This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

This is who he is:

Hiring part of a D staff without a D coordinator being confirmed.
Not shitcanning that D coordinator(who can’t recruit and adjust the talent to his system) but then not addressing the D talent with a sense of urgency.
Always making excuses and rarely accepts blame.
Says aggy shjt like “we ran out of time”
No situational awareness at critical times
Sideline demeanor during adversity is scared and clueless
Got very lucky recruiting in 2022 due to Oregon’s situation but has lost some notable head to head battles.
He embraces the Hollywood culture of our program but no substance.
Poor road record
And more
He’s a loser

I hope he would be “the one” but his body of work is out there and he’s no spring chicken who can change. He is who he is.

He won’t get us over the hump and he will most likely suffer the same fate as his predecessors even though his staff overall is superior on paper.

Sark ain’t it!!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Sark called the perfect play on 3rd and 7. He can’t go out there and make the pass and catch too.

I guess the question is should it come to this?   They didn't execute a few plays, had some bad calls but why stray from what's working in multiple games (Tech) and why not put in the other qb when Ewers is borked? Just sit Ewers so he can collect himself and settle down.  He'll have off games but it's important to see it and maybe offset the defensive pressure with a more mobile qb or a change of pace guy that can throw the intermediate routes.    

Why didn't Texas use Sanders more today?  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Amazing how this mimics the last 2 coaches with how they stubbornly held on to coaches that Surly knew were anchors. Some physcologist should do a study on this phenomenon 

I think when they get hired they bring those with them that they feel helped them become successful.  And when it doesn't work initially, they probably figure it's a matter of changing the culture and getting the team familiar with their concepts.  Strong was kind of idiotic and plain negligent, Herman an egotistical ass hat that couldn't bear to adjust since he was always right, Herman needs to bear down on guys and make them work--alternate guys that are off and feed guys hungrier.  We're losing to flat out inferior teams, that can only fundamentally beat Texas.  They have to play to their strengths and be disciplined.  

10 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

If Gary Patterson was coach would we be 7-0?

I am thinking no, because Sonny Dykes has TCU undefeated and will probably end up that way in the regular season.   Dykes is a better head coach at this point in his career than Patterson 

• Hook 'Em 2

Leaving a struggling Ewers in was coaching malpractice. See what Dabo did today to spark his offense. 7 win Sark looked like a deer in headlights with no clue how to get out of the cycle of fuck we were in the second half. Maybe he needs to go back to hookers and coke or whatever the fuck he did to coach offense effectively. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

He’s a better coach than Strong and a better recruiter(and not as big an asshole) than Herman. Sark is safe as long as he gets to a bowl and Arch signs his NLI in December. Either of those don’t happen and this might be it. I hope not because I like the guy and I like his story.

Well said. I thought we would go 8-4 this year and win our bowl. We are still at least a year away, probably two. It sucks to say but is the reality I’m afraid. I hate to say it, but I would take 8-4 in a heartbeat at this point.

I really like Steve personally, too. I must say I remain concerned about blowing these first half leads. I worry that the adjustments at half time are not working, if any are being made at all.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Well said. I thought we would go 8-4 this year and win our bowl. We are still at least a year away, probably two. It sucks to say but is the reality I’m afraid. I hate to say it, but I would take 8-4 in a heartbeat at this point.

I really like Steve personally, too. I must say I remain concerned about blowing these first half leads. I worry that the adjustments at half time are not working, if any are being made at all.

I think he’s got it all scripted on the first half and then just…I have no idea but whatever the second half is happening it sucks.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Not saying that it is all of it but we have no depth.  Players get tired and hurt.  Until we have more and better depth we will struggle.  

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think he’s got it all scripted on the first half and then just…I have no idea but whatever the second half is happening it sucks.

Great at game planning, in game adjustments, not so much.

• Hook 'Em 3

it's weird, each of the 3 losses was very winnable.  Why do teams lose close games -- generally it's the defense can't get a stop.  Offense is variable in all sports. Defense wins championships.  The next 2 or 3 Texas losses will also be very close. 

today's loss in order of importance -- 1. D can't stop anything 2. Ewers can't hit anything 3. Coaches can't scheme to fix the first 2. 

When you have a bye week coming up, what the hell is the harm in bringing in Card to win that game then spending the bye week fixing Ewers issues? Now your team is mentally finished heading into a 2 week break & you have recruit coming off this L. This guy Sark is an enigma.

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

When you have a bye week coming up, what the hell is the harm in bringing in Card to win that game so your locker room isn't sulking during the bye and then spend the bye week fixing Ewers issues? This guy Sark is an enigma. 

There has to be stuff and if @closetojumpingisn’t dead I’d love to hear a take. 

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Sark called the perfect play on 3rd and 7. He can’t go out there and make the pass and catch too.

But he can decide who passes and who catches. He literally just saw his starting pitcher walk 17 straight batters including 6 wild pitches and said, fuck it let me bring him back out for the bottom of the ninth. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

There has to be stuff and if @closetojumpingisn’t dead I’d love to hear a take. 

Robison on the postgame said the team looked tight. That's how Sark looked on the sidelines all game. He looked uncomfortable, under pressure, unable to make the big boy decision. I swear it's Herman all over again in that aspect. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Robison on the postgame said the team looked tight. That's how Sark looked on the sidelines all game. He looked uncomfortable, under pressure, unable to make the big boy decision. I swear it's Herman all over again in that aspect. 

I imagine he looked tight because his QB was playing like shit and couldn’t execute any of the pass plays Sark was calling. How is a coach supposed to look when his QB is shitting the bed? Sark called a good game the plays were there just wasn’t executed, anybody saying this is on Sark is full of shit. We’ve seen these same plays executed by the same cast of characters.

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

But he can decide who passes and who catches. He literally just saw his starting pitcher walk 17 straight batters including 6 wild pitches and said, fuck it let me bring him back out for the bottom of the ninth. 

In preference for fucking who? We already know  Card brings even less to the table, no fucking thanks. What other receiver should have gotten more targets?

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I imagine he looked tight because his QB was playing like shit and couldn’t execute any of the pass plays Sark was calling. How is a coach supposed to look when his QB is shitting the bed? Sark called a good game the plays were there just wasn’t executed, anybody saying this is on Sark is full of shit. We’ve seen these same plays executed by the same cast of characters.

It's on Sark for not making a QB change after it was clear Quinn was not only off, but wasn't going to "figure it out" during the game. That was late 2nd quarter -> early 3rd quarter when it was obvious Quinn was going to be a liability the entire game.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Poor, powerless Sark. Clearly there was nothing he could have done in response to Ewers struggling. He's just an offensive coordinator after all, all he can do is call plays!

It's not like he's the fucking head coach who completely failed to have his hand-picked QB ready to execute his offense after a full week of practice. It's not like he had Bijan rushing 10 times for 45 yards in the second half and still decided to keep Ewers throwing to the tune of 6/17 in the second half. It's not like he had a backup who could have come in once it was obvious the offense would not score any longer as long as Ewers was at the helm.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

We have a decent, above average backup QB that's probably better than 90% of the backups in CFB. If your starting QB is showing the nips in his first true road game, then it's your fucking job as head coach to make the move to the backup instead of standing there looking constipated all game. Gottdamn, how can you absolve him of any blame if you just admitted the starting QB "could not execute the offense"?

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Can Sark coach the first half of games then get the fuck out of the way and disappear for the 2nd half? One thing has been consistent during the Sark era, blown second half leads and it's becoming tiresome. My expectations were tempered and realistic for the 2022 season, I never expected any better than 8-4. However, watching Texas continuously flame out in the same manner during the 2022 season as it did in the 2021 season is infuriating. The TTU/Okie St games should be wins, but Sark can't get out of his own way in the 2nd half of games.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

In preference for fucking who? We already know  Card brings even less to the table, no fucking thanks. What other receiver should have gotten more targets?

Obviously Ewers has a significantly higher ceiling than Card. But you think Card could have somehow done worse in the second half? 

Instead of pacing back and forth on the sidelines looking like he needed to take a shit, maybe Sark could have tried, you know, literally fucking anything when it became clear Plan A wasn't working.

Even great players can have an off game. It's on the coach to adjust when that happens.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Sark makes lots of “good” calls as a play caller that aren’t actually good because the risk reward is way fucking off for the game situation.  “But we had a guy open on that ball and they just didn’t connect.  That’s not a bad call.”   When it was the 20th post corner or wheel route or deep cross to the opposite hash on 3rd and 5 with a struggling QB, then yeah it is a bad call.  

It’s the same as last year.  He has no quick game once we get past the scripted plays that he will call in crunch time.  Sure, he will have a clever play or two he installs each week, like the fake motion throwback to Worthy today.  He will call a couple of token screens or flat passes.  But when we need something reliable, he doesn’t call for anything reliable.  It’s all boom or bust with a high degree of difficulty.

Where are the 8 yard curls, the guys settling into the soft spot of the zone at the sticks, the slant, quick out, intermediate fade, etc.?   Nothing is high percentage.  We throw wheel routes to RBs as our 4th down must have it play call, and our base offense is a simple decision tree of (a) run or (b) bombs away.  And since we don’t use the option or any QB run game or misdirection, the only real conflict we put defenders in is whether it’s going to be a play action pass instead of a run, and our play action fakes are complete shit in terms of looking like it could actually be a run.

We have a tremendous chalkboard offense, though.  If you get points for would have /could have/should have, we’d lead the nation in scoring.  Funny thing is how we actually score less with Sark than we did with Herman.  Kind of like how Mack and Greg Davis scored more than Mackovic (even in 98, before all the superstar recruits).  All that playcalling cleverness is severely mitigated if you’re too rigid and stubborn  to ever adjust.

Where was that RPO flat and wheel action? Haven’t seen him use it since ou game

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Sark makes lots of “good” calls as a play caller that aren’t actually good because the risk reward is way fucking off for the game situation.  “But we had a guy open on that ball and they just didn’t connect.  That’s not a bad call.”   When it was the 20th post corner or wheel route or deep cross to the opposite hash on 3rd and 5 with a struggling QB, then yeah it is a bad call.  

It’s the same as last year.  He has no quick game once we get past the scripted plays that he will call in crunch time.  Sure, he will have a clever play or two he installs each week, like the fake motion throwback to Worthy today.  He will call a couple of token screens or flat passes.  But when we need something reliable, he doesn’t call for anything reliable.  It’s all boom or bust with a high degree of difficulty.

Where are the 8 yard curls, the guys settling into the soft spot of the zone at the sticks, the slant, quick out, intermediate fade, etc.?   Nothing is high percentage.  We throw wheel routes to RBs as our 4th down must have it play call, and our base offense is a simple decision tree of (a) run or (b) bombs away.  And since we don’t use the option or any QB run game or misdirection, the only real conflict we put defenders in is whether it’s going to be a play action pass instead of a run, and our play action fakes are complete shit in terms of looking like it could actually be a run.

We have a tremendous chalkboard offense, though.  If you get points for would have /could have/should have, we’d lead the nation in scoring.  Funny thing is how we actually score less with Sark than we did with Herman.  Kind of like how Mack and Greg Davis scored more than Mackovic (even in 98, before all the superstar recruits).  All that playcalling cleverness is severely mitigated if you’re too rigid and stubborn to ever adjust or to just swallow your pride and accept you’re going to have to grind it out.  Even the dummies and fake Mensa dummies would try something different instead of just going down with the ship.

On the 4th down play there were easier high percentage throws that could have been made, particularly to Sanders. Ewers latched on to Bijan and didn’t come off of it because he didn’t even bother to read the safety. The call looked low percentage because of the QBs decision not because of the play call. 

48 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

We have a decent, above average backup QB that's probably better than 90% of the backups in CFB. If your starting QB is showing the nips in his first true road game, then it's your fucking job as head coach to make the move to the backup instead of standing there looking constipated all game. Gottdamn, how can you absolve him of any blame if you just admitted the starting QB "could not execute the offense"?

Because the back up QB is worse. 

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

We have a tremendous chalkboard offense, though.  If you get points for would have /could have/should have, we’d lead the nation in scoring.  Funny thing is how we actually score less with Sark than we did with Herman.  Kind of like how Mack and Greg Davis scored more than Mackovic (even in 98, before all the superstar recruits).  All that playcalling cleverness is severely mitigated if you’re too rigid and stubborn to ever adjust or to just swallow your pride and accept you’re going to have to grind it out.  Even the dummies and fake Mensa dummies would try something different instead of just going down with the ship.

I'm with you on that.  Scipio (Pawl) said in his podcast this week that the 4 and 2 go route against ISU was the proper call.  I mean it was open wasn't it?  But it is a low percentage play when you have to make it.  It didn't need to be inside zone or QB keeper but that he has no sense of proportion.

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

it's weird, each of the 3 losses was very winnable.  Why do teams lose close games -- generally it's the defense can't get a stop.  Offense is variable in all sports. Defense wins championships.  The next 2 or 3 Texas losses will also be very close. 

today's loss in order of importance -- 1. D can't stop anything 2. Ewers can't hit anything 3. Coaches can't scheme to fix the first 2. 

Yeah, but the defense was perfectly clean in the third quarter. That's when the offense should've created a little distance. Our 7-point halftime lead should've been 17+ by the time we made it to the fourth quarter.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The thing that gets me is that I believe roschon got one carry after his td run (I might be wrong about that). Sark talks about being a run-first team. He talks about being able to run the ball when the defense knows you are going to run it. If that is the case, particularly when you have a young qb who is clearly struggling, in a game where you knew the wind would be a factor of some sort, why does your undeniable team leader, and most physical runner, not run the football? Did I miss something? In the Herman era, the maddening tendency was—unsuccessful 1st down pass, 2nd down extremely predictable run to try to salvage some yards/possession time, then screen/draw on 3rd and long. Now it’s the opposite. Sark seems to pull the ripcord if the 1st down run doesn’t gain at least five yards and resorts to airing it out the next two downs. Going into the game, I thought the idea would be about 50 carries to about 25-30 passes given the wind,the vulnerability of osu inside, and sheer number of snaps they’ve played over the past couple of weeks. I mean, the only fucking road game the man has won at Texas came when he abandoned the pass game and let bijan win the fucking game. You’d think with a bye coming up, they could weather a few more hits.

Now, I’m going to go straight off the deep end here and give some psycho babble bullshit because I honestly am unsure how Sark’s game management can be so poor. The way he manages these second halves strikes me as the same sort of insatiable desire to chase the thrill that you see in addicts. The lack of impulse control a drug addict has chasing a high or a gambling addict has chasing a big payoff. I know it is a classic case of confirmation bias, but watching him continue to go to Quinn time after time after time reminded me of a degenerate gambler doubling down thinking his luck was about to change. In that way, I suppose Sark is certainly leaning heavily into his “all gas, no brakes” philosophy.

Theoretically, the calls could have been the optimal choice, maybe the throws were there to be made, but that is only half of the equation. At some point you have to adjust your decision making when additional information comes available. It doesn’t matter how many people are in the box if your qb cannot deliver the ball to the open receiver. All you are doing is giving the opponent more time to find a way to beat you. You wanna stick with Quinn despite his considerable struggles? Fine, let’s ride the running backs, shorten the game, maybe throw in a couple wildcat sets if need be and manage the field position battle. Willing to give card a shot with the full allotment of plays? Cool, get him in there. Maybe work some shorter timing-based plays that he is confident running. I know we hated seeing so many hitches or stick routes in the Strong era, but I think we could maybe tolerate a few more these days. To me, the easiest throw to make in a windy environment is one to a stationary target who can have both eyes on the ball and maybe actually shorten the distance between himself and the ball. Put it right on him. Granted, if everything is sailing, hitches ain’t gonna work either.

What bothers me the most in all of this is the fact that you know this is the last time you are going to have bijan and roschon. They have a handful of bullets left in the chamber in their time at Texas. To not fully lean on those two veteran guys in the second half of games where you have a lead seems like malpractice. You think bijan isn’t getting enough national attention? Feed him the fucking ball in a premier matchup against a top 25 opponent. Especially when the passing game, for whatever reason, just was not working. You have the best tandem in the country and roschon gets one carry after going 52 yards virtually untouched? I don’t understand how something like that happens. Heart and soul of your team.. Relegated to watching a freshman in his first true collegiate road game (first ever start out of state?) having possibly the worst day of his sporting career, struggle all the way to the finish line. I know he helped the rbs out a week ago when sark handed him the keys on 4th down, but those guys got it down there. Help the kid out. There is a way to win ugly, sark seems utterly repulsed by the idea of having to endure such torture. I don’t care if you are one play away from putting the game out of reach. It was evident early on that the likelihood of that play being made in the passing game was very slim. Scrap the haymakers, work the jab, move your feet, and win on the cards. 

Before the season, when considering what happened last year, I wondered if it was possible that Texas could go from one coach who was virtually identical to Scott Frost in terms of outward demeanor, to another coach who was virtually identical to him in terms of mental toughness/ability to finish..and which would ultimately be worse. I’m still unsure. I didn’t enjoy watching a fucking asshole get to 7-8 wins by consistently winning rock fights, but watching a more likable guy go .500 with these inexplicable second half collapses is fucking brutal. Like Mike Sherman brutal.

Anyway, rest up, longhorns. Plenty of time to get right and still make a run down the stretch in spite of my tepid view of the head coach’s ability to win close games. Quinn, whatever the fuck you’ve been doing the past two weeks, for god’s sake, please stop fucking doing it. You’ve got people calling for Hudson to play, and it is seriously causing the very few people not pissed off by your own poor performance to lose their fucking minds and heap effusive praise upon 5-star backup Cade Klubnik, who went 2-4 for 19 yards and was helped out by a dumb personal foul on 3rd and 25 and another dumb penalty later in the drive which led to Clemson cutting the Syracuse lead from 11 to 5, then handed off to a guy who ran 50 yards for what was ultimately the game-winning td, as if it was some heroic effort that mere mortals (or measly third year 4-stars) could not possibly replicate (to say nothing of the head coach who made an executive decision to pull his struggling starter and lean heavily on a superior run game to grind the game down). It’s as ridiculous as the length of this screed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

I guess the question is should it come to this?   They didn't execute a few plays, had some bad calls but why stray from what's working in multiple games (Tech) and why not put in the other qb when Ewers is borked? Just sit Ewers so he can collect himself and settle down.  He'll have off games but it's important to see it and maybe offset the defensive pressure with a more mobile qb or a change of pace guy that can throw the intermediate routes.    

Why didn't Texas use Sanders more today?  

You stray from what's working when it quits working. We saw an opportunity to run counter against their front. They adjusted and started stuffing it. We adjusted and went unbalanced. They adjusted and started creeping up. At that point we needed to hit on some throws to back them off and we couldn't. If you pull your starting QB you hurt his confidence. Simple as that. You guys memory of what Card can do is off. Sanders caught 6 balls for 76 and we targeted him more than that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

CBS has it about right …

Losers

Texas: The hype train is officially off the rails after the Longhorns blew another second-half lead in a 41-34 loss on the road against No. 11 Oklahoma State. Texas was favored by nearly a touchdown against a banged up Cowboys squad, but Quinn Ewers picked a bad time to have a miserable game. Ewers completed just 38% of his passes with three interceptions in his first road start as the senior Spencer Sanders outplayed him in every facet. The Longhorns were held to just three points across the entire second half and gave up 17 unanswered points. They now enter a difficult final stretch with four losable games and two ranked opponents remaining. Steve Sarkisian has lost four games every year as a head coach, and the 'Horns are right on track. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

7 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

With all the DB injuries in this game, it's not right to say the defense lost.

Sark, Ewers and the offense lost this game.

• 31pts in the 1st half
  • Only 3pts in the 2nd half
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Thatguy said:

And yet here YOU are, not realizing it's going to take a couple seasons to get where we wanna be. 

Oh I get it. You’re THAT GUY. Well don’t be that guy ok. Sark is strong and Herman who has a shit ton of excuses why they can’t win games like you’re doing for sark. We pay him to win games not to blow leads then say “yea but but the receivers and the qb and my roster”.

Wasn’t it against okie lite he had 1 yard in the 4th qtr and we blew the lead and lost? He sucks. 

Edited by Rockethorn1978
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm finally through gleefully pawing through a big box of horse shit expecting to find a pony. I salute those few here who are still optimistic and expect this to all turn out fine, but everyone has his tolerance limit and I've reached mine. I hope CDC reached his a while ago and has already begun preparing a short list of viable candidates--maybe not for after this year, but certainly after 2023. Or maybe the guy's already on campus, I don't know. What I do know is that this just isn't working out.

This isn't working out.png

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

On the 4th down play there were easier high percentage throws that could have been made, particularly to Sanders. Ewers latched on to Bijan and didn’t come off of it because he didn’t even bother to read the safety. The call looked low percentage because of the QBs decision not because of the play call. 

Which coach is responsible for correcting that?

The defense, despite injuries to Watts and Cook, is a major catalyst as why the game was lost. We played one solid quarter of defense. We can’t stop dick on 3rd down. Our pass rush is nonexistent unless we blitz, tackling is still a major issue, and frankly we’re a dumb defensive unit. Of the 14 penalties that were called on us, 3 were offensive penalties? We can’t cover anybody down the field without interference, or at least make enough contact to draw an iffy flag.

When we made it 31-17 with 3:30 minutes left in he first half, they went 85 yds on 4 plays in roughly 1 minute. It consisted of a 23 yd completion, a 53 yd run (where instead tackling the guy we’re running with him the last 20 yds trying to dislodge the ball), a PI that sets them up at the 2yd line, ending with a walk in 2 yd TD. 

Look, I get that the offense was atrocious in the second half. No argument here, but the defense was at the very least, equally as bad throughout the entire game.

I would have loved to see more quick screens to WR in the second half when they were selling out to stop the run. I can’t remember if it was the 2Q or 3Q when we gained 30 yards on the pass to Brennan Thompson but I do know we never tried it again after that play. Get the ball into your athlete’s hands in space and force the defender to make a tackle. Whittington is a blocking machine on the edge. Also, it might settle your QB down a little bit to complete some easy throws.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

The defense, despite injuries to Watts and Cook, is a major catalyst as why the game was lost. We played one solid quarter of defense. We can’t stop dick on 3rd down. Our pass rush is nonexistent unless we blitz, tackling is still a major issue, and frankly we’re a dumb defensive unit. Of the 14 penalties that were called on us, 3 were offensive penalties? We can’t cover anybody down the field without interference, or at least make enough contact to draw an iffy flag.

When we made it 31-17 with 3:30 minutes left in he first half, they went 85 yds on 4 plays in roughly 1 minute. It consisted of a 23 yd completion, a 53 yd run (where instead tackling the guy we’re running with him the last 20 yds trying to dislodge the ball), a PI that sets them up at the 2yd line, ending with a walk in 2 yd TD. 

Look, I get that the offense was atrocious in the second half. No argument here, but the defense was at the very least, equally as bad throughout the entire game.

I cringe when we reach 3rd and 8+ because I just know they’re going to complete a pass beyond the sticks while our LB/secondary play zone 15 yards downfield.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

You stray from what's working when it quits working. We saw an opportunity to run counter against their front. They adjusted and started stuffing it. We adjusted and went unbalanced. They adjusted and started creeping up. At that point we needed to hit on some throws to back them off and we couldn't. If you pull your starting QB you hurt his confidence. Simple as that. You guys memory of what Card can do is off. Sanders caught 6 balls for 76 and we targeted him more than that. 

You’re right, what happened yesterday cannot possibly affect his confidence.

That’s why you see MLB managers leave HOF level professional pitchers in the game when it’s clear they can’t hit the strike zone. Their confidence (and thus that of a fr collegiate QB) is completely unshakable based on their own performance. It can only be shaken by being pulled from a game.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea but but but they stacked the box!!! We don’t pay sark to figure out how to counter what a team does. Really it’s just not fair. They were being mean to sark and loaded the box!! 

It seems like Sark is excellent at scheming for an opponent’s defense when he has all week to study film and come up with a plan. See the 1H TD to Worthy where we used motion and then reversal at the snap to punish their aggressiveness and get him completely wide open for a walk in TD.

But once the defense adjusts at half he is like a deer in the headlights. Just kneels down with his play card and makes notes while we run exactly what the defensive coordinator is trying to force us into.

We may need a “special assistant to the HC” on the offensive side of the ball to help make adjustments at half. Not sure Sark’s ego would allow it though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, US183 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/weber-state-long-snapper-airmails-four-snaps-all-resulting-in-safeties

At least we don’t have long snapper problems. 4 airmailed snaps in a row, all for safeties. 

Well don't give em any ideas.  We've pretty much found every other way to f up a game for 10+ years