11.15.21 Coach Sark PC @ 11am

bigup2dahorns

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Maybe have the foresight to mitigate the inevitable temper tantrum and thwart his ability to torpedo your plans for replacing him.

Just a thought.

That’s kind of hard when he’s on the road in Florida killing himself recruiting and checking in periodically by pay phone 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Really really stupid

Well then let’s skip the rings and just have a group hug so that Plonsky, our bloated ego group hug administration can continue to choke off football.

BTW the most visible and profitable view to those outside the university.  

How do we not correct the ass fucking Mack Brown shit on us with in his departure?  It’s been 9 years!

Thats the problem with the university system.  You get a tenured block of folks and entitled through politics that let feel good nation drive who Texas athletics is and they pat themselves on the back for the cause.

Fuck that!  The administration is the problem.

We don’t have a athletics problem we have a shit administration problem.

20 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I remember back in school when my buddies and our team started Intramural Football. We all played offense but a tiny bit of DB/SS in HS m. We went up against the Deek House and got walloped. Back in 1997 the deek house was similar to Animal House. They literally were stoned as shit and trying to sell us mushrooms and xtc while they were running up the score.

we were pissed, so we copied 12-15 plays from the Dime package off of NCAA or madden and went on to win the championship and get a stinky, shitty shirt after blowing out everyone we played. 

take notes PK

We played for the intramural championship by simply running zone to the strong side and manning up single receivers on the weak side. I don't think anyone scored more than 2 TDs on us until we lost in the finals. Maybe you and I should send our resumes in to Sark.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Then why the fuck did OU bother getting Mayfield, Murray, and Hurts? Did any of them turn out decent??

I think you can still do that through the portal if the targets you are after have multiple years of eligibility. It would allow you to theoretically allow you to make quick change while accomplishing his goal.

Apparently the first questioner was c-list 9.95er and publisher of Horns Illustrated Terry Middleton.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/football/2021/11/15/texas-football-coach-steve-sarkisian-peppered-more-program-questions/8625422002/

Perhaps the most frustrating question and answer of the day came right off the bat, with the first question Sarkisian fielded. It came from Terry Middleton of Horns Illustrated, who basically wanted to know what Sarkisian has identified as this team's biggest problems and what the coach is actually doing or going to do to fix them.

Middleton: "Coach, a couple of years ago one of my good friends and I were facing a massive problem we couldn't solve, and in his wisdom he said, 'You know, at this point we need to stop and ask ourselves: what would an extraordinary person do in this situation?' This resonated with me the whole weekend, and I realized that of all the coaches who could be standing at that podium right now in those shoes, you are that extraordinary person and you have a team what I call coaching juggernauts. This is not only my opinion, this is a fact — I don't think anyone can dispute this. So my question is, we write, you know, the Sarkisian Era story and we're not even done with the first chapter yet. Can you unfold some of the onion of what are you working on, how are you solving this problem? I realize that you might not even know. But I want to steal from Julian Edelman: It's gonna be one hell of a story."

Spoiler alert: There was no unfolding of onions.

21 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 11/15/2021 at 11:11 AM, mdmost said:
No Bijan the rest of the season. Yeah, we're going 4-8. 

Does that improve our portal draft order?

let the balls fall where they may.

FWIW---we'll go 5-7.  And barely miss the extra practice we so desperately need.

Maybe we'll get lucky though and there won't be enough bowl eligible teams nationwide to fill the slots and we'll get the GuaranteedRate.com bid this program was so destined to have.  

That awkward moment when your Athletic Program's women's rowing team has a market cap higher than the corporate sponsor of your football bowl game.

33 minutes ago, Lobo said:

FWIW---we'll go 5-7.  And barely miss the extra practice we so desperately need.

I mean, do we desperately need more practice? I assume we've been having practice all season long and we're getting worse by the week. Whatever we're doing in practice these days, I'm not convinced it's doing more good than harm.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fair point.  But under my plan, we have pre-bowl practices and send Coach PK and a few other assistants on ahead to Chase Field in Arizona for several weeks and tell them they are our critically important advance team.  Hand them each a pre-paid debit card for expenses, no return airline ticket, and then fire them the day before the game.

1 hour ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I mean, do we desperately need more practice? I assume we've been having practice all season long and we're getting worse by the week. Whatever we're doing in practice these days, I'm not convinced it's doing more good than harm.

Coaches need less time on the field and more time dedicated to getting mother fuckers in the fucking portal.

6 minutes ago, jinx said:

Coaches need less time on the field and more time dedicated to getting mother fuckers in the fucking portal.

less time spent by our coaches on the practice field  = more time for terry middleton to suck their cocks. that is a fact! 

giphy.gif 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Based upon that presser question I'm guessing Middleton performs hand maneuvers while staring at poster(s) of Bill Little on his bedroom wall. 

Back in my day, doctors would call Terry retarded... I don't know what the proper medical term is now. But read his Linkedin page using Kevin's voice from the office....

• Haha 2

On 11/15/2021 at 2:35 PM, wood said:

The only mismanagement in that firing was waiting so fucking long to jettison his entitled, complacent ass, & letting the program slip so badly in the process.

On 11/15/2021 at 2:35 PM, wood said:

The only mismanagement in that firing was waiting so fucking long to jettison his entitled, complacent ass, & letting the program slip so badly in the process.

OK.  Correct me if I'm wrong, as I didn't follow the whole firing/retiring mess that closely. Some of this may have been rumors etc, but this is what I remember.

I remember hearing that Saban was waiting in the wings as he had an extension and raise that he had put off signing. There was an upcoming banquet/dinner/awards thing where to everyone's understanding, Mack was going to gracefully retire. Well the occasion rolled around and much to everyones surprise, he did not therefore torpedoing all the plans (and good will).

When he failed to retire, Saban signed his extension/raise the next morning.

Any credibility to this?

After watching the press conference it seemed to me that Sark was pretty centered given the present circumstances.  As in, the job is not too big for him.

I perused the another thread that discussed player attrition over the last two years, and Snacks offered things could even get worse.

Seems like he has a plan and the intellect and experience to carry it out.  I'm not optimistic about the next two games but think if anyone can turn it around, he can. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

After watching the press conference it seemed to me that Sark was pretty centered given the present circumstances.  As in, the job is not too big for him.

I perused the another thread that discussed player attrition over the last two years, and Snacks offered things could even get worse.

Seems like he has a plan and the intellect and experience to carry it out.  I'm not optimistic about the next two games but think if anyone can turn it around, he can. 

This is going to go badly for me but I'm going to say it anyway. KU was a shit performance by this program. That said, it did say something that they clawed their way back into it being down 21. Yes, we shouldn't give up 35 to KU in the first half. There is no excuse for that. It should not happen. But we are seeing just how terrible of defense is and the scheme is not right for the players we have on hand right now. We saw that we lost because of turnovers on offense (shit OL/bad QB decisions) and the defense being unable to get that final stop they needed. Schooler pulling a Gideon was almost too perfect a metaphor for how bad our defense has become exactly because we're at the point where the players we need to rely on are converted WRs. But it did say something to me that the team battled back...yes against Kansas. I'm not pumping sunshine. This shit is dark and I don't think we're winning another game this season. We are in such a hole talent wise and I don't think these coaches are capable of pulling anything else out of some of the guys on this roster. Sark has got to reload the roster with the portal and with recruiting guys he wants. They need to move players out quickly and identify replacements so this thing doesn't go 4-8 again next year. They have to bring in a QB who can work this offense with what's available to him. We've never had the true tear down this program needed. Maybe this is that point. Christ, I hope so because otherwise we're wasting 2 more years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/15/2021 at 12:42 PM, Codaxx said:

wow, that is a bombshell. I dont know how Sark can play him. He basically said he is out. Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but he said "other people get to fall into the footsteps of what the coaches want"

are you stupid or something? Why do you think hes talking about himself

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This is going to go badly for me but I'm going to say it anyway. KU was a shit performance by this program. That said, it did say something that they clawed their way back into it being down 21. Yes, we shouldn't give up 35 to KU in the first half. There is no excuse for that. It should not happen. But we are seeing just how terrible of defense is and the scheme is not right for the players we have on hand right now. We saw that we lost because of turnovers on offense (shit OL/bad QB decisions) and the defense being unable to get that final stop they needed. Schooler pulling a Gideon was almost too perfect a metaphor for how bad our defense has become exactly because we're at the point where the players we need to rely on are converted WRs. But it did say something to me that the team battled back...yes against Kansas. I'm not pumping sunshine. This shit is dark and I don't think we're winning another game this season. We are in such a hole talent wise and I don't think these coaches are capable of pulling anything else out of some of the guys on this roster. Sark has got to reload the roster with the portal and with recruiting guys he wants. They need to move players out quickly and identify replacements so this thing doesn't go 4-8 again next year. They have to bring in a QB who can work this offense with what's available to him. We've never had the true tear down this program needed. Maybe this is that point. Christ, I hope so because otherwise we're wasting 2 more years. 

Yeah, there are little glimmers of hope here and there.

Ossai was a beast. 

Your post above was pretty spot on except we’re going to win another game damn it.

Your reference to Ossai inspired me to stat search. And we were awful at rushing the passer last year.

17 sacks last year in almost 400 attempts. Five were Ossai, two were Graham. This year 16 sacks in a little over 300 attempts. Three in the last four games. But the good part of that 1 sack in each of the last two games resulting in a loss of 1 yard and 2 yards. We weren’t any good last year, and we lost our top two sack getters (Graham and Ojomo were tied).

I’m thinking maybe there should be open tryouts on campus to see if we can find a pass rusher.