OU sucks game week.

Wulaw Horn

Texas won in the Metroplex today and they can do it again next weekend!

Texas overcame what may be the best defense in the conference, so points will be scored on bunches on those meth-fueled dick gobblers.

Hook 'Em and fuck that sad excuse for a state Oklahoma! 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll be in Portland watching the game with the Texas Exes. I was in Key West watching the Charlie Strong Jerrod Heard win. I was in DC for the Dicker the Kicker Take the Loss Pussy win. And I will be at Ankeny Tap and Table watching OU get gorilla buttfucked and I will be making many rude and derisive comments  toward our meth-faced neighbors.  Fuck the Sooners, win assured, book it motherfuckers, you're welcome.

Edited by Tigersnake
bloody Marias
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Seriously,

I’ve seen every minute of these pricks this year absent their scrimmage against whoever the fuck that was they beat by 70 and it’s the worst I’ve seen them look in a loooong time. 
Their offense isn’t explosive. Their RB’s are average. Their defense is about as meh as ours. Rattler is careless with the ball and makes bad decisions.

he was running a bunch seemingly against KSU by necessity I think to move the chains. He’s not a big threat to house one but he’s not immobile. 
I like our chances if Thompson takes care of the ball and can hit some open guys. And our guys don’t drop the ball. I think the line should probably be OU -2.5. 
I’m usually terrible at the guess the lines shit. 

Tickets back to where they should be for this game. Stubhub has $200 for upper end zone and $500 for gold seats lower bowl near the 50’s. 
There should be some palpable excitement and hype for the game this year. 
on ABC 

have we heard yet where game day will be? 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Tickets back to where they should be for this game. Stubhub has $200 for upper end zone and $500 for gold seats lower bowl near the 50’s. 
There should be some palpable excitement and hype for the game this year. 
on ABC 

have we heard yet where game day will be? 

I don’t see how they don’t go to Ames. A top 5 matchup. 

Also it’s 11:54 am on the east coast of America and I’m sorry to inform you even in the future OU still sucks.

19 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I don’t see how they don’t go to Ames. A top 5 matchup. 

Also it’s 11:54 am on the east coast of America and I’m sorry to inform you even in the future OU still sucks.

Ames?  Iowa State has a bye week this week.  

I think we'll slide into the rankings right at #20, and OU should be comfortably in the Top 5.  So a Top-20 matchup isn't as sexy as a Top-5, but I think Gameday goes to Dallas especially with an ABC/ESPN property game. 

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Ames?  Iowa State has a bye week this week.  

I think we'll slide into the rankings right at #20, and OU should be comfortably in the Top 5.  So a Top-20 matchup isn't as sexy as a Top-5, but I think Gameday goes to Dallas especially with an ABC/ESPN property game. 

D’oh I meant Iowa City. Forgive me for mixing up a shithole for Ames. 

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

Some thoughts on the game from an OU perspective.

- The UT and OU defenses seem comparable on paper.
The Sooners run defense has improved. They held Deuce Vaughn to 3.4 y/c and 40% success rate. Leddie Brown went for 3.7 and 27%. Bijan is better than both, but we'll see if OU's DL can dominate like Arkansas's did.

From a positive perspective, OU isn't getting burned deep this year. However, OU's giving up 65% completion percentage, and much of it due to poor zone coverage by LB. OU missed their best safety (Turner-Yell) and a starting CB (Washington) versus KState. Washington is likely still out. Turner-Yell's availability will be key because OU replaces him with a guy who runs a 4.9 (Broiles). Washington's replaced by Davis, and he's okay but short so we'll see if UT can exploit that. The DBs haven't converted interception chances well this year either, including failing to convert any of their 3 chance vs KState.

OU's defensive 3rd down success rate is 38%, 40th among 65 P5 schools, mostly because of successful short passes on 3rd down where the LBs aren't communicating well.
In addition, teams are going for 4th down an average of 4 times a game vs OU (no W.Car), tied with Cincinnati for most in the country, and they've convert 11/16. This explains why OU's defense has had to face these really long drives this year.

Different from the Stoops era, OU rotates a lot of players at all levels so the 2nd half swoon the defense has seen in the past hasn't been present in the first 5 games.

- I think this is the first time UT will have the better offense in the Riley era (2015-present, seven games).
The OL has been spotty and flag-prone, and this is the biggest problem for the Sooners. The RBs have contributed to the problems in pass protection by blowing blitz pick up so OU's using a FB in the backfield on passing downs.

OU's missing the deep pass this year is due to OL issues decreasing the number of attempts, Rattler failing to see open receivers, and poor accuracy from Rattler. Rattler's arm velocity and accuracy have still been elite on short/intermediate throws. He's reacted poorly to pressure and has thrown off his back foot too much.

The RB room has 2 scholarship players, neither very big. Both are above average, but UT's got the best RB on the field this year again. For short yardage, expect Caleb Williams to come it, and FB Hall to get some carries.

The WR's are okay. One thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that the WR blocking has gotten worse over the last couple of years, limiting the bubble game and big plays off drags and other short completions. I think Willis has been underused.

- OU's favored, but only by 2.5 to -4.5, and the Sooners have lost to Texas as bigger favorites several times recently. These projections still factor in preseason expectations going into week six. OU's underperformance, especially on offense, will start really showing up in the numbers in the next couple of weeks.

As usual, this early October game sets the trajectory for both programs.

This is pretty honest self scouting and a definite credit to you and appreciated to be posted here. 
You are correct about the defenses I think, pretty similar. Also, Bijan is the best back on the field, OU receivers are better by a bit I think  (haven’t seen same inconsistency in hands I’ve seen with Texas, but they certainly aren’t game breakers) than Texas receiver, and neither OLine is great

This game is going to turn, as so many do, on who gets good QB play and who doesn’t. Both QB’s can tend to undervalue the ball, be careless and sloppy, miss deep balls All over the place, but also get clicking and put up points fairly easily, and also at a fairly high percentage of drives. 
now, go fill in favorite random insult directed to your parentage of your choice since this is hate week. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

Also isn't this posta be the MS-PAINT thread of dominance that spawned @THUJONE

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Paging @Wulaw Horn to the courtesy booth at the Starlight "Cocktail" Lounge. We have some homeless people that want to help you change your tire.

don’t know about that- maybe?

that weekend was about as bad as it gets brother. Just a beat down all the way around. After I wrote it up o got it emailed to me 3 times in the next year by people who didn’t know it was me which was kind of fun. 
It wasn’t the 1999 texas Nebraska and  texas Arizona hoops game bender but I doubt many people have had many OU weekend worse than that. 
fun fact- that was my last OU weekend as a single guy. 
it got redeemed later in 2009 when it was my first overnight date (third date overall) with my now wife. She has coined the phrase, after that trip, Dallas drunk, to describe any level of intoxication that cranks it up to an 11 on a 1-10 scale. She married me anyway 6 short weeks later so it worked out. For me at least. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is pretty honest self scouting and a definite credit to you and appreciated to be posted here. 
You are correct about the defenses I think, pretty similar. Also, Bijan is the best back on the field, OU receivers are better by a bit I think  (haven’t seen same inconsistency in hands I’ve seen with Texas, but they certainly aren’t game breakers) than Texas receiver, and neither OLine is great

This game is going to turn, as so many do, on who gets good QB play and who doesn’t. Both QB’s can tend to undervalue the ball, be careless and sloppy, miss deep balls All over the place, but also get clicking and put up points fairly easily, and also at a fairly high percentage of drives. 
now, go fill in favorite random insult directed to your parentage of your choice since this is hate week. 

Of course you're right about Rattler being lazy with his mechanics and giving away turnovers, but there are so many story lines this game. It may be boring to say, but I think the OL's will decide it.

OU's OL has been screwing up in new and interesting ways each game this year. If they put a good game together against what statistically appears to be a weak UT run defense, that may be enough to win it for OU. When OU can run the ball, that offense is tough.

On the opposite side, this will be the best passing game OU's faced. If the UT OL can keep Thompson clean, OU's back 7 probably won't hold up, especially without Turner-Yell and Washington.

The national media will focus on the new coach at UT and a new QB, a new QB who grew up an OU fan and who would be at OU if they'd have allowed him to be.

• Like 1