Xavier Worthy - Chiefin'

Machinator

On 3/7/2024 at 3:43 PM, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

this is random and shallow but how are his teeth so perfect and blindingly white -- he's got a million-watt smile.

On 3/7/2024 at 5:14 PM, Fondren & Main said:

Great dental work obviously.

Bryan Cranston Seinfeld GIF by HULU

And a schtickle of fluoride?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Potential to be Tyreek Hill 2.0 with Mahomes as his QB. We didn't even see his full potential at UT. Great pick for KC and excited to see what he can do in this offense

If those kids on screen with him last night are his, he's already got a jump on the Tyreek Hill family planning...

Miami is a light years better offense than KC, and him & Hill would’ve been unstoppable. Was really hoping he’d go there vs the cold of KC and their (at times) plodding offense.
Not even close. Mahomes is leaps and bounds better than Tua.

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, Helobious said:
Miami is a light years better offense than KC, and him & Hill would’ve been unstoppable. Was really hoping he’d go there vs the cold of KC and their (at times) plodding offense.

You've been Helobius'd

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, Helobious said:

26 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Don't get sucked in to an argument with Helobious.

I never said Tua was better. I’m saying if I was a receiver I’d much rather play for Miami than KC. See below

IMG_4252.thumb.jpeg.fef897fcdda1fa8760844aa1d43d80a4.jpeg

2 hours ago, FWD said:

A lot of teams would have wasted him but Andy Reid has shown he knows how to use speed WRs like nobody else. Chiefs are reloaded and going for the three-peat. 

Yeah, seeing fans on r/NFL all screaming at the Bills: "Why would you do this to yourselves? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO THE REST OF US?"

• Haha 1

You know, I love everything about this. I love that the big moment of chaos of the first round, the thing that made EVERYONE up in arms, was because one of Texas' best players just went to a place that's perfect for him, where he'll have every chance to succeed and win Superb Owl rings.

Now, as a Boncos fan, you'd think I'd be upset. But first off, the Donks are taking themselves out of contention just fine on their own, no matter what KC does. Second, I love my Longhorns more than I love the Bonco.

(misspelled team names are misspelled on purpose; they don't get to be called their real name until they stop being idiot fuck ups)

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bobby with a story on Worthy on OTF

As many of you know, Xavier Worthy had the drops in the latter half 2022. Well, I was the first media person to tell folks after the season that he had a broken hand during that time frame. Texas did not want the news out lest it change how some opponents defended them.

Some said that the injury was fake - merely an excuse for Worthy having the drops. But facts are Worthy was wearing a soft cast most of the second half of that season, not just around the facility but also to class, etc.

But this part is where I think things get interesting, and also reveal a little more about who Worthy truly is.

So, let's talk about how the injury actually occurred.

Worthy was so pissed after a game that season, one where he actually had a good game but the team lost, that he punched a locker in the locker room.

No, not the smartest move he's ever made. You could even call it immature.

But this is where many fans got the notion of who Worthy is wrong.

Anyone who ever second guessed him as a prima donna who only cared about stats, etc., it kind of speaks to a different level of intent that not many people were aware he has. He's intensely competitive. Winning means a lot to him.

Now, Worthy is not the perfect receiver. He's relatively thin. He has good hands, but not great ones. He wasn't always the easiest to deal with off the field.

But when you talk to people who have coached him or played with him, to a man they all talk about how hard he goes in practice. There's never any doubt about what he was out there to do when he steps on to a football field, for a practice or a game.

He was out there to get better and to win.

So congrats to Xavier.

I truly believe he became a better player at Texas and I also think he matured greatly along the way. Last night was culmination of many things coming to fruition in the best way possible.

after the Oklahoma St. game, FWIW.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Just when I was starting to hate the Chiefs again -- after enjoying the Chiefs with Derrick, Priest and Jamaal -- they re-start the Longhorn pipeline.

Guess I may starting secretly rooting again.

No love for Omenihu? Shiiit. That's lame.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have to admit, I have enjoyed watching the Chiefs play these last few years with Mahomes and Reid.  With X in the mix now, holy shit... I can't wait to see how they use him.
Should open their offense back up like their days with Hill. Without him, they still won back to back rings but it was a different approach. More like death by a thousand paper cuts. Mahomes can now air it out more and this should allow Kelce and the others to have better production.

Good for KC to recognize they needed a WR and get Worthy.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Good for KC to recognize they needed a WR and get Worthy.

I mean... it was blindingly obvious that they needed a WR. The interesting thing is that, of all the WRs they had available, they chose X.

Now to make it interesting: Here's a Reddit post from a month ago:

e.g.

"He’s been the only WR prospect Mahomes has been following the last two months, and he plays in Texas."

"It's been widely reported that the front office wanted to trade up for 2 guys similar to Worthy's draft profile the last 2 years, but were unable to."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 12:19 PM, Pam Cummings said:

Well at least now we all have a reason to like the Chiefs. Omenihu coming back too.

Ain’t gonna lie; I’m greedy. I wanted AD, Murphy, Sweat, and Brooks as well.

On 4/26/2024 at 1:55 PM, Rimbo said:

Now, as a Boncos fan, you'd think I'd be upset. But first off, the Donks are taking themselves out of contention just fine on their own, no matter what KC does. Second, I love my Longhorns more than I love the Bonco.

Look on the bright side, at least you get to watch LJH ball out. I saw Denver several times last season and he seemed to be having a good year. Even watched a few games intentionally just to watch him. I was not disappointed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Look on the bright side, at least you get to watch LJH ball out. I saw Denver several times last season and he seemed to be having a good year. Even watched a few games intentionally just to watch him. I was not disappointed. 

I don't watch. They're unwatchable.

6 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I mean... it was blindingly obvious that they needed a WR. The interesting thing is that, of all the WRs they had available, they chose X.

Now to make it interesting: Here's a Reddit post from a month ago:

e.g.

"He’s been the only WR prospect Mahomes has been following the last two months, and he plays in Texas."

"It's been widely reported that the front office wanted to trade up for 2 guys similar to Worthy's draft profile the last 2 years, but were unable to."

Correct. But too many teams get way too cute in the draft and ignore the glaring needs and draft some head scratchers. KC got Worthy to try and get the offense back to the Tyreek Hill days.

54 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I hope this works out. But I worry he’s going to still have the dropsies. Which won’t really help the team with the most drops in the league.

Well I think they overcame that… strong take though. 

Edited by Texasborn91

54 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I hope this works out. But I worry he’s going to still have the dropsies. Which won’t really help the team with the most drops in the league.

Wasn't an issue last year. Turns out, broken hand makes it hard to catch. 

On 4/27/2024 at 8:11 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Correct. But too many teams get way too cute in the draft and ignore the glaring needs and draft some head scratchers. KC got Worthy to try and get the offense back to the Tyreek Hill days.

X might not have huge numbers, his impact will be felt by everyone else on that offense.  I predict Kelce is going to have a monster year since guys in the secondary will have to back up and respect the deep ball for once.  KC's running game is also going to improve just because they'll see less stacked boxes.  X is going to be the tide that rises all ships, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Let's not forget they ended up with Wiley as well. I think he's got a lot to learn from Travis, but Travis isn't necessarily going to be around forever, and the road in front gets shorter by the day. Whether he can beat out Noah (if he's still on the roster) will be a factor. But I think he has some similar natural talents as Kelce, and has a real shot to take that spot IF he manages to put in the work and learns all he can.

As someone that watches Texas every Saturday and the chiefs every Sunday during the season, I can see small parts where the offenses are similar but I wish the Texas playbook was more like the chiefs. I’m really hoping that he goes for every ball and gets rid of the stopping running bs. It’s crazy he is in the exact spot he needs to be to be the next Tyreek..hope he can anywhere close. 

IMG_1701.png

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - Chiefin'

Andy Reid may be the GOAT offensive coordinator im glad he’s running the same shit as Sark that’s excellent news. 

I want to hate the chiefs so bad but with X I’m gonna be pulling for them to 3 peat for sure.