Texas opens as a 6 point favorite v Oklahoma State

TexasMan

10 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Seems like it should be a Pick Em game but Vegas gotta clear out the suckers and probably figure there are more on the undefeated and rested OSU side of the aisle.  

They have really shitty history against us. 

I'm generally confident in the way this team performs when they can communicate. Road environments make it much harder for guys to get on the same page and we get those pre-snap penalties on offense.

I'm hoping the defense gets dragged all week and comes out looking to prove something as well. We can stop the run enough to limit consistent success, we just need to get Sanders throwing the ball because he will throw it to us. 

Rattler and Williams threw it to us, but Foster and Dunn just had a hard time finding Williams' arm punts.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ousux said:

Last time we lost the team came out pissed off and mudholed Tceh, same is in store for the pokes. We've been on the road two straight weeks, coming back home with a few shoulder chips..

Stop.  You are making me get my hopes up again.  Any more sunshine and I’ll channel my inner aggy and start charting the path to the playoffs with 2 losses. 

Stop.  You are making me get my hopes up again.  Any more sunshine and I’ll channel my inner aggy and start charting the path to the playoffs with 2 losses. 
I'm gonna buy a flip phone just so I can whip it out in front of my dirt burglar coworkers and book flight/hotel for Indy Jan 10th.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I doubt if winning out would put us in the CFP.  In they likely event we win out it would be the Sugar Bowl

Unless 2021 goes full 2007, 2-loss Texas isn’t making the playoffs. The Big 12 would just get left out for SEC1, SEC2, B1G and Cincinnati 

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Unless 2021 goes full 2007, 2-loss Texas isn’t making the playoffs. The Big 12 would just get left out for SEC1, SEC2, B1G and Cincinnati 

Making the playoff.  I think the team has potential, but after 25 years in this rigged conference!  You need to put the bottle down for awhile.

Offense is going to have to play really well, either dominating TOP or scoring 50. This defense simply isn’t going to stop anyone not named Kansas. OSU has a solid defense and will rush for over 200 yards if the Texas offense doesn’t play keep away. They can absolutely win if Texas is on an emotional hangover. That would start a really bad spiral for this season and spoil a big recruiting weekend. This is a really important game for Sark.

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

They have really shitty history against us

Okie lite has won a lot of games at DKR...

Be sure to check the referee roster for this game...      FUCK 2015 Officiating Crew

2015 Texas vs Oklahoma State officiating

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Dang I was wondering why a barely or not ranked TX would be favored over a  #12 okst.  But then I saw that okst hasn’t played anyone worth a shit. 

Damn they really haven’t. Their best win by a mile is beating K State by 11 in Stillwater.

Their defense does seem pretty good.  Most points given up all year is 23 and I wouldn’t say they’ve played nobody.

Not having Whittington really hurts us as far as extending drives against a sound defense.   I’m thinking we will probably score about 28 on them maybe 35.  I just don’t have any faith that our adjustment-free DC can consistently stop them.  This feels like a close game and the -6 seems nuts. 

8 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

4th goddamn 11am kick in a row. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Big recruiting visitors weekend -- if HORNS Win, it's awesome that it's an 11am kickoff because the TEXAS coaches can spend a lot more time with the visiting recruits.

Also really glad that a bye week follows this okie lite game...  

15 hours ago, Assman said:

I hate to be that guy, but I expect a full-on butt fucking from the officials.  The last thing the Big12 Bobs want to see is us and ousux in the conference championship game the same year we told them to get fucked. 

Would they rather have a bedlam rematch the very next week?  THATS shitty