Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Just now, Dbeasy said:

That’s where my head is starting to go. If Matt Campbell is the choice then you have to just try to get recruits to wait for the announcement. If it’s Urban, you could actually bring him in Tuesday. He already likes Ash.

Matt Campbell is not going to quit his current job during the season when he is in a good position to win the conference. For him at least you have to wait for the end of the season. Only someone like Meyer who is currently not coaching can be hired right now. 

That’s not what I meant. If it’s Campbell then obviously you have to wait to the end of the season.

If it’s Urban, then why not do it now? I realize this is a crazy idea that’s never been done before, as far as I am aware, but I’d they do want him, why not now ?

10 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

We aren’t fucking firing Tom Herman today and hiring urban Meyer tomorrow dummies

no shit, you do it Monday. Then Tuesday becomes the big day.

shit, do it midway through the Rewind taping. Like have Herman review the game with Lowell and then announce that he's gone when you come back from commercial break.

Edited by Viper
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

no shit, you do it Monday. Then Tuesday becomes the big day.

shit, do it midway through the Rewind taping. Like have Herman review the game with Lowell and then announce that he's gone when you come back from commercial break.

There is no other right way to do it.  Thots and prayers this happens

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

image.png

(he's talking about Herman, obviously)

What the fuck does Nahlin know? They’ve pumped koolaid almost every fall camp since Herman has been here. They’re the leaders of the “this team is tough and full of high character guys”. Fuck IT they’re clueless 

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

What the fuck does Nahlin know? They’ve pumped koolaid almost every fall camp since Herman has been here. They’re the leaders of the “this team is tough and full of high character guys”. Fuck IT they’re clueless 

They've also said since the summer that the biggest question was whether or not Herman could change his mentality. On paper this team should be miles better than it is.

3 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

They've also said since the summer that the biggest question was whether or not Herman could change his mentality. On paper this team should be miles better than it is.

I don't believe that 9.95ers would hedge like that.  Not at all. "Might be the best team in years unless it's not."

8 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Herman has definitely lost the team (and I'm not sure he ever really got them back after the Iowa State loss last year), but I'm not sure how the players not staying on the field for the Eyes plays into that. Not like the discussion surrounding the Eyes is somehow Herman's fault.

But if Nahlin is also saying that Herman's status is imperiled by BMDs being upset about players not participating in the Eyes...well that's almost certainly accurate.