Texas BBQ

Washpark

My twins are 7th generation Texans.

Yeah, well my girls are 8th generation Texans and also Brazilian dual citizens, so there!

Really though, I don’t care if someone is native, not, or multi generational, but the definition of “native” is very straight forward. She is not a native Texan and shouldn’t have that sound bite in the intro of the show. Just gets her off on the wrong foot with folks.

Some of the episodes are pretty good but overall, not a great show.

3 hours ago, texasdago said:

Sorry... if you weren't born here, you're not a native Texan.  Been here for decades but I'm not a native Texan.  My boys?  Native Texans.  Doesn't matter who your family is.

Agreed.

Could say something like, "I wasn't born here, but I've lived here X amount of my life...  I got here as quickly as I could"

False claims just turn people off.  Be who you be...

Shit.  I started to join the bragging war to state that my kids were 9th generation Texans; however, I just remembered all three were born in Tennessee while I lived there.  F that.

James Clinton Neill (Come and Take It flag/Gonzales) + 2nd + 3rd + 4th + my great-grandfather (5th) + my grandfather (6th) + my mom (7th) + me (8th).  Then I went and had kids out of state.  Dammit.

39 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Shit.  I started to join the bragging war to state that my kids were 9th generation Texans; however, I just remembered all three were born in Tennessee while I lived there.  F that.

James Clinton Neill (Come and Take It flag/Gonzales) + 2nd + 3rd + 4th + my great-grandfather (5th) + my grandfather (6th) + my mom (7th) + me (8th).  Then I went and had kids out of state.  Dammit.

abort them and have a new one

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

True.  IMHO, if you arrived in Texas prior to 7th grade, the year Texas history is taught in all Texas public schools, then you can claim Naturalized Texas.

That's fair... claim naturalized but she needs to take that native designation off her bio.  

IMDB says, "The youngest of three children, Kelsey Pribilski was born into a military family in Augusta, Georgia. Her family relocated several times, to Arizona, Virginia, and Kansas and back home to Texas in the late 1990's where Kelsey has spent most of her life." 

How do you say "back" home to Texas when you are just getting there?  

• Like 1

Was in Cedar Park today so went by the new Stiles Switch.  Very much “Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss,” which is to say the que is good, but not Top 5 Austin.MOist brisket was good.  Sausage was fine, though a tad dry. Pulled pork was fine, but a bit under-seasoned.  Beef rib was outstanding, however.  I think the beef ribs are the best thing they do, and they have them every day.  Corn casserole is one of the better sides in town
A61-A564-F-5-FB8-4469-B305-19-D314978-EDB.jpg
EVERY time I have been to Stiles out here @ Belterra, it has been way too salty.

Also, their pricing & sales system is fucked up... can't simply say "3 slices of this / 2 ribs / ½ link" or "approx. ½ lb. of this, 1 lb. of that", etc.

The "Switch" is that they are trying to "switch it up".

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I love Snows.
I love Tootsie and Kerry.
There is zero chance I am going to get up early enough to get to Lexington at 535 AM.
100/100 times I am going to go to somewhere else.
I am so happy they are doing so well, I loved the Chef's Table but...
I am planning on a run to Snow's next Saturday, 12 Dec.

We are around 17 min. S.E. of 12 & 290... 33 min. SW of the Y intersection in Oak Hill.

Am I gonna need to leave the house @ 0600 to even have a reasonable chance?

I have a metal roof to check out in Lexington & figured I would drop off my daughter & her boyfriend to wait in line while I go to spend maybe 1... 1½ hrs @ the house, then go back to reconnect with them.

What time do the doors open & if it's cold outside, what are the odds this will affect the # of people?

The Heroes of Texas came HERE from Tennessee, but noooo... you had to go & fuck that up in reverse.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

I am planning on a run to Snow's next Saturday, 12 Dec.

We are around 17 min. S.E. of 12 & 290... 33 min. SW of the Y intersection in Oak Hill.

Am I gonna need to leave the house @ 0600 to even have a reasonable chance?

I have a metal roof to check out in Lexington & figured I would drop off my daughter & her boyfriend to wait in line while I go to spend maybe 1... 1½ hrs @ the house, then go back to reconnect with them.

What time do the doors open & if it's cold outside, what are the odds this will affect the # of people?

i'm not the right one to ask there, sorry man...hopefully it won't be too bad? doors open at 8 i believe.

this is from their FB re: days open

Snow's BBQ will be OPEN the Saturday after Thanksgiving (Nov 28). We will be CLOSED the day after Christmas (Dec 26), and we will be OPEN January 2, 2021. Help spread the word! Also, whenever in doubt, check here or Instagram, send an email or call.

On 12/3/2020 at 6:39 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

They followed the path of Davy Crockett 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/3/2020 at 6:39 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

It’s not too late.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:22 PM, BradInATX said:

Black's ships nationally now if anyone is so inclined. My clients all got the big variety pack for holiday gifts this year and they were a home run smashed out of the park. My buddy at one said it all reheats really well if you do it per the instructions that come with it.

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2020/06/17/terry-blacks-barbecue-moves-into-tom-thumb-grocery-stores-in-dallas/

Also, Black's opened a store in Deep Ellum in Dallas.  Maybe in the spring.