The greatest television characters of all time are:

Gil Bang

4 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I often watch Al’s lecture to the newspaper editor after Al slapped him. One unique set of ethics, for sure. 

I love that part.  At first Al seems like he's just a ruthless criminal.  As the show goes, you realize he likes and respects the entrepreneurial types like Merrick, Nutall, Ellsworth, Wu, Joanie, even Sol that take a chance and claim their own stake.  He's wary of Bullock and Tolliver because they seem to want to control other people.  It's why he despises Hearst.  

• Like 1

There are a lot of great shows with a lot of great characters. If I'm being honest, though, I think I agree with whoever said Homer J Simpson. 

A good sidebar to the original question would be what if you had to limit it to just one from each show? None of this Stringer Bell, Omar, Vondas and McNulty's ex wife BS. I don't know who I would name in The Wire. Possibly Bubs. 

Seinfeld - It's definitely gotta be George but you have to give a nod to Kramer's complete zaniness. 

BB - I might say that the best character in BB is Saul, but the best character in Saul is Mike. 

Thrones - clearly Tyrion

BH 90210 - clearly Steve Sanders

Justified - have to give Boyd the nod over Raylan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RPM said:

Sergeant Morgan O'Rourke

Corporal Randolph Agarn

Captain Wilton Parmenter

Wrangler Jane

Story goes that Tucker was packing a major hog.  He and Milton Berle used to refer to themselves as "The Long Schlong Club of Beverly Hills". 

Edited by Gil Bang

On 8/23/2021 at 9:35 PM, Bogeywon said:

1. Tony soprano 

In no order

don Draper 

Stringer bell

walter white

Leon black

george castanza (spelling?)

Add Homer to that list and it's perfect.  Especially with TS at the top and the rest below.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:29 PM, Gil Bang said:

Story goes that Tucker was packing a major hog.  He and Milton Berle used to refer to themselves as "The Long Schlong Club of Beverly Hills". 

Yeah, quoting myself.  The Sopranos thread sent me down a rabbit hole.  Came up with this:

• Hook 'Em 1