2021 Houston Texans Ain't Shit Season Thread

Brothahorn

On 1/21/2022 at 3:03 PM, Brothahorn said:
On 1/21/2022 at 2:56 PM, Updawg said:
Unless cal and easterby leave this team will be trash.

No players will want to be here. It will be a team of last resort to stay in the nfl. Feel bad for the players that get drafted

It needs to be sold.

NFL should not allow inherited ownership.

For the Cowboys, that'd be great!!!

11 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

Former NFL quarterback Josh McCown is in Houston today for a second interview with the #Texans about their head coaching job, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. McCown has told the team he’s all-in. Now, he’s the first known finalist.

his bible study game must be very strong 

18 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

Former NFL quarterback Josh McCown is in Houston today for a second interview with the #Texans about their head coaching job, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. McCown has told the team he’s all-in. Now, he’s the first known finalist.

And I thought the Cowboys were stupid...  smdh   😂😂😂 

Houston Texans giving Josh McCown - yes, the QB - a second interview for head job

JOHN BRICE       18 HOURS AGO

Josh McCown has more than 100 career games in the NFL as a quarterback, and less than five years ago had a 13-game, nearly 3,000-passing yards season for the New York Jets.

This weekend, McCown is back in the NFL spotlight – as a prime candidate for the Houston Texans’ head coaching job.

Though McCown never has coached, he’s back in Houston this weekend for a second round of formal interviews with the Texans’ organization, per multiple reports, for the current vacancy.

This, mind you, after McCown was on the Texans’ roster – signed in November 2020 – and interviewed in January 2021 for the head coach’s position that eventually went to David Culley.

The Texans did not release McCown from his playing contract until March 2021. The organization fired by the Texans Jan. 13 after the franchise languished in a 4-13 season that was riddled with off-the-field controversy surrounding quarterback DeShaun Watson.

Sources close to one of the other candidates to have already interviewed with the Texans told FootballScoop that the perception is that McCown quickly is emerging as a top target if not the Houston franchise’s top choice for the job.

A Texas native who starred for one season at Sam Houston State after he started his career at Southern Methodist, McCown spent time with a dozen different NFL franchises and threw for more than 17,700 yards in 180 career games.

Among other candidates known to have interviewed with the Texans about their vacancy include former Dolphins head coach Brian Flores, Los Angeles Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell, Chargers offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi and former NFL wideout Hines Ward, currently a college assistant coach. New England Patriots defensive coordinator Jerod Mayo also has been linked to the Texans’ opening. 

• Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

What a embarrassment. This is why I have never been able to connect with the Texans after the oilers. I tried hard even up to 2020 and now they might hire a head coach who’s never coached? What in the fuck. 

Well to be fair, the owner, GM, and whatever the fuck title Easterfuck has aren’t qualified for their jobs, so why not the coach? Sounds to me like you hate Jesus, bro….

• Hook 'Em 1

For as much as you claim to not care about the Texans, you seem to pop up on every page of every Texans thread to remind us how much you don’t care or aren’t a fan. 

He’s probably like a lot us wanting/trying to be a fan but they make it so damn hard to be one
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Hate said:

Here is an article "fantasizing" about potential buyers of the Texans. I'd love to see the Manning's buy the team.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/who-could-buy-the-houston-texans/ar-AATmWe1?ocid=hplocalnews

The Manning’s don’t have near the money to buy an NFL team by themselves. They could be like Magic with the Dodgers. A small stakeholder acting as a face of the franchise. 

Can’t say I understand the timing of this one. Wouldn’t it be better to wait until all Head Coaches have been hired (and hopefully you among them), then file suit? With the way the NFL has shown itself willing to collude to blackball people who confront the establishment, seems like there’s no way he gets a gig after this…

Maybe he and his agent feel this will HELP his candidacy in some way? Or he already knows he won’t be getting hired?

Yeah bold move by Flores suing before other teams fill their spot. He probably would've gotten one but people usually don't like hiring people that are actively suing them (the NFL = the owners).

Also, he's gonna need a lot more evidence than texts from BB thinking the Giants wanted Daboll before conducting other interviews. Defense attorney can explain that away pretty easily ("BB was misinformed" "Daboll was the leader but nothing was decided until after the Flores interview" blah blah blah). 

But yeah, welcome Josh McCown to Houston I guess ugh.

28 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Texans’ management has to be loving this Flores stuff. Gives them a somewhat plausible excuse, at least in their addled minds, for not hiring him. 

This. Skip the farce of not hiring Flores by using the lawsuit as justification. Josh fucking McCowan 

I heard sometime today on 97.5 that he had acknowledged he is unlikely to get another coaching job in the NFL and was doing it for the others that come behind him.  I have no reason not to believe Flores as I can't imagine someone would commit career suicide for no reason. 

The NFL can explain away the text from BB very easily...he's old and get people mixed up all the time.  He clicked on the first Brian he saw in his contacts.  But what if that is actually what happened?  Could Flores be overreacting to simple mistake from his former mentor?  I don't think so at this point, but I'm sure there will be more info released soon. 

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

I heard sometime today on 97.5 that he had acknowledged he is unlikely to get another coaching job in the NFL and was doing it for the others that come behind him.  I have no reason not to believe Flores as I can't imagine someone would commit career suicide for no reason. 

The NFL can explain away the text from BB very easily...he's old and get people mixed up all the time.  He clicked on the first Brian he saw in his contacts.  But what if that is actually what happened?  Could Flores be overreacting to simple mistake from his former mentor?  I don't think so at this point, but I'm sure there will be more info released soon. 

Discovery, discovery, discovery.

31 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Cal wasn’t ever hiring Flores. I am halfway surprised Texans weren’t named in the suit.  Luck of being too inept to have hired their new white coach yet I guess.  

Yep, there's no way Flores would file suit if he believed he had a realistic chance at landing the Texans gig. The lawsuit does make it highly unlikely that Calserio will hire McCown now because I can't imagine the NFL wanting the shitstorm that would follow if they gave the job to a white guy former backup QB wiith no coaching experience after firing Culley and passing on Flores. 

14 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Yep, there's no way Flores would file suit if he believed he had a realistic chance at landing the Texans gig. The lawsuit does make it highly unlikely that Calserio will hire McCown now because I can't imagine the NFL wanting the shitstorm that would follow if they gave the job to a white guy former backup QB wiith no coaching experience after firing Culley and passing on Flores. 

I don't think Flores is that desperate to coach in the NFL again. Look at our other candidates, Flores is in a completely different tier.