• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

They're actually still a pretty good university.  Gotta give 'em that.  

For a major state University that fancies itself to be another Flagship, no, they're not.  They are expanding at a breakneck pace, at which quality instruction is impossible to manage in a way that keeps up, let alone improves.  They have a followership culture that quashes critical thought.  And there is nothing in that culture that indicates any ability to make meaningful change in any way.

If you want to be a vet, fine.  Otherwise, stay away.

Here's a breakdown of everything and where A&M ranks among current SEC schools for each: 

Note: I included the Big East as a P5 because they were a BCS conference. There's time for that debate elsewhere. Not in the mood to include the FCS/D1-AA schools in the SEC rankings. 

Record vs P5 in Aug-Sept 
16-12 | 6th in the SEC 

Record vs Non-P5 FBS/D1-A in Aug-Sept 
32-3 | 8th in the SEC 

Record vs P5 in Oct-Jan 
63-81 | 10th in the SEC 

Record vs Non-P5 FBS/D1-A in Oct-Jan 
7-0 | Tied for 1st in the SEC 

Side note: A&M is 12-0 vs FCS/D1-AA 

Record against teams that finished with 7+ wins (Oct-Jan) - Since 2000 

1    LSU (67-41)     
2    Alabama (67-42)     
3    Georgia (61-45)     
4    Florida (57-58)     
5    Auburn (48-55)     
6    Arkansas (37-65)     
7    Tennessee (33-60)     
8    Ole Miss(33-61)     
9    Missouri (34-63)     
10    South Carolina (31-59)     
11    Texas A&M (33-72)     
12    Mississippi St (28-62)     
13    Kentucky (12-72)     
14    Vanderbilt (10-75)

• Like 2

See this is why I hate this rivalry. If we beat them it makes no difference they just go on talking trash. With so much hate in their little hearts it is not even really about sports, what happens on the field barely matters at all,  it is just about how much they hate us. It is rather tiresome.
aggy watching us play other SEC teams after we've beaten them:

4b539cb7c38948ea4bacb6b9fa8e276c.gif
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Texags radio:

1:36:35 Gabe and Looch Dutch rudder themselves about how good the SEC baseball teams are doing in Omaha, how they beat Texas for aggy, and what the Big 12 champ's record was v the mighty SEC. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/CN_F8BzqcDA/0103092-aplx.mp3

Somebody should go find their broadcasts after they beat Texas in the midweek game earlier in the year. They were all in on "A&M owns Texas" and "A&M is headed to another CWS".

Unsurprisingly, after Texas spanked them in a regional it's transitioned to  "the SEC is good". 

This is what losers do. Chin Pubes and that Gabe Brock dude are perfect representations of the loser mentality in college station. Yet, they wonder why Houston and UTEP have more national titles than their athletic department. 

Edited by texasstrong12

They're actually still a pretty good university.  Gotta give 'em that.  
Actually 15 years ago they were a decent technical school. Now their graduates are indistinguishable from Lamar, UTEP, Blinn, or UTRGV. I have several aggy engineers in my group but won't be hiring any more. And it really is because they are a diploma mill now.

This site cracks me up.  I referred to Arkansas and Texas Tech in the CWS thread, two of our rivals by the way, to be subpar universities, really glorified community-colleges.  And I caught all kinds of negative rep and commentary about it.  I then refer to A&M as a decent school, which it is---it is light years ahead of Arkansas or Texas Tech academically and I still get shit.  I don't care either way, but it's funny to me.  A&M, for all the shit we give it, is a decent place from which to obtain a degree.  Arkansas and Texas Tech are laughable institutions and people come out of the woodwork to get pissy about it because I was too harsh on them.  In this day and age of available data, that we still have to pretend shitty colleges aren't shitty is hilarious to me.  We can't even call out rival schools anymore on threads about rivals.  That's where we are as a society.  Grown men in Texas don't like it when people don't treat all universities and their graduates equally.  You can call out rivals for their human qualities, but the second somebody questions the validity of their academic mission, they're being cruel.  Got it.  

3 hours ago, Deej said:

Denial and lack of self-awareness. 

12 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

Tell me what this smells like

35812619_10157573494124447_5709505098376

a Natural Light can filled with 2 week old Copenhagen spit and top notes of Santorum and shame

Edited by Tigersnake

I can live with that explanation.  What I suspect is the case is something much different.  Anyway...

You were being a cunt by trying to inject academic smack into the CWS thread. Now you’re being a cunt by whining about getting negged for it.

Not that much different really.

This site cracks me up.  I referred to Arkansas and Texas Tech in the CWS thread, two of our rivals by the way, to be subpar universities, really glorified community-colleges.  And I caught all kinds of negative rep and commentary about it.  I then refer to A&M as a decent school, which it is---it is light years ahead of Arkansas or Texas Tech academically and I still get shit.  I don't care either way, but it's funny to me.  A&M, for all the shit we give it, is a decent place from which to obtain a degree.  Arkansas and Texas Tech are laughable institutions and people come out of the woodwork to get pissy about it because I was too harsh on them.  In this day and age of available data, that we still have to pretend shitty colleges aren't shitty is hilarious to me.  We can't even call out rival schools anymore on threads about rivals.  That's where we are as a society.  Grown men in Texas don't like it when people don't treat all universities and their graduates equally.  You can call out rivals for their human qualities, but the second somebody questions the validity of their academic mission, they're being cruel.  Got it.  
Tl:Dr.

You're wrong. Both tceh and piggy produce better graduates.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Arkansas deserves all the smack it gets anywhere, anytime.  Same with A&M.  Way too many people dragging down our state.  You can have 'em. 

Yet, you call aggy a decent institution??

Have you not read any of this thread, where it's mentioned many times, that aggy's drive for more enrollment has diminished the value of their diploma? They don't have funding, room, or professors for all the extra students that they are enrolling.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:51 PM, TexasMan said:

Texags radio:

1:36:35 Gabe and Looch Dutch rudder themselves about how good the SEC baseball teams are doing in Omaha, how they beat Texas for aggy, and what the Big 12 champ's record was v the mighty SEC. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/CN_F8BzqcDA/0103092-aplx.mp3

Same tune from him when aggy loses. He uses the records of Texas against other SEC teams as proof that aggy is better. I also love how he seems to talk down to everyone that works for him. It's almost like he is getting on to Gabe every time I hear them in an interview.