Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Not talking about the reality of it happening anytime soon, just that a true Texas hero and legend, VY, is advocating what many on here consider Texas football sacrilege...playing aggy again.

Let's be honest. The true enjoyment wasn't necessarily the game, it was more (yet again) listening to aggy blaming everyone but themselves for the team's performance on the field and the decisions of their coaching staff.

They are like little children.

• Like 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Not talking about the reality of it happening anytime soon, just that a true Texas hero and legend, VY, is advocating what many on here consider Texas football sacrilege...playing aggy again.

I want the game back. I also know I’m in the minority on this.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Let's be honest. The true enjoyment wasn't necessarily the game, it was more (yet again) listening to aggy blaming everyone but themselves for the team's performance on the field and the decisions of their coaching staff.

They are like little children.

Remember Randolph, according to aggy they’ve never lost to us; they just ran out of time. 

I don't want it back. aggy fucking ran away and behaved like a lying, little bitch every step of the way. They wanted to get away. They got their wish. They can live with it. 

(Oh, and their final memory should always be losing the final matchup to Case McCoy.)

Edited by Deej
  • Like 8

It is not that I am pissed at them for being...well..who they are and doing what I expect them to do. It is just that playing them produces little joy for me. They talk shit the whole time win or lose. It is tiresome and they take themselves and the rivalry way too seriously. You just hope to win and move on.

Brian Perroni: Jimbo on A&M national championship: 'Your timetable is now'

ATLANTA - Texas A&M made the biggest splash hire of the offseason. After Jimbo Fisher had turned down other numerous jobs in previous years, the Aggies were able to lure him away from Florida State.

Fisher is one of only four active head coaches to have a national championship under his belt, winning one in the 2013 season with the Seminoles. Fisher was also the offensive coordinator for Nick Saban at LSU when the Tigers won the title in 2003. In 1993, he was the brand new quarterback coach at Auburn when the Tigers were the only team in the country to go undefeated. Though they were ineligible for postseason play that season, they are at least regarded as that year's best team, despite the fact they weren't awarded the championship.

Because of his history with winning titles, the Aggies thought Fisher was worthy of giving the largest-ever contract in college football. Texas A&M gave him a 10-year, $75 million fully-guaranteed deal. With that price tag comes high expectations, though.

Fisher was the first coach to speak at the 2018 SEC Media Days and he was asked about the timetable he has for winning a national title in Aggieland.

"Your timetable is as quick as you can put things into place and everyone buys into what you're trying to do. Your timetable? Your timetable is now," Fisher said, curtly.

Fisher knows there is a bit of an uphill battle with the depth and the schedule the next couple seasons. However, he does not want those to be excuses.

"You want to win immediately and that's your place. Is that realistic? I don't know," he said. "Could it be? Yes. But could it not be? Yes."

Fisher says the players have been putting in the work, though.

"It's all about the process of putting things in place, because you want to build the program the right way up and get kids that understand and buy in," he said.

"But I'll say this - our attitude of our players has been tremendous. I've been very proud of that. They've come in, there's been a lot of change. We do things differently - not that the other side was right, just a philosophical difference - and the way that they've handled it has been tremendous."

Though the challenge seems daunting as the team has struggled mightily in the second half of the season each of the past four years, Fisher has seen success very early in some places with it taking a few years in others.

"You never know," he said. "When we went to Auburn that year, 1993, and Alabama was the defending national champs in '92 and we come off a 5-6 team, we went undefeated, so it can happen quickly. At LSU, it took three or four years. At Florida State, it took us, I think, four years to do it."

Fisher definitely does not like the idea of putting a specific date on when he hopes to win a title, but he is not shying away from expectations that the team will be a contender year in and year out, just as his Florida State teams were.

"You don't ever put a timetable on things, because you can't judge people," he said. "You don't know how each guy is going to respond and what's going to happen and the chemistry unit, the camaraderie unit and your coaching staff. Hopefully we're going to do it as quickly as we possibly can

It is pathetic how Liucci makes every mundane thing that happens at A&M into some glorious triumph. What a tool. I always felt like he was their Ketchum but somehow worse...and he has remained relevant and center stage so much longer than our tool. Somehow.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

ATLANTA - Texas A&M made the biggest splash hire of the offseason. After Jimbo Fisher had turned down other numerous jobs in previous years, the Aggies were able to lure him away from Florida State.

Fisher is one of only four active head coaches to have a national championship under his belt, winning one in the 2013 season with the Seminoles. Fisher was also the offensive coordinator for Nick Saban at LSU when the Tigers won the title in 2003. In 1993, he was the brand new quarterback coach at Auburn when the Tigers were the only team in the country to go undefeated. Though they were ineligible for postseason play that season, they are at least regarded as that year's best team, despite the fact they weren't awarded the championship.

Because of his history with winning titles, the Aggies thought Fisher was worthy of giving the largest-ever contract in college football. Texas A&M gave him a 10-year, $75 million fully-guaranteed deal. With that price tag comes high expectations, though.

Fisher was the first coach to speak at the 2018 SEC Media Days and he was asked about the timetable he has for winning a national title in Aggieland.

"Your timetable is as quick as you can put things into place and everyone buys into what you're trying to do. Your timetable? Your timetable is now," Fisher said, curtly.

Fisher knows there is a bit of an uphill battle with the depth and the schedule the next couple seasons. However, he does not want those to be excuses.

"You want to win immediately and that's your place. Is that realistic? I don't know," he said. "Could it be? Yes. But could it not be? Yes."

"It's all about the process of putting things in place, because you want to build the program the right way up and get kids that understand and buy in," he said.

"But I'll say this - our attitude of our players has been tremendous. I've been very proud of that. They've come in, there's been a lot of change. We do things differently - not that the other side was right, just a philosophical difference - and the way that they've handled it has been tremendous."

Though the challenge seems daunting as the team has struggled mightily in the second half of the season each of the past four years, Fisher has seen success very early in some places with it taking a few years in others.

"You never know," he said. "When we went to Auburn that year, 1993, and Alabama was the defending national champs in '92 and we come off a 5-6 team, we went undefeated, so it can happen quickly. At LSU, it took three or four years. At Florida State, it took us, I think, four years to do it."

Fisher definitely does not like the idea of putting a specific date on when he hopes to win a title, but he is not shying away from expectations that the team will be a contender year in and year out, just as his Florida State teams were.

"You don't ever put a timetable on things, because you can't judge people," he said. "You don't know how each guy is going to respond and what's going to happen and the chemistry unit, the camaraderie unit and your coaching staff. Hopefully we're going to do it as quickly as we possibly can

Take two reasonably competent coaches. Give one an All-Start team drawn for the best players from all 50 states. Give the other an All-Star team exclusively from Texas. Which coach wins?

Until and unless Jimbo can start to recruit top 4* and 5* talent from across the nation, not a damned thing is going to change for the TAMU football program, because until that happens, aggy will always have an identifiable weakness within their 2-deep that will be exploited. The entire reason they had their late season swoons under Sumlin was that they didn't have enough depth. Because consistently recruiting top OOS talent to A&M is insanely difficult.

Having half the recruiting class 3* or below, and not a single 4* of 5* OOS recruit to help in specific areas where in-state talent isn't there in a given year isn't a foundation for a national championship roster.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It is pathetic how Liucci makes every mundane thing that happens at A&M into some glorious triumph. What a tool. I always felt like he was their Ketchum but somehow worse...and he has remained relevant and center stage so much longer than our tool. Somehow.

That somehow is because the aggy culture is all about grand Homerics. Every story they tell is of aggy greatness that never happened. Gill on the sideline, alone, being hailed as a hero. Stealing a cannon and heading on the train with it to Waco, with only the combined efforts of every Texas Ranger able to stop The Noble Men of Kyle. Winninhg WWII all by themselves while every single other American (especially those who attended UT) staying home to drink tea. "The Sleeping giant." The 'BOMC' having to combine their efforts to restrain the greatness that is aggy. Etc, etc, etc.

Liucci is just feeding the aggy penchant for stupidity and fairy tales. Write any driven full of aggy grandeur on he verge of glorious triumph and those dumbfuck rednecks lap it up. It's what they do.

36 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

The high expectations over in gomerville are glorious. No National Championship since before Hitler, No BCS Bowl wins ever, no Conference Championships in decades. Yet, Jimbo is EXPECTED to have aggy competing for National Championships right away. You can't make this shit up people. 

29 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

nomsnoms_zpsb93e3358.gif 

• Like 1

The pic with Looches face on the body of the Iraqi information minister is about as perfect as it gets..

10 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Looch on texags radio: "aggy is a huge trap game for Clemson in week"

So a great, turditional power like aggy is gonna jump up and bite a national championship contender for a loss? Which one is it, Looch.

I would so love to see both Clemson and 'bama hang 4 TD losses on aggy.

16 hours ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

The pic with Looches face on the body of the Iraqi information minister is about as perfect as it gets..

Pycc4u.gif

Tackle box implosion gif takes it to 11...bravo whoever created that one

• Like 5
  • Haha 3