Arky vs aggy Saturday, Sept 25th 2:30pm CT CBS

LTtxfan

On 9/23/2021 at 5:12 PM, Herpa Derpa said:

Pittman's got the Hogs believing. This ain't your Chad Morris shitshow. Arky ends the streak on Saturday.

I think they're better than their recent history.  I think they'll smoke aggy tomorrow.  Even the talking heads on ESPN agree arky takes it.

21 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Seeing some chatter aggy may have changed up the OL for tomorrow.

Supposedly - 

Bryce fosters brother just basically confirmed the line up is gonna be Johnson Aki Bryce Green Fatheree with Cupp as well. Run to the right side please

Posters seem to think it's because of how good Fatheree's looked.

You would think in the entire state of Texas there would be just 5 MFers that would be decent at OL for Texas.  

One of the hosts on the Horn yesterday(11am show) stated that there are really only 4 dominant high-rated, true O Tackles in the entire state in the 2022 class and 2 of them are committed to aggy. Doesn’t sound right but if true, need to establish a cheese curd and Savannah pipeline.

1 minute ago, DiceHands said:

If they beat aggy, all of a sudden, our loss doesnt look so bad.  

Beat that ass arky

As much as I hate to say it..... this.

Also, the Arky fans next to me at the game were civil and pretty chill. It was annoying having to sit and take it, but it could have been WAYYYYYYY worse.

The walk past the greek row by the stadium was pretty brutal though.

I can't wait to go back and beat dat ass in the next couple of years. 

Another salty rivalry that now has a low cost carrier direct flight out of SA is ok by me.

35 minutes ago, markstanco said:

If I recall he was like choice #3 or 4.

1 hour ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Its all speculation, but I think arky has themselves a decent team if they stay healthy.
I also think they lucked into Pittman, a guy who may actually be a pretty good coach. 

Correct, and I agree.  They had gotten turned down by most everyone and even Pittman said he didn't think he was getting the job.  They took a flyer on him because they knew him from his time there, players liked him, he could recruit, and he was cheap.  In return they gave him more money for top assistants.  He had never even been a coordinator before so I thought it was a big reach but he's turned out to be a good HC.  Solid recruiter, players love him, and he's a good fit with the fan base.  Good guy, too.  

16 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Correct, and I agree.  They had gotten turned down by most everyone and even Pittman said he didn't think he was getting the job.  They took a flyer on him because they knew him from his time there, players liked him, he could recruit, and he was cheap.  In return they gave him more money for top assistants.  He had never even been a coordinator before so I thought it was a big reach but he's turned out to be a good HC.  Solid recruiter, players love him, and he's a good fit with the fan base.  Good guy, too.  

Yeah former players advocated for Pittman from the start. I think Arkansas was close to hiring Kiffin but depending who you listen to he either chose Ole Miss over Arkansas or the Arkansas AD didn’t like him trying to leverage more money from Arkansas with the Ole Miss opening and moved on. And then Drinkwitz thought the state of the roster was too big of a rebuild.

Pretty much every candidate kept talking about the challenges of the job but Pittman talked about how badly he wanted it and his plan for turning it around and that was refreshing. He accepted the job without even asking about how much his salary would be.

3 hours ago, Gohogs14 said:

Yeah former players advocated for Pittman from the start. I think Arkansas was close to hiring Kiffin but depending who you listen to he either chose Ole Miss over Arkansas or the Arkansas AD didn’t like him trying to leverage more money from Arkansas with the Ole Miss opening and moved on. And then Drinkwitz thought the state of the roster was too big of a rebuild.

Pretty much every candidate kept talking about the challenges of the job but Pittman talked about how badly he wanted it and his plan for turning it around and that was refreshing. He accepted the job without even asking about how much his salary would be.

Yeah Pittman was the right hire for piggy