Texas fans talking about not wanting to associate with Southern schools/fans are just as irritating as Aggies’ obsession with us. 

Never thought I’d agree with Rex, but all of this. We’re obnoxious as fuck win or lose; can you imagine us on an Alabama-type roll?

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

The Big 12 has been a sinking ship for some time. I expect Texas to dominate Basketball in the SEC under Beard and there will be a lot of good baseball games because the SEC is clearly a much better conference baseball wise. I hope Sark is the guy because goofs like Herman and Strong couldn't even consistently hang with the mid tier teams of the Big 12. Going 3-7 vs Okie St last decade and 3-7 vs TCU in the last 10 games played was embarrassing, not to mention Texas is on it's first losing streak to ISU, ever.

1 hour ago, TexasIsBetter said:

Because Baylor, OSU, KSU and Tech are a much classier group

1. Fuck outta here grouping Poke in this list. They're (for the most part) an awesome fan base. 

2. No clue on KSU and I'm indifferent towards Tech, but yeah, fuck baylor. And they're not even rednecks, they're southern baptists-- arguably worse (no cr.)

Hell, i am all for it.  My brother is an LSU grad and has given me crap for years about BIg12. NOT SEC SEC SEC.

Looking forward to games against LSU, FLorida, Bama, Georgia, Auburn.  How can that not excite you, win or lose.  We have to step up our recruitng to consistently stay at the top and maybe, just maybe, this will help some of those Texas 4 and 5 stars stay home at Texas.

As far as rednecks, between OU and a couple of other teams in texas, we have been knee deep in rednecks for years.  Of course I am a redneck from Louisiana, but spent the last 30 years in Austin and San Antonio.  My son is a UT graduate.  Hookem.spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

You’re looking forward to a game day experience in Lexington or Cola more than Death Valley or the Grove?

Oh I’m sure the game day atmosphere in Death Valley is something to experience. I’m talking about places to visit, going beyond the stadium or campus.