• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I think what he was saying was that he got accepted to Stanford and yet didn’t have a full ride at aggy?

Accepted to both. Parents made good money and held it over him. Want debt? Go to Stanford. Want a free ride, go aggy. I never agreed but who the hell am but a stupid sip. 

11 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

that this klan-ish "tradition" is getting the curtain lifted on its utter stupidy and backwardness to a wider audience is hilarious

And instead of maybe rethinking some of their stupid turditions, they will double down. 

It’s comical how aggys completely fabricate stories. Keep in mind, to alter the distributions from PUF investments the people of Texas would have to vote on and pass a constitutional amendment. I guess they don’t teach government at trade schools. 

Word is that UT has been informed that the state is reworking the PUF. UT will lose a significant portion to all the other universities in the state not yet included.”

”They get to go to the SEC but it's going to cost them in many different ways. Bet they didn't see that coming.”

”Talked with a high up Tech administrator. Said Gov Abbott has already informed UT it's going to happen. UT and aTm don't control the legislature like in the past. Example is Tech getting their vet school even in the face of strong aTm opposition. Times are a changing.”

https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/3236028

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

28 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

How dare you disparage Ric Flair like that

Brag Ric Flair GIF by WWE

lol it's literally the same thing with whoop instead of wooo and corny weird shit jokes instead of funny awesome things

AN I HAVIN A HARD TIME

HOLDIN THESE ALLIGATORS DOWN

WOO

Just now, Zeus said:

lol it's literally the same thing with whoop instead of wooo and corny weird shit jokes instead of funny awesome things

AN I HAVIN A HARD TIME

HOLDIN THESE ALLIGATORS DOWN

WOO

It's the same thing except one is recognized worldwide as being cool as hell and the other is aggy. 

It's not the fucking same at all 

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

It’s comical how aggys completely fabricate stories. Keep in mind, to alter the distributions from PUF investments the people of Texas would have to vote on and pass a constitutional amendment. I guess they don’t teach government at trade schools. 

Word is that UT has been informed that the state is reworking the PUF. UT will lose a significant portion to all the other universities in the state not yet included.”

”They get to go to the SEC but it's going to cost them in many different ways. Bet they didn't see that coming.”

”Talked with a high up Tech administrator. Said Gov Abbott has already informed UT it's going to happen. UT and aTm don't control the legislature like in the past. Example is Tech getting their vet school even in the face of strong aTm opposition. Times are a changing.”

Yeah I've heard Techters in my circles saying similar things.  They're too dumb to realize, that's not how any of this works.

image.jpeg.acf35a54083d52ebdab219be698b4243.jpeg

Edited by utee94

23 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

That last one about UT not controlling the leg is absolute garbage. THE most powerful entity in the state is the University of Texas when it decides it needs to be. Texas flexed when it decided to go to the SEC. Maybe some legislators got in the news for filing bills, but the outcome was never in doubt and the pressure UT applied was enormous. I heard from several lobbyists that some in the leg were shocked at how quickly they were steamrolled.

9 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

That last one about UT not controlling the leg is absolute garbage. THE most powerful entity in the state is the University of Texas when it decides it needs to be. Texas flexed when it decided to go to the SEC. Maybe some legislators got in the news for filing bills, but the outcome was never in doubt and the pressure UT applied was enormous. I heard from several lobbyists that some in the leg were shocked at how quickly they were steamrolled.

UT Austin educates about 50,000 students on a budget well in excess of $3 billion. A&M educates about 65,000 on a budget of just under $2 billion. 

Per full time student equivalent, aggy is funded at about $0.50 for each dollar UT Austin receives. I think UT’s influence with state political leaders is quite secure. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I agree we are powerful. But trusting lobbyists to tell the truth? Hmmmmmm. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Horn Draoi said:

My father was a college prof; I grew up on small university campuses (not SEC or SWC).  Personal confession: I went to a&m on a full ride academic scholarship (ChemE) as a freshman-I was evidently an 0.002% guy.  “Underwhelming” would be an incredible understatement.  Got out after 2 semesters.  Married into a family of engineers and accountants, plenty of acquaintances from both universities.

I’ve never met an aggy engineer I’d let design a carport for me, or an aggy accountant I’d let balance my checkbook.  What starts at Texas changes the world, what starts at tamu fucks things up.  It’s a second rate cow college situated in shithole East Texas-always has been, always will be.  Never doubt it, never forget it.

So ... what is this "checkbook" you speak of?

• Hook 'Em 2

Of all the incredibly asinine, embarrassing shit we've seen about aggy on this thread, this right here is the most damning example of the cult in action. 

Here’s another:

Cousin’s kid was looking at colleges, applied to and was accepted to the Naval Academy. Cousin, who is an aggy, convinced him to go to A&M and join the corps.

Bottled my mind.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 2

42 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Yeah those ridiculous lege fucks that held the hearing, etc were just grandstanding for votes. They knew nothing they were doing was ever going to change the outcome. It was already done.

Anyone who makes that decision is not Naval Academy material. 

Maybe. Just couldn’t believe how much pressure they were putting on him to not go there vs A&M. Judging from Facebook he’s all in now.

My only rule for my kids is they can’t go to aggy. Go anywhere else you want, because it’s already paid for. Preferably several hours/states away.

8 minutes ago, demos said:

Here’s another:

Cousin’s kid was looking at colleges, applied to and was accepted to the Naval Academy. Cousin, who is an aggy, convinced him to go to A&M and join the corps.

Bottled my mind.

Un fucking real. USNA grads can pretty much write their own ticket.

I was the first alternate for Texas for the 1983 freshman class. If one guy ahead of me dropped, I'd get in. Didn't happen, because they weren't morons that chose to be Corps Turds instead. I went to & graduated from UT, and I'm still glad I did, but I'd have dropped UT in a heartbeat for Annapolis.

Go Navy!

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Claims UT doesn't control the legislature. Gives as evidence an example of A&M not controlling the legislature.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, demos said:

Here’s another:

Bottled my mind.

wow

26 minutes ago, Viper said:

Claims UT doesn't control the legislature. Gives as evidence an example of A&M not controlling the legislature.

Very much inline with typical aggy thinking.  Texas and Aggy are equal therefore there is no way Texas can do something they can't...in spite of all the evidence to the contrary

Edited by Teamdirtyleg