Tech Game Week

Wulaw Horn

43 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Game seems like a toss up to me.  Until I see more from this team they are very suspect given the turd laid in Arkansas.

I'm about to toss you up a warm glass of shut the hell up. 

In all seriousness, I don't see us losing this game unless we commit numerous turnovers and/or have coaching buffoonery. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

I'm not sure if we'll win given we've been incredibly inconsistent, however if we lose the Sarkisian honeymoon period will 100% be over.

There are a lot of reasons you could rationalize the Arkansas loss: perfect environment for them at home for their super bowl, card not playing well in his first true road start, coordinators still tinkering with what we can/can't execute well in our second noncon game, etc.

Lose this game at home to tech after seeing and having time to coach around our obvious deficiencies, and it will become clear we're in for a real rough time in conference this year. It will also cast serious doubt on whether this staff has improved the team over where Herman left us.

I don't particularly care about beating tech, but I care about beating tech as a signal that we've improved from game 2 to game 4 and have a chance to compete with the better teams in conference.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'm not sure if we'll win given we've been incredibly inconsistent, however if we lose the Sarkisian honeymoon period will 100% be over.

There are a lot of reasons you could rationalize the Arkansas loss: perfect environment for them at home for their super bowl, card not playing well in his first true road start, coordinators still tinkering with what we can/can't execute well in our second noncon game, etc.

Lose this game at home to tech after seeing and having time to coach around our obvious deficiencies, and it will become clear we're in for a real rough time in conference this year. It will also cast serious doubt on whether this staff has improved the team over where Herman left us.

I don't particularly care about beating tech, but I care about beating tech as a signal that we've improved from game 2 to game 4 and have a chance to compete with the better teams in conference.

If we lose to Tech, at Home,  we'll end the season a sub 500 team, recruiting will crater (some more?), Sark's seat will be smoking, Card will transfer, South Austin's mom will close her legs, and our Pet's heads will fall off.  We are winning or Surly will burn to the ground.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

If we lose to Tech, at Home,  we'll end the season a sub 500 team, recruiting will crater (some more?), Sark's seat will be smoking, Card will transfer, South Austin's mom will close her legs, and our Pet's heads will fall off.  We are winning or Surly will burn to the ground.

He’s probably transfer to OU and win the Heisman. 

How do you "coach around" this offensive line? I'm not being deliberately provocative.  
Play calling. Rollouts, screens, misdirections, QB runs, run plays that don't run directly into the worst parts of our line on fourth down...

Basically try anything to help a struggling line...most of which we decided not to do against Arkansas for reasons that I'll never understand.

A weak oline is going to be a challenge no matter what, but you can certainly try to minimize the impact by anticipating they'll struggle with concepts they've shown they can't execute.

Changing out personnel would be high on my list as well, but we've seen the depth chart so my hopes aren't high for that.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• frontrowRAIDER
    Posted on 3 hrs, , User Since 197 months ago, User Post Count: 6439
    • 3 hrs
    • 197 months

UT and Texas Tech used to have a 'gentlemens agreement' not to charge each others bands for the cost of seats in the football stadiums. A few years ago UT went back on this agreement and demanded that the band pay for the seats they use.

Tuck Fexas...

3 upvotes
  • SATTT
    Posted on 3 hrs, , User Since 230 months ago, User Post Count: 7531
    • 3 hrs
    • 230 months

frontrowRAIDER said... (original post) UT and Texas Tech used to have a 'gentlemens agreement' not to charge each others bands for the cost of seats in the football stad...

show more

Texas is like a topless dancer. Your paying for the drinks, Dances, and she mentions she needs help with her utility bill for the month. You keep paying while following her rules; than all the sudden she is running off to another conference( I mean table) while your left high and dry looking for another conference to play in. 

1 upvotes
  • CourtJesterTT avatar
    CourtJesterTT
    Posted on 2 hrs, , User Since 57 months ago, User Post Count: 101
    • 2 hrs
    • 57 months

I believe UT is using covid as an excuse not to allow any visiting bands this year.

1 upvotes
  • PanhandleRaider avatar
    PanhandleRaider
    Posted on 2 hrs, , User Since 231 months ago, User Post Count: 7144
    • 2 hrs
    • 231 months

CourtJesterTT said... (original post) I believe UT is using covid as an excuse not to allow any visiting bands this year.

show more

But allowing a full stadium otherwise

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4713l6loe6wytfrn6mkn

I don’t see this as a 50/50 game. I think 70% chance we win, in part because it’s a home game, in part because they might be bigger frauds than we are (or underperform their potential more than we do), and partly because this is such a new team with new coaches and new offensive and defensive schemes that it takes a few games to figure it out. I think/hope that the coaches and players are going to be able to figure out what our identity is, who should be playing and where, how to scheme around our deficiencies, etc etc. 

Edited by Lhorn

2 hours ago, TheAuditor said:

Stop. This is ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Taking the Brazilian to her first football game ever. Y’all be on the lookout for a ginger out kicking his coverage.

Your grooming habits are hardly anything I want to know about, but if we win just know you will have to keep it waxed all season.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3