Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Other than posting a picture of his dick?

Generally being an unlikable asshole with very suspect information he flaunted as truth and a racist?  He was busted more than once making shit up. Fuck that wt asshole

@futureman he wasn't talking about you here, though I understand the confusion

From Roach's hidden quote section above:

"if there was to be a coaching change it can only get better.  That's the way I see it."  

That was said by a recruit/signee about Herman. That is what this team was up again in recruiting.

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Siap speculation this guy may be added   LSU was offering blue shirt. 

[Cole Lourd 
photo]

What's a "Blue Shirt"?

I know what a gray shirt is, just not a blue one.

Thanks

I hope this has been a learning experience for us all..... a cautionary tale. Next time a slick, smooth talking charlatan comes through with a flashy name like “Carl” and gets you rubes moist with promises of inside information and getting our glizzy sucked, I hope we’ll look at that with a modicum of skepticism, lest we end up looking like fuccbois again.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

What's a "Blue Shirt"?

I know what a gray shirt is, just not a blue one.

Thanks

http://archive.knoxnews.com/sports/vols/football/blueshirt-what-exactly-is-that-ep-915219516-353597791.html?d=mobile

Blue-shirting is an approach pioneered by New Mexico State, which used it recruiting junior college players. The NCAA allows athletes who were "not recruited" to arrive on campus as walk-ons, accept scholarships at the beginning of preseason practice and be counted against the next recruiting class instead of the incoming one. Note: An athlete is only considered to have been "recruited" if he takes an official visit to campus, accepts an in-home visit from the coaching staff or signs a National Letter of Intent or other athletic-based financial aid agreement before arriving on campus.

• Hook 'Em 3

Mike at Night: Putting a bow on the 2021 cycle

— What a year it was. I can remember this time last year being in Bastrop for Alfred Collins' commitment. I'm not sure I could have ever anticipated what would happen in the next year. Texas was always going to be in for a fight with a new staff, but they were doing well when hosting guys on campus. Fast forward to the end of February. I had just come home from Pylon Las Vegas and skipped a weekend trip to Houston the next week telling my wife that the next few months would be crazy. The next week, COVID-19 shut down the recruiting world and most of the real world. After spending weeks talking about "when things open up" or "when things were back to normal," it started to set in that this recruiting class would be different.

— I feel for the kids in the 2021 class. I know people don't have a ton of sympathy for high-level athletes who get free college, but the recruiting world has its positives and negatives. Usually, the negatives are balanced out by all of the cool stuff you get to do like national camps, official visits, and All-American games. This year's class got all of the fuss and none of the fun. Listening to kids talk about holding out hope for most of the year that visits would be reinstated was tough. I hope they all made the right decisions with what they had at their disposal.

— When you look at some of the recruiting battles Texas lost, I think this program was humbled on several fronts. Texas shouldn't be losing to SMU, Arizona State, and Mississippi State. I don't anticipate seeing that with this staff. Tom Herman had the chance to hire some difference-makers last year, but he didn't. The offensive class paid for it, and the defensive class wasn't up to standards.

— Recruiting is a results-oriented business, so there is really no room for moral victories. That said, I thought there were some encouraging signs for this staff. Texas closed on a kid whose potential I love in David Abiara, and Kyle Flood made a really strong run at Austin Uke. Combine that with the early feedback I've heard on most of the coaches, especially Flood, and I think there's a lot to be excited about going into 2022.

• Hook 'Em 1

Google search on the Cali QB, Cole Lourd, shows an article from yesterday suggesting that LSU was expected to sign him today, and that the kid has deep Cajun roots. Today there’s report that he has extended his signing timeline for a few days. With reports now that he is considering UT, seems telling. My guess is 60/40, Horns. That’ll be 9.95

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Kid can sling it. He’s all arm, though.

In my not-so-expert opinion, Charles White (Austin High/December signee)'s junior year HUDL looked better than Cole Lourd (Brentwood QB)'s junior HUDL.

Charles' advantages:
-Harder Thrower
-Quicker Release
-Played against better competition

Cole's advantages:
-Bigger (height & bulk)
-Stronger/faster runner

Charles is listed as 6'1', but I doubt that he's quite 6'0" in his barefoot. Cole is listed at 6'2", but is probably about 6' 1/2".

For either of these guys to get an opportunity to learn under Sark for 3 years while they get an accelerated degree and then go start for 2 years somewhere else while earning a grad degree would be totally worth it. I think that you'd like to have 4 arms throwing during preseason, so it would be nice to have Cole come on board.

I feel like 2nd string is the ceiling for either of these guys. Like smaller versions of Mac Jones.

I am not an expert evaluator of talent, so I'll leave this hear and let someone else correct me.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

In my not-so-expert opinion, Charles White (Austin High/December signee)'s junior year HUDL looked better than Cole Lourd (Brentwood QB)'s junior HUDL.

Charles' advantages:
-Harder Thrower
-Quicker Release

Cole's advantages:
-Bigger (height & bulk)
-Stronger/faster runner

Charles is listed as 6'1', but I doubt that he's quite 6'0" in his barefoot. Cole is listed at 6'2", but is probably about 6' 1/2".

For either of these guys to get an opportunity to learn under Sark for 3 years while they get an accelerated degree and then go start for 2 years somewhere else while earning a grad degree would be totally worth it. I think that you'd like to have 4 arms throwing during preseason, so it would be nice to have Cole come on board.

I feel like 2nd string is the ceiling for either of these guys. Like smaller versions of Mac Jones.

I am not an expert evaluator of talent, so I'll leave this hear and let someone else correct me.

I enjoyed your analysis. My problem with really thinking about either guy as anything more than roster fodder is that I start to feel like we’re just buttering a turd biscuit, but hell, maybe Wright turns out to be the second coming of Colt McCoy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, DeweyCox said:

Google search on the Cali QB, Cole Lourd, shows an article from yesterday suggesting that LSU was expected to sign him today, and that the kid has deep Cajun roots. Today there’s report that he has extended his signing timeline for a few days. With reports now that he is considering UT, seems telling. My guess is 60/40, Horns. That’ll be 9.95

His dad’s side is LSU. His mom’s side is Texas (he’s a Moffett)

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Charles' advantages:
-Harder Thrower
-Quicker Release

Cole's advantages:
-Bigger (height & bulk)
-Stronger/faster runner

Obviously they like but don’t love Lourd considering they don’t want to use a 25 man counter on him

His dad is a big LSU fan and maybe donor, but at Texas he can learn under Sark and get a better education. Also apparently his brother is at Texas 

It’s kind of like Merrick, except he’s probably more talented, and we wouldn’t be using a class counter on him 

12 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Am I missing something here or does his Jr film look like he should be a 4 star QB?  Kid has an arm and seems to be pretty accurate.

High 3* is probably about right, although maybe he would have looked better if he'd had a senior season 

Still though, adding a high 3* QB as a walkon would be a steal 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Am I missing something here or does his Jr film look like he should be a 4 star QB?  Kid has an arm and seems to be pretty accurate.

He’s calmly throwing ropes all over the field while running for his life. After watching that, I’m excited about getting him here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/2/2021 at 8:38 PM, hornfromdallas said:

this isnt 2005 a&m has become big brother

all you homers need to take your orange glasses off to see it

i know for a fact kids in this era see texas a&m as superior to texas because my woo was recruited by both during the process & i got to talk to many recruits in a gc 

On 2/2/2021 at 8:51 PM, hornfromdallas said:

shemar had 3 texas players in his video bruh

he switched his pick to aggy once two of those players started telling him not to come to texas

On 2/2/2021 at 8:49 PM, hornfromdallas said:

the truth hurts

if some of you saw how texas players talk about texas u would :(:(

in their eyes aggy is big brother 

8rUXGP.gif

Now fuck off to the pit of misery. 

• Haha 4