• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

12 hours ago, Poolflood said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3023572

Talking about their shit schedule..... It's like watching a monkey jack off for the first time.... primitive evolution.

Bonfire1996 writes:

That's a completely selfish comment. You want to be entertained. You. It isn't what's best for the program, it isn't what's best for the players, and it isn't what's best for college football.

All that would happen is teams like Kansas, Oregon State, and Rutgers would be inundated with scheduling requests. Teams that luck out and get those teams on the schedule would have a leg up. You think the ranking system is confusing and maddening now? Make more teams 8-4 or 7-5 and try and compare them to each other.

SunrayAg adds:

I have never understood this line of whining.

Are you there to watch the other team, or are you there to enjoy the game day atmosphere and watch the Aggies?

It's better for our team to get some live work in, in a game that is not in doubt.

It's better for our players to get the backups some experience.

It's better for our program to have more wins.

It's keeps the smaller programs in business.

But poor you has to drive to College Station, enjoy the game day atmosphere, and watch us win by 50. Oh the horror!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They're so focused on trying to have a better record and show up Texas, that they don't even care that the entire purpose of watching the team play, is for entertainment.

I'd rather watch Texas play a schedule that included Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, OU, USC, Michigan, and Georgia every single year, if the powers that be could work it out.  Can you imagine how entertaining that would be?  And also, how much better our team would be for having played that kind of competition?

I guess I'm on the outside looking in, etc.

3 hours ago, Scholz said:

aggy's never going to win jack squat anyway so they might as well schedule some actual teams OOC instead of high schools for the blind.

The only thing they are really interested in is being able to skew the numbers at the end of a season to show they are better than tu.  The tougher the schedule, the harder it is to make the numbers fit the narrative.  As long as they can convince their feeble little brains that they are better than the sips, they feel like they are winning.  For no reason other than that, moving away from the Big XII and Texas was the smartest thing they've ever done.  That's not saying much of course.  

Edited by Go Pokes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

The only thing they are really interested in is being able to skew the numbers at the end of a season to show they are better than tu.  The tougher the schedule, the harder it is to make the numbers fit the narrative.  As long as they can convince their feeble little brains that they are better than the sips, they feel like they are winning.  For no reason other than that, moving away from the Big XII and Texas was the smartest thing they've ever done.  That's not saying much of course.  

I really think if they could have resolved the cognitive dissonance that would have resulted from moving to a shittier conference like C-USA, they'd have done that. It's hard to say which would be better for an Aggie, winning 8 or 9 as an SEC program and riding Alabama's coattails, or winning 11-12 against badly outmatched opponents and braying like UCF about how unfair the playoff is and how everyone's scared of them.

20 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I really think if they could have resolved the cognitive dissonance that would have resulted from moving to a shittier conference like C-USA, they'd have done that. It's hard to say which would be better for an Aggie, winning 8 or 9 as an SEC program and riding Alabama's coattails, or winning 11-12 against badly outmatched opponents and braying like UCF about how unfair the playoff is and how everyone's scared of them.

It had to be to go to the secsec....otherwise, they wouldn't have had a daddy to hide behind...nor would they have had a "super" conference....the bestest of them all to brag about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

It had to be to go to the secsec....otherwise, they wouldn't have had a daddy to hide behind...nor would they have had a "super" conference....the bestest of them all to brag about.

That's what I'm saying. Either of those two scenarios is great for them, as it lets them claim "WE'S BETTER THAN t.u!!!!!" without having to prove it, but the cognitive dissonance of downgrading conferences would have been too much to overcome. The prestige of the SEC's reputation and the reflected glory of a program to which they DON"T spend every waking moment comparing themselves is ultimately the most attractive realistic option they could pursue. 

Aggies are threatened by the University of Texas, by anything it or its sports teams or its alumni do well. They have no such compunction about Alabama. 

15 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Aggies are threatened by the University of Texas, by anything it or its sports teams or its alumni do well. They have no such compunction about Alabama. 

Exactly. aggy HATES tu, but LOVES Bama. In the eros, not agape, sense. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

That's what I'm saying. Either of those two scenarios is great for them, as it lets them claim "WE'S BETTER THAN t.u!!!!!" without having to prove it, but the cognitive dissonance of downgrading conferences would have been too much to overcome. The prestige of the SEC's reputation and the reflected glory of a program to which they DON"T spend every waking moment comparing themselves is ultimately the most attractive realistic option they could pursue. 

aggy would be .500 in C-USA too -- it's what they do.

• Like 2

There are no "Aggies" in the SEC aggy boy.

NMSU isn't threatened by The University. It is you aggy that are threatened. Go back to texags looch.

f7dd524e3c0e9f44235441a13820f9a4.gif

16 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
21 minutes ago, ztejas said:
This has a higher art value than most Phlegm collections. I feel like it's a subtle commentary on incestual overtones in the American south.

So you fapped to the last pic?

You didn't?

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Texas is

1-3 vs IND.

8-0 vs. G5

41-37 vs. P5

And that is the result of UT’s worst decade in school history, versus aggy’s 2nd best decade. Of course we and the NCAA know how a$m achieved their best decade in the 1980s.

Edited by Armybrat