November 13 7:00 p.m. No. 12 Oklahoma State  
  • Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium
  • Austin, TX
ABC L 16–33 100,659[10

Aka murderor’s Row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

Just wanna crowdsource some stuff:

Do y'all think that our players know that we're a fucking joke? Do you think that they know that we've been a joke for like 10 fucking seasons now? 

I mean literally the entire country has been laughing at us at least since the 2018 Sugar Bowl and they were probably laughing plenty before then.

To me - it's clear that fucking no one under the sun respects Texas football and yet we somehow can't get any of our fucking players to give enough of a shit to try and disprove that. 

So what's the fucking issue? Is playing for Texas just some fughezi destination for these kids and they don't give a shit what happens once they get here? 

Because we're still putting decent talent into the NFL. It just seems like no one actually gives a shit to play for the letters on the front of their jersey while they're in Austin. 

I'd really like to believe it's a coaching issue but you know what - I'm not buying that this season. I think Sark has actually done a lot of really good things to put these kids in a position to win and yet at the end of the day they fucking trip over their own dicks and blow games like they have for almost 15 fucking years. 

I don't know. I don't know what the solution is other than accepting that this shit is irreparable and Texas is just a pussywhipped, country-club cultured program full of fucking losers. Because that's what it seems like right now. 

We are a fucking national embarrassment to basically the highest degree that college football allows and it's only getting worse the further we distance ourselves from our last national title game appearance. 

I guess my last hope is that this staff brings in some kids that don't fucking jerk their dicks in front of the mirror instead of playing nasty and can run their system because if that fails and we go fishing again I think I might be over it and just give up on this entire charade. 

Fuck me this fucking blows. And fuck ISU I hope we win by 30. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Literally 99.9% of the entire country doesn’t spend two seconds thinking of us.  

Pretty much this.  And of the .1% that does think of Texas, they're laughing at us for multiple reasons.  Thankfully our school is improving by leaps and bounds in terms of academic/research/prestige.  But everything else within our borders is a fucking laughing stock.  If this has not been your experience, you don't talk to enough people in other states in positions of power. 

I just hope we become bowl eligible.  Even though I am disappointed by this tragedy.  I see some bright lights of brilliance that is a glimmer of hope for the future.  I do want to watch more games.  As painful as they may be.
As crazy as this sounds, if we do manage to limp into some shit bowl...I'd trust Herman to get the team prepped to play more than Sark, and it's not a good feeling.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, Domedriver said:
I just hope we become bowl eligible.  Even though I am disappointed by this tragedy.  I see some bright lights of brilliance that is a glimmer of hope for the future.  I do want to watch more games.  As painful as they may be.

As crazy as this sounds, if we do manage to limp into some shit bowl...I'd trust Herman to get the team prepped to play more than Sark, and it's not a good feeling.

The dreaded "we should have just kept Tom until a big name became available" argument look good right about now. Would've at least saved us some money.

I think this is going to be a repeat of Arkansas.  ISU D eats our OL alive and our D hangs for awhile and eventually collapses. Card comes in and gets a late meaningless TD against their backups.  And then he's named starter as we fight for bowl eligibility.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

44 minutes ago, Skipper said:

How exactly did Iowa St. fuck up that game against WVU for anyone that watched?  I get that WVU has been a bit all over the place this season.   Looking at box score they even got a pick 6 and lost.

Maybe, just maybe, Matt Campbell and ISU are a little overrated…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Going to be a cold Iowa night for our guys. I hope the trainers keep our team warm with heated blankets and hot cocoa on the sideline, and don’t forget the mini marshmallows!

Better get those touchscreen friendly gloves so they can keep their Instagram accounts up to date while getting their asses kicked!

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Pretty much this.  And of the .1% that does think of Texas, they're laughing at us for multiple reasons.  Thankfully our school is improving by leaps and bounds in terms of academic/research/prestige.  But everything else within our borders is a fucking laughing stock.  If this has not been your experience, you don't talk to enough people in other states in positions of power. 

its been a beating of a decade in the main 2 sports the general public cares about.  of course Texas cares about  baseball and has turned over the last few years(Pierce is doing a very good job).

It would be nice to be consistently top 10-15 in football and basketball to round out the rest of the ath dept.  I don't think that is an unreasonable ask.

16 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Osu is their best win, and better than anything we can offer, but I can't say I have been impressed the few minutes I have watched them play.  While I don't expect to win, I wouldn't be shocked. And I would be surprised if it's a blowout either way. 

No, not this week. This is when they get back on track and show the potential the talking heads were talking about pre season.

Guys, even if the team digs deep and plays a good game this Saturday, is anyone under the illusion Big12 refs are going to let us walk out of Ames fucking Iowa with more points than the clones? J Grays goalline fumble years ago was either incompetence or doing Mack a solid...we arent getting that ever again in the Big12.

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Osu is their best win, and better than anything we can offer, but I can't say I have been impressed the few minutes I have watched them play.  While I don't expect to win, I wouldn't be shocked. And I would be surprised if it's a blowout either way. 

I mean they’re fully capable of kicking the shit out of us, but they’re not the juggernaut all of the preseason hype made them out to be.

24 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I mean they’re fully capable of kicking the shit out of us, but they’re not the juggernaut all of the preseason hype made them out to be.

Yeah, I'm sure they will be pissed off and fired up to beat Texas but from an expectations standpoint their season is probably more disappointing than ours.  They returned everyone and legitimately expected to compete for a playoff spot this year.

6 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

What’s Mike Rose’s injury anyway?

Not that it matters or will affect the outcome at all…

Found this report prior to West Virginia game -- and Mike Rose couldn't go in that game...

Campbell also explained what has been ailing Rose:  

"Just dealing with it just a couple things, almost more so structurally than he is anything in terms of a break or sprain or anything like that," Campbell added. "I think just kind of some nerve stuff that he's dealing with, but really responded fantastically. Was awesome on [Saturday] and was tremendous [on Monday]."

And this on Tuesday, Nov 2nd...

With a game against Texas on the horizon, both Mike Rose and Jared Rus are looking to get closer to full health. Rose had his streak of 45-consecutive starts end on Saturday when he missed Iowa State’s loss to West Virginia due to a nerve-related injury.   During his weekly press conference on Tuesday, Matt Campbell gave an update on Rose’s status with the Texas game days away.

“I really think Mike was in a lot better spot on Sunday and Monday, than obviously where he was last week,” Campbell said. “I thought Mike was really close to playing in the game on Saturday, really worked hard to get himself back. Anything obviously can happen between now and Saturday. But I certainly think he's trending towards being ready to go for this coming Saturday."

Rose apparently warmed up ahead of Saturday’s game in Morgantown but was unable to go. 

On 11/1/2021 at 3:50 PM, Skipper said:

How exactly did Iowa St. fuck up that game against WVU for anyone that watched?  I get that WVU has been a bit all over the place this season.   Looking at box score they even got a pick 6 and lost.

I didn't see it, may need @Al_4_ISU to fill in the gaps.   But on the twitters I caught something about a 21 point swing near the end of the game on some suspect calls due to ESPN+'s replay deficiencies.   

I didn't see it, may need [mention=1238]Al_4_ISU[/mention] to fill in the gaps.   But on the twitters I caught something about a 21 point swing near the end of the game on some suspect calls due to ESPN+'s replay deficiencies.   

Yeah, WVU scored two TDs that shouldn’t have counted and we had one that should have stood taken off the board, and that was a fumble into the end zone which gave WVU the bowl. ESPN+ was blamed, but I saw conclusive camera angles for all of these things. The refs just sucked.

Not having Mike Rose was a bigger problem. Our defense was ass without him.

4 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, WVU scored two TDs that shouldn’t have counted and we had one that should have stood taken off the board, and that was a fumble into the end zone which gave WVU the bowl. ESPN+ was blamed, but I saw conclusive camera angles for all of these things. The refs just sucked.

Not having Mike Rose was a bigger problem. Our defense was ass without him.

You win for fastest call to answer in the history of message boards.  That was nuts.

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Just sitting here waiting for the combine, scrolling my phone and got a notification. The days get long and boring after a couple months, and even the most detached and trivial human interactions become very important.

5c320330fb8079c717e1e635f5c1024d.jpg

I've almost missed the combine coming back around quite a few times while surfing shaggy/surly. 

• Like 1

I've almost missed the combine coming back around quite a few times while surfing shaggy/surly. 

I’ve learned to be very cagey on my phone use. If you fuck up because you were dicking around, it looks pretty bad.

When my old man was in the combine, I used to lie to him about ISU kick times because if I was 10’’ out of position on a Saturday he’d bitch “we’re here to pick corn, not watch football”. It was always fun to catch him pulling that card when the game wasn’t even on.
  • Haha 6

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

I’ve learned to be very cagey on my phone use. If you fuck up because you were dicking around, it looks pretty bad.

When my old man was in the combine, I used to lie to him about ISU kick times because if I was 10’’ out of position on a Saturday he’d bitch “we’re here to pick corn, not watch football”. It was always fun to catch him pulling that card when the game wasn’t even on.

My B-I-L is extremely impatient. Nevermind that I am a central Texas kid who never sat in a combine until I was in my late 30s, if I don't hit the exact correct MPH and spacing from the combine, he'll rip me a new one. I wouldn't even mention watching football to him.

Hate that I'm not up there this week. I need to be home on Sunday and the 6-day window and night game screwed me. 

• Hook 'Em 1