[Game Thread] Texas vs. ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I get we had the overthrow to Worthy on first down, it was the behavior from second down to third down when we let about :15 burn that was indicative of a coach who wasn’t being as aggressive as he could have been. But yes, Sark is a badass. 

That was more of a down shift. 

5 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Nice clock management there Sark.

I'll forgive him.  I imagine his head is spinning. First time in this rivalry.  Game plan working light years better than he expected it to...  Gotta feel a little intoxicating and hard to keep every thought together in his head.  But halftime will give him a chance to absorb it all and get back to work...   ...and then it is going to get real for sooner.  Poor sooner trailer trash.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

fuck the heisman.  I hope Bijan wins it and then tosses it in the trash at the ceremony.  

As much as I agree VY won it, you want cruits seeing horns on the commercials. The damn commercials are more important than the trophy lol.

• Like 1

There's a difference between playing safe and turtling. Playing safe is taking some shots but then walking out with points and not leaving time on the clock. Turtling is saying 15 points is enough let's just hand it off and fall down at the line of scrimmage to not throw an interception

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm so fucking happy that our days of worrying about suddenly not having an offense for an entire game is seemingly over. Those games in the past were the worst, where we'd go 3 and out for like 8 drives in a row, during the worst days of Mack Brown and Charlie Strong. Under Sark we score. Even against Arkansas, we still put up at least garbage time numbers and had some sustained drives.

We went a decade with the most dysfunctional offense in football, and all the great offensive sooth sayers like Bryan Harsin and Tom Herman couldn't make it run right. I'm so glad Sark seems to have us looking like a functional football team again.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

Think Casey tends to press a little on long throws. OL instability probably exacerbates it even on plays when he has time. I believe it was a similar thing for Card against Arky.

I'm just glad he doesn't get in the fetal position behind this junior high oline we have

1 minute ago, Lou_Sassle said:

We legitimately could be up 45 to 13 if the refs hadn't have fucked us on that out of bounds ou td drive.

more if they called OU for holding.   I mean front and back of jersey, pads pull should be easy to spot.  

• Hook 'Em 2