New & improved political compass test. This time in 8 dimensions!

bolverk

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

As with most of these test, the questions are not perfect and invite clarification. 

Agree that some of the questions were a little absolutist, but it's a slow Sunday afternoon with no work tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

You may be wrong on everything else, but at least you aren't a primitivist. 

spacer.png

How do you think that the questions feed into score that dimension.  Seems like a lot of them were loading around genetic manipulation. Those questions stood out as some of the worst. The ones that would seem to load on theocracy/secularism a close second. 

34 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

How do you think that the questions feed into score that dimension.  Seems like a lot of them were loading around genetic manipulation. Those questions stood out as some of the worst. The ones that would seem to load on theocracy/secularism a close second. 

I came off as slightly primitivist as well. I'm not saying that's wrong, but it is interesting considering I am a scientist by profession.

The question that I got most hung up on was the one that asked if I thought that normal people can be trusted to vote. I went with "Agree" but hesitated because I thought I should consider the current political climate rather than what I thought is generally true.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, berlinerbaer said:

I came off as slightly primitivist as well. I'm not saying that's wrong, but it is interesting considering I am a scientist by profession.

The question that I got most hung up on was the one that asked if I thought that normal people can be trusted to vote. I went with "Agree" but hesitated because I thought I should consider the current political climate rather than what I thought is generally true.

Yeah, think I went neutral on that one. The genetic manipulation centric questions struck me as really odd, so they stood out. I mean wtf are we talking about.  The interpretation range is broad. It is a basically useless question to pose to STEM people. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, think I went neutral on that one. The genetic manipulation centric questions struck me as really odd, so they stood out. I mean wtf are we talking about.  The interpretation range is broad. It is a basically useless question to pose to STEM people. 

The science for science made me think of the awfulness that science research has brought us without the human element. 

17 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

ThIs BoArD iS cEnTeR RiGhT11!!!1!11

Shhhhhh

24 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

ThIs BoArD iS cEnTeR RiGhT11!!!1!11

The center (in mosaic) are the green squares in the center, from what I can cipher.  

Aside from a few outliers, the results indicate that most have more in common ideologically than some think (and protest loudly).

Take the test. I am guessing primitivist. Prove me wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

There were some on automation as well. I assume many supported regulating technology that might have pushed them into the primitivist category.
Bunch of fucking luddites.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I agree that the ones on technology/progress and secularism are the worst loaded questions. Hell yes I strongly object to pursuing technological advances at all costs, I took the question pretty literally and “at all costs” was the key phrase here keeping in mind some of the horrible things we’ve done in terms of research.  The theocracy stuff as well— I’d like clarification on what it means to respect religious traditions, as I think there’s a huge delta between “respect” (think EEO) and “enforce” (Taliban). And while I do think that supporting the banning of religious garb in public places is “secular”, saying it shouldn’t be isn’t theocratic— it’s just a standard interpretation of pretty standard human rights. Theocratic would be “religious garb should be enforced.” 

There were some other questions that really confuse issues. For instance, I think that all individuals (wealthy or not) should have the right to contribute to politics and that contributions should have a cap. I think corporations shouldn’t be able to at all. The question lumped individuals and corporations in together, so I had to strongly disagree since as written the question tramples all over some pretty fundamental rights of actual people.

image.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

The gmo questions bothered me too. No genetic modification at all? Wheat, corn, and anything else you put in your piehole has been modified for millenia. Good luck making your tacos with teosinte. 

The super rich can't give to campaigns?

How about some enforceable limits? And separate corps from individuals maybe?

I hit unsure/neutral to about ten or so.

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

The gmo questions bothered me too. No genetic modification at all? Wheat, corn, and anything else you put in your piehole has been modified for millenia. Good luck making your tacos with teosinte. 

The super rich can't give to campaigns?

How about some enforceable limits? And separate corps from individuals maybe?

I hit unsure/neutral to about ten or so.

Yea multiple questions had two or more factors that needn’t be considered together. The rich individuals/corporations one was one of the worst 

• Like 3

I also found questions not linked to public policy positions unhelpful. Do you think religious schools indoctrinate kids?

That opinion tells me about your general attitude, but not politics. 

Try “should religious schools be legal/banned; receive public funding/not receive public funding”.

That would be a question about your politics. You can hate religious schools and not want to ban them and you can think they’re great but be against public funding. 

• Hook 'Em 1