population decline

21 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I am not sure what bubble you live in but acknowledging that population levels in parts of the world are declining, understating what those reasons are, and how we can offset them through things like AI is the whole fucking point of the thread. I never called it a crisis (and the thread title doesn’t call it a crisis). 

And how did you call it a “fucking joke” and then right away say “We are were we because lots of straight people stopped having kids” so yes there is some population issue?

Never said “where we are” is a bad place or an issue. It’s just the current reality. And if you’re foolish enough to think 20% of gen z is gay then I question your ability to accurately judge any information. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/09/09/executive-order-on-requiring-coronavirus-disease-2019-vaccination-for-federal-employees/

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/11/04/fact-sheet-biden-administration-announces-details-of-two-major-vaccination-policies/

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/2724982/biden-to-approve-austins-request-to-make-covid-19-vaccine-mandatory-for-service/

As far as schools go, California had a statewide school mandate. I think D.C. Other districts on a smaller level around embraced it. Many colleges and universities. Some just dropped then when the emergency status was finally dropped. 

Any discussion of suspect CDC/FDA policies is definitely beyond the scope of this thread. 

As far as the military goes, I’ll go get some numbers, but the highest proportion of our military is traditionally young men from the South. Which adults had the lowest vaccination rates? Young southern men. Sure they finally dropped the mandate, but that trust is damaged. Seems self explanatory, but maybe I can find a survey for you where that is explicitly stated. 

27 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Anti-Vaccine and Anti-Mandate are the same fucking thing you dumb motherfuckers.

Name one person that has been forced to get a vaccine. Not one person. You don’t like that you were required to choose between the vaccine and your job, or the vaccine and school. BOO FUCKING HOO. God, this wold is full of the biggest entitled pussies. Believing your kid should get the measles vaccine while believing parents should have the choice to send their kids to school without the measles vaccine doesn’t mean your pro-vaccine and Anti-Mandate, it means you’re fucking stupid and don’t understand how vaccines work. 

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

People can be against all kinds of things. Ideas, actions etc. But that fucktard is citing ACTUAL VACCINE MANDATES that did not exist as something that caused REAL HARM to people. That, specifically, is the problem here. He cited vaccine mandates SPECIFICALLY in the original post that sent us down this rabbit hole. I guess he was trying to discuss government job mandates, but didn't specify, as he made it sound like people were kicking down doors and getting jabbed against their will. I'd love to see some numbers and statistics on all the people who lost their jobs because they refused to get a covid vaccine. 

Freedom of choice is not freedom from consequences. That has always been the case in this world, and while it has always shifted, only recently has a complete rejection of change resulted on widespread fucking bellyaching and refusal to accept any change or compromise. I guess I can use that line to bring this back to population decline, and the shifting social change in the views of LGBTQ. 

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Are you serious?  You think there has to be a federal mandate for someone to be against it?  

Can someone be against this or is an opinion not allowed because it was blocked by the court?

https://apnews.com/article/vaccine-requirement-biden-covid-fifth-circuit-74ae504966aaf5239a42cc3e677182b4

Exhibits A, B, C, and D of why we don’t need a population increase. People are idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Mullet Free said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/09/09/executive-order-on-requiring-coronavirus-disease-2019-vaccination-for-federal-employees/

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/11/04/fact-sheet-biden-administration-announces-details-of-two-major-vaccination-policies/

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/2724982/biden-to-approve-austins-request-to-make-covid-19-vaccine-mandatory-for-service/

As far as schools go, California had a statewide school mandate. I think D.C. Other districts on a smaller level around embraced it. Many colleges and universities. Some just dropped then when the emergency status was finally dropped. 

Any discussion of suspect CDC/FDA policies is definitely beyond the scope of this thread. 

As far as the military goes, I’ll go get some numbers, but the highest proportion of our military is traditionally young men from the South. Which adults had the lowest vaccination rates? Young southern men. Sure they finally dropped the mandate, but that trust is damaged. Seems self explanatory, but maybe I can find a survey for you where that is explicitly stated. 

Someone having to choose how badly they want their job for a vaccine is no different than someone deciding to get a new job if their existing one relocates to another state. It's a choice. Choices have consequences. By the way, California does NOT have a statewide school mandate, and that issue has been dropped. And as always, religious and disability exemptions would also have been a thing on the table, and the religious loophole basically makes any mandate a fucking joke.

You're whole fucking last paragraph is a fucking lesson in "I don't have shit to support my argument, so let me give you a  bunch of assumptions and suppositions that feel true to me, and let me present it as fucking fact. And I'm going to do that while ignoring several presented articles that outline the military recruiting crisis at length and reference none of the bullshit I'm currently peddling." 

Tell us the truth, this is your license plate, isnt it?
Sovereign citizens: A plate and affidavit in Mt. Pleasant – The Morning Sun

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mullet Free said:

In a setting where 57% of Americans can’t afford a $1,000 emergency, then they are essentially being forced. I’m sure people in that position felt they didn’t have a choice. Tell them it wasn’t a mandate. They’ll tell you you’re full of shit. 

My bad. I knew Newsom had said they were doing it. Hadn’t seen that they had to postpone and then dump it. 

Spoiler alert, he won’t concede that. 

As an example in the military it was known that they gave almost no such exemptions.. 

Sounds like you're advocating for universal basic income or a lower minimum wage. Is that true? Either way, I don't see a ton of outrage from you or others about poor people who have to move against their will to keep a job because of financial resource issues. Doesn't that fall under the massive umbrella of personal responsibility? I think there's one party that champions that ideology, now that I think about it...

It's not false. The number of philosophical/religious exemptions in Texas schools has tripled from 1 to 3% in the past 10 years, and spoiler alert, you'll be shocked to learn that half of that has happened since 2020. If it's  so hard, how are the #s doubling so fast? Additionally, for someone to get a religious extension, they have to prove it is against their belief system. I'm sorry if someone failed to do that effectively...I mean not sorry. Additionally, and specifically for the military, it's literally a fucking career based upon the entire concept of FOLLOWING A LAWFUL ORDER. And these people refused to follow a LAWFUL ORDER, and they were discharged. And oh by the way, they now have a path back into military service. Then again, I'm not surprised that a sovereign citizen would fail to grasp the very basic concept of following a lawful order. 

I was attempting to bow out of this conversation and let it get back to population decline, but keep responding with bullshit and I'm going to keep persisting. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sounds like you're advocating for universal basic income or a lower minimum wage. Is that true? Either way, I don't see a ton of outrage from you or others about poor people who have to move against their will to keep a job because of financial resource issues. Doesn't that fall under the massive umbrella of personal responsibility? I think there's one party that champions that ideology, now that I think about it...

It's not false. The number of philosophical/religious exemptions in Texas schools has tripled from 1 to 3% in the past 10 years, and spoiler alert, you'll be shocked to learn that half of that has happened since 2020. If it's  so hard, how are the #s doubling so fast? Additionally, for someone to get a religious extension, they have to prove it is against their belief system. I'm sorry if someone failed to do that effectively...I mean not sorry. Additionally, and specifically for the military, it's literally a fucking career based upon the entire concept of FOLLOWING A LAWFUL ORDER. And these people refused to follow a LAWFUL ORDER, and they were discharged. And oh by the way, they now have a path back into military service. Then again, I'm not surprised that a sovereign citizen would fail to grasp the very basic concept of following a lawful order. 

I was attempting to bow out of this conversation and let it get back to population decline, but keep responding with bullshit and I'm going to keep persisting. 

Can you share a link to back that up? It flies contrary to what I've seen and read.

Just to go back to the first bullshit where Sydney was wrong that started the last couple pages. 

19 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s disputable, because you’re not offering any statistics on LGBTQ adoption or childbirth while making a blanket assertion that “isn’t disputable.” 

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2020/09/fifteen-percent-of-same-sex-couples-have-children-in-their-household.html

“Fifteen percent (14.7%) of the 1.1 million same-sex couples in the United States in 2019 had at least one child under 18 in their household, compared with 37.8% of opposite-sex couples, according to a U.S. Census Bureau analysis of Current Population Survey(CPS) data released this week.

Same-sex couples also tended to have smaller families. Among couples with children, 54.7% of same-sex couples only had one child, compared with 39.2% of opposite-sex couples.“

10 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

As if we couldn't get more off topic, speaking of "Just claim religious exemption you dummy anyone can do it" is akin to the laymen's understanding of the concept of "not guilty by reasons of insanity defense", just read this interesting bit of trivia:

On this day: In 1859, Congressman Daniel Sickles was found not guilty by plea of temporary insanity — the first US use of such a defense. Sickles murdered Philip Barton Key, son of “The Star-Spangled Banner” author Francis Scott Key, for having an affair with his wife.

General Sickles went on to win the Medal of Honor for his actions at Gettysburg.

9 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

Just to go back to the first bullshit where Sydney was wrong that started the last couple pages. 

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2020/09/fifteen-percent-of-same-sex-couples-have-children-in-their-household.html

“Fifteen percent (14.7%) of the 1.1 million same-sex couples in the United States in 2019 had at least one child under 18 in their household, compared with 37.8% of opposite-sex couples, according to a U.S. Census Bureau analysis of Current Population Survey(CPS) data released this week.

Same-sex couples also tended to have smaller families. Among couples with children, 54.7% of same-sex couples only had one child, compared with 39.2% of opposite-sex couples.“

Congrats on you actually having to come back with numbers, which is shit you should have led with. It only took you, what, a day? Next time, feel free to lead with actual data. Now you can actually dispute something. Welcome to how adults have conversation. It's a shame it takes an online pummeling from a guy going on his 5th or 6th handle from multiple crowd-sourcings for you to show up with receipts, but I guess arguing in bath faith is reflexive to you at this point, which explains all the bannings and handles.  

The point of that last post of mine you quoted was that don't show up and declare shit as "obvious" or "indisputable" without support, or you're going to get called out. For example: You are a fucking worthless cunt of a poster, and this is indisputable. While many here will agree with me, that's actually an opinion, and is in fact quite disputable. Although it shouldn't be. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Congrats on you actually having to come back with numbers, which is shit you should have led with. It only took you, what, a day? Next time, feel free to lead with actual data. Now you can actually dispute something. Welcome to how adults have conversation. It's a shame it takes an online pummeling from a guy going on his 5th or 6th handle from multiple crowd-sourcings for you to show up with receipts, but I guess arguing in bath faith is reflexive to you at this point, which explains all the bannings and handles.  

I admittedly got distracted by being called anti-LGBT for pointing out something so self-evident that it boggles the mind that you’d need statistical verification.

The sky is blue too Sydney. I shouldn’t have to post a picture for another reasonable adult to realize that. 

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

I admittedly got distracted by being called anti-LGBT for pointing out something so self-evident that it boggles the mind that you’d need statistical verification.

The sky is blue too Sydney. I shouldn’t have to post a picture for another reasonable adult to realize that. 

You got so distracted by being called anti-LGBTQ that it took you a day to find facts that *might* have shown that you were just posting facts? That's an interesting choice. When someone says something so obvious, like "Hey it looks like you shit your pants" do you get so distracted that it takes a day to wipe your ass and change your pants? 

You've been banned half a dozen times and created half a dozen handles. I shouldn't have to show you a picture of what this says about how you're valued on this website, and yet here you are again posting. What were you saying about reasonable adult again?

17 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

I called you anti-LGBT you cunt because you posted a tweet inferring  increases in LGBT population will result in a population decline. 

I wonder if some men know their wives/girlfriends/partners abort or intentionally miscarry their babies because they don't want to bring a child into the hellscape they are currently suffering through.  Sometimes population decline in your own home is just due to the fact that you're a fucking violent asshole and she won't add to it.  She'd rather take the abuse herself than share it with a child.    

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I called you anti-LGBT you cunt because you posted a tweet inferring  increases in LGBT population will result in a population decline. 

An expanding LGBT population contributes to the declining birth rate. That’s what the numbers bear out. It’s not anti-LGBT to point out basic science and math.

Whether you think that matters is up to you. Like I said, some people on this thread would like a smaller global population. 

• Fuck You 1

On 4/25/2023 at 7:24 PM, Mullet Free said:

I’m not a biologist but if 20% of a generation take themselves out of the regular procreation pool, accelerated population decline is a foregone conclusion. 

2 hours ago, Mullet Free said:

An expanding LGBT population contributes to the declining birth rate. That’s what the numbers bear out. It’s not anti-LGBT to point out basic science and math.

Whether you think that matters is up to you. Like I said, some people on this thread would like a smaller global population. 

Listen up you disingenuous piece of shit. 

Anyone with two fucking brain cells could surmise that maybe growing up queer before it was actually legal or socially acceptable (Late 90s) meant you could be assaulted, raped, molested, or imprisoned didn't lend to many people actually telling society they were in fact queer. So maybe this expansion tweet is in fact bullshit, and just fodder for stupid people to get outraged. 

Even IF I accepted that LGBT population was expanding somehow, there is zero evidence that an expanding LGBT population has contributed to population decline other than in your fever dreams

I would like a smaller global population. If I had the power to choose, it would be stupid like you that had to go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You straight Christian couples  keep making a lot of fucking trans, homos, queers, and gaywads.  Look in the mirror, you fucking creators of sin.  You're the cause of population decline.  

And if the yougn people are CHOOSING that lifestyle, then you're shitty parents.  90% of LGBTQ+ young people are from cisgender, heterosexual homes.  So look in the mirror you fucking Queer Creators!  Faggot Factories!  If they're choosing this lifestyle, it's because your White Christian ass.   Thanks a lot for destroying our population growth, assholes! 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

And if the yougn people are CHOOSING that lifestyle, then you're shitty parents.  90% of LGBTQ+ young people are from cisgender, heterosexual homes. 

I wonder what percentage of kids with two mommies or two daddies end up being gay or transgendered?

I suspect its going to be about the same percentage as kids from one mom one dad households. But I'd be willing to look at any studies with an open mind.

IF kids with trans or gay parents do end up as gay or trans at higher rates, it would probably not be because of "grooming" or some shit, it would probably be because those parents don't threaten or shame (or worse) their kids when they start to come out or transition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I wonder what percentage of kids with two mommies or two daddies end up being gay or transgendered?

I suspect its going to be about the same percentage as kids from one mom one dad households. But I'd be willing to look at any studies with an open mind.

IF kids with trans or gay parents do end up as gay or trans at higher rates, it would probably not be because of "grooming" or some shit, it would probably be because those parents don't threaten or shame (or worse) their kids when they start to come out or transition.

Yep, this.  Pretty much same reason Baptists think they don't have any LGBTQ+ kids among their parishioners.  Your kid can't come out as something different and skew your stats if she's hung herself in the garage.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

So maybe this expansion tweet is in fact bullshit

Hey you dumb dumb. The amount of people identifying as it is increasing, thus it is expanding. 

I love how this is the thread that people loudly dispute obvious points. 

Were people closeted in the past? Yeah. Were closeted people back then having more kids than openly gay people now? I have no idea and no studies to cite for the **sources** people. 

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

IF kids with trans or gay parents do end up as gay or trans at higher rates

Another shocker? Why wouldn’t kids of gay or transparents be more likely to end up like their parents? Again this isn’t hard. This is the questioning obvious things thread evidently. 

• Fuck You 3

Most gay/trans kids are from cisgender, heterosexual couples.  The #1 producer of gay/trans kids are Christian, white married couples.  Hands down.  They are creating evil in the world.  They are the true sinners.  Statistically speaking in terms of raw numbers.  They also produce the most groomers and child molesters.  

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Most gay/trans kids are from cisgender, heterosexual couples.  The #1 producer of gay/trans kids are Christian, white married couples.  Hands down

Source?!?!?&?

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

raw numbers

When you see those two words, you know some deep analysis has been performed. 

• Fuck You 2

The most common race/ethnicity in the United States is White.

The most common religious following in the United States is Christian.

The most household type to produce children are married couples.  

It stands the reason the most frequent producer of gay/trans kids are white, married Christians.  Just maths ,man.  

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

It stands the reason the most frequent producer of gay/trans kids are white, married Christians.  Just maths ,man.  

Thanks for producing those raw numbers. Again, that’s the deep analysis I’ve been told to expect from all the smart people here. 

• Fuck You 2

52 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But how many LGBT per sq Mile?

• Fuck You 2

Surly somehow managed to equate an overall Western Civilization trend of needing fewer people to maintain society into a blame-game that we allow too many LGBTQ+ folks to exist among us.  Of course it was gonna turn into a total clown show thread.  What is truly haunting is this is one of the more educated, "enlightened" boards on the internet.  I can only imagine the dark shit that exists with everyday Texans.

I think of the intelligence and reasoning ability of the average Longhorn graduate.  And then I realize that 95% of Texas is even stupider and more ignorant than that.  

If you feel like there's a dwindling number of people like you in this country, keep looking for somebody else to blame.  Fantastic life lesson.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Korea on a 44 month losing streak. 

Korea extends natural population fall as fertility rate falls to 0.7

A mother walks with her children at an exhibition held in Daegu, Aug. 17. Yonhap

Korea extended a natural decrease in population in June as the fertility rate hit yet another record low, data showed Wednesday, reflecting the grim demographic trend.

Only 18,615 babies were born in June, down 1.6 percent from a year earlier, according to the monthly report from Statistics Korea.

The number of babies born in Korea has fallen on-year for 91 consecutive months.

In contrast, the number of deaths in the country shot up 7.6 percent over the period to 26,820 amid the aging population, resulting in a natural decrease in population by 8,205.

The trend of deaths surpassing births has continued for 44 straight months.

The country's total fertility rate, the average number of children a woman bears in her lifetime, came to a record low of 0.7 in the second quarter of 2023, down 0.05 from a year earlier. 

It was much lower than the replacement level of 2.1 that would keep Korea's population stable at 51 million.

The data showed that the number of marriages moved up 7.8 percent over the period to 16,053. The rise came as couples who had delayed their weddings during the COVID-19 pandemic finally decided to tie the knot.

Divorces also moved up 2.7 percent over the period at 7,791 cases.

In the second quarter, the number of babies born came to 56,087, down 6.8 percent on-year. 

The number of deaths stood at 83,359 in the April-June period, marking a 7.9 percent fall for the same period. The figures led to a net natural decrease of 27,272 in the population. (Yonhap)

On 4/28/2023 at 4:54 AM, YGIFS said:

Surly somehow managed to equate an overall Western Civilization trend of needing fewer people to maintain society into a blame-game that we allow too many LGBTQ+ folks to exist among us.  Of course it was gonna turn into a total clown show thread.  What is truly haunting is this is one of the more educated, "enlightened" boards on the internet.  I can only imagine the dark shit that exists with everyday Texans.

I think of the intelligence and reasoning ability of the average Longhorn graduate.  And then I realize that 95% of Texas is even stupider and more ignorant than that.  

If you feel like there's a dwindling number of people like you in this country, keep looking for somebody else to blame.  Fantastic life lesson.

I take your point, but based on this site alone I think you're giving the average Longhorn graduate too much credit.  Average Longhorn graduates since 2010 or so, maybe I'll buy it.  :)

• Like 1

Korea on a 44 month losing streak. 

Korea extends natural population fall as fertility rate falls to 0.7

optimize
Korea extended a natural decrease in population in June as the fertility rate hit yet another record low, data showed Wednesday, reflecting the grim demographic trend.

Only 18,615 babies were born in June, down 1.6 percent from a year earlier, according to the monthly report from Statistics Korea.

The number of babies born in Korea has fallen on-year for 91 consecutive months.

In contrast, the number of deaths in the country shot up 7.6 percent over the period to 26,820 amid the aging population, resulting in a natural decrease in population by 8,205.

The trend of deaths surpassing births has continued for 44 straight months.

The country's total fertility rate, the average number of children a woman bears in her lifetime, came to a record low of 0.7 in the second quarter of 2023, down 0.05 from a year earlier. 

It was much lower than the replacement level of 2.1 that would keep Korea's population stable at 51 million.

The data showed that the number of marriages moved up 7.8 percent over the period to 16,053. The rise came as couples who had delayed their weddings during the COVID-19 pandemic finally decided to tie the knot.

Divorces also moved up 2.7 percent over the period at 7,791 cases.

In the second quarter, the number of babies born came to 56,087, down 6.8 percent on-year. 

The number of deaths stood at 83,359 in the April-June period, marking a 7.9 percent fall for the same period. The figures led to a net natural decrease of 27,272 in the population. (Yonhap)

You just gave a bunch of Surlsters a prompt to look up “how to improve your chances of banging a Korean.”

The trans woman I worked with for a while has a kid, my former boss (lesbian) hit me up on linkedin the other day and said her partner was pregnant with their second. The trans man I worked with had twins with his wife a year ago. Actually that's interesting that it's 100% hit rate for trans people I've worked with who have kids, as far as i can remember.... I work with a guy now who is childless and I think he's gay but he might just be super fucking southern. Another close former coworker of mine who is a gay man is childless. I kinda feel like gay people in tech are more likely to have kids than straight people in tech. I work with more biotech than tech now and it's a lot more kids.

anyways, the smartest thing you said is that you're not a biologist.

Where TF do you work?
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That is troubling news.  I think most people can come to grips that we don't need to have as many kids as we used to, and that old people still die.  But it's the people in the middle having a significant uptick in mortality that is very disconcerting.  May have something to do with our dynamite health insurance system.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

That is troubling news.  I think most people can come to grips that we don't need to have as many kids as we used to, and that old people still die.  But it's the people in the middle having a significant uptick in mortality that is very disconcerting.  May have something to do with our dynamite health insurance system.  

Yeah there needs to be research into what's causing and address that. Did the health care system just get worse in the last few years? I don't think it's predominantly a systemic issue. 

Insurance companies will be where to watch how this unfolds. They care only about the numbers and the numbers don't lie. If the death rates don't come down, then premiums will have to be adjusted.

5 hours ago, DaysOff said:

The average species lasts 10 million years. Homo Sapiens won't make 300,000. I wish I would be around to point and laugh.

Yeah, and we’re taking the whole fucking earth with us.  Cockroaches and Twinkies won’t be spared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Denton Cooley said:

Yeah there needs to be research into what's causing and address that. Did the health care system just get worse in the last few years? I don't think it's predominantly a systemic issue. 

Insurance companies will be where to watch how this unfolds. They care only about the numbers and the numbers don't lie. If the death rates don't come down, then premiums will have to be adjusted.

Here's some research for you:

Health care is too fucking expensive in the US even if one has insurance.

I had health insurance in my 20s but the copay was $50 which my $13/hr ass couldn't afford. I at least got an annual physical and vaccines for free.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Denton Cooley said:

no cr, but i suspect that change in women's rights as it relates to their health care in about half the states in the country over the last 16 months may also be contributing something to that...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4

13 minutes ago, Denton Cooley said:

It could be Fentanyl related deaths. Nothing to do with health care. They never see the inside of a hospital.

CHIEF

• Like 1