Trump Reinstatement Day Thread (no politics! only news, happenings, memes, shenanigans, ins and outs, and what have yous)

Beau Vine

Dude, this is not DT news worthy.  Sitting U.S. Presidents get removed from office, and replaced by their predecessor/defeated campaign opponent all the fucking time.

You're just trolling.  This kinda shit happens almost every August.  Have you noticed how little fanfare there is about this nationwide?  It's because it's barely news.  The "Field of Dreams" baseball game is getting more coverage.  

Having said that, the mypillow.com guy should probably have some friends pay him a well check visit around 12:01pm-EDT.  If anybody has any crack, we could probably sell him a few vials for a million bucks later today, and he'd pay it to escape from reality.  

Edited by Lobo

Quick question here.  My neighbor is very trump.  I was telling him that I was going to move in a few years.  He tells me in a very stealhy way.   "don't make any big decisions for he next year or two"   I looked at him funny like why?  And he responds with "I'm just saying, don't make any big decisions and Ill leave it at that"  What's the chatter?

• Like 1

I would think it would follow traditional inaugural protocol and occur at precisely 1200hrs-EDT.  There are plenty of Federal Judges whom were appointed by President Trump that could execute the Oath of Office.  I believe just before that ornamental procedure, the security codes are changed with regard to the nuclear football, secret service detail, and vehicle/aircraft access.  Also, there is the process of moving out the previous First Family and moving in the new First Family.  

Typical D.C. maneuver, when you have something that may not sit well with a good portion of the country, is to push it out mid-to-late Friday afternoon when nobody is paying attention.  So this could linger until 4:00p or so, by the looks of things.  

I've been seeing a lot of photographs and videos of the Biden's stuff being moved out of the White House Residence, so obviously this is finally happening.  Huge news, politics aside.  This will have implications on our day-to-day lives, markets, foreign relations, etc.

This is not political, but this transition of power will change a tremendous amount of how we live, work, and exist in our current societal model.  This is huge.  

1 hour ago, midtown said:

Quick question here.  My neighbor is very trump.  I was telling him that I was going to move in a few years.  He tells me in a very stealhy way.   "don't make any big decisions for he next year or two"   I looked at him funny like why?  And he responds with "I'm just saying, don't make any big decisions and Ill leave it at that"  What's the chatter?

The chatter specific to today was based on the lunatic ravings of Mike Lindell, the MyPillow Guy. He just completed a 72-hour "cyber symposium" that he claimed would unequivocally prove that Chinese hackers flipped votes from Trump to Biden and that SCOTUS would have no choice but to issue a 9-0 decision invalidating the 2020 election.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Don’t US Presidential coups always occur on Tuesdays?

Usually.  But from what I understand, this isn't going to be a coup, but a peaceful removal of Biden from office using the Courts and DoJ.  

THREE MINUTES! 

Edited by Lobo

And the End of the World came and went.  

I now regret buying all these fireworks and blow this morning.  I wonder what the refund policy is?  He didn't give me a receipt.

Biden is in the White House today meeting with Pharma reps, but he is heading to Delaware around 4:00p local time.  That would give the Trump team enough time to move back into the White House tonight before the PDB is to be delivered to whomever is in the Oval at 10:00a Saturday.

I guess if Trump is sworn in, in secret...does he also rule the country from a secret location?  Like a government in exile?  Or does he gradually reassume control of the Executive Branch?  I mean, the office doesn't mean much without authority over all Executive Branch personnel/appointments, being Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, Head of State, etc. 

Otherwise, he's just a some guy issuing random musings on Presidential letterhead from an unknown location.

Oh shit, now I get it.  See y'all later...

Edited by Lobo

I'm just looking forward to the future national holiday every August 13th on "Trump Came Back to Save us all Day."  August sucks, it could use a holiday.  Even a shitty holiday can be an excuse to grill some meat and drink some beer, so, you know, America!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

The chatter specific to today was based on the lunatic ravings of Mike Lindell, the MyPillow Guy. He just completed a 72-hour "cyber symposium" that he claimed would unequivocally prove that Chinese hackers flipped votes from Trump to Biden and that SCOTUS would have no choice but to issue a 9-0 decision invalidating the 2020 election.

Right, but I guess they're going to issue that decision after lunch? They should probably hustle up. 

1 hour ago, midtown said:

It doesn't really matter. That's what conspiracy theorists do as a matter of habit. They pretend to possess secret knowledge that hardly anyone (if anyone at all) possesses and that therefore makes them smarter than you. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm just looking forward to the future national holiday every August 13th on "Trump Came Back to Save us all Day."  August sucks, it could use a holiday.  Even a shitty holiday can be an excuse to grill some meat and drink some beer, so, you know, America!

BBQBeerFreedom Day

45 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

It's still only 11:30 in the am here; give it time!  Meanwhile, I've done my research:

• Beau Vine changed the title to Trump Reinstatement Day Thread (no politics! only news, happenings, memes, shenanigans, ins and outs, and what have yous)
44 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Bob Slydell: Joseph Biden.
Dom Portwood: Who's he?
Bob Porter: You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot.
Dom Portwood: Oh, yeah.
Bob Slydell: Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being the president.
Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that a pillow salesman said the other guy won and no one ever told him, but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.
Bob Slydell: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.
Bill Lumbergh: Great.
Dom Portwood: So um, Biden has been let go?
Bob Slydell: Well just a second there, professor. We uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.
Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end.

This is amazing 

I spoke with my mom recently. She's a fox news zombie and I've made it clear that I have no interest in talking with her about that stuff. We were talking about my dad having back issues and I asked how old the mattress was, if the doctor had discussed mattress firmness, and maybe looking for a newer one. She just had to throw in that she purchased a mattress topper from My Pillow to help with his back. I did not take the bait. I just hate that some of my family's money went to that psychopath.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I spoke with my mom recently. She's a fox news zombie and I've made it clear that I have no interest in talking with her about that stuff. We were talking about my dad having back issues and I asked how old the mattress was, if the doctor had discussed mattress firmness, and maybe looking for a newer one. She just had to throw in that she purchased a mattress topper from My Pillow to help with his back. I did not take the bait. I just hate that some of my family's money went to that psychopath.

Same. My Dad was talking a while back about how great his newly purchased My Pillows were.

Cool, cool...so anyway?

3:00p came and went on the East Coast.  NJ, DC, FL.  No reports of anyone secretly taking back the Executive Branch.  

4:10p-EDT (about an hour from now), Biden is due to leave the White House for Delaware and not be back until 10:00a-EDT Saturday to receive the PDB.  That gives you Trumpers about 18 hours to go move all of Biden's shit out and move Trump and Ivanka's shit back into the Oval.  Better fucking hurry, boss is counting on you.