• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

11 hours ago, Lhorn said:

We need Jimbo to pull off an improbable win and give those yokels some fool’s gold hope heading into the off season.  

Doesn’t even need to go that far.  They only need one quarter of good play to convince the yokels that they were just 467 plays this year away from having a 12-0 season.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Whoever leaves, it won't matter.  One of the 2024 3* QBs they have coming in will be the REAL DEAL.  As is written every offseason - the next savior at QB. 

One day  they will find a QB who can make the OL not a leaky sieve!  Until then next year

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You say that like it never has happened

Exactly. A repeat of last season where aggy pisses in Kelly's corn flakes at the end of season would be glorious. Those stupid fucks cant help but convince themselves Jimbo's finally putting it all together. At that point, they can covid their way out of another bowl game to avoid a momentum crushing loss heading into next season, and away we go...

Roller Coaster Going Up GIF - Roller Coaster Going Up ...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Jimbo ain’t gonna win no road game at night in Death Valley with QB3 lol. 

I'm certainly not predicting it, but never underestimate the nefarious influence exerted by the  "big souvenir cup" industry. Their 4th qtr numbers are riding on that game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Blotto said:

I'm certainly not predicting it, but never underestimate the nefarious influence exerted by the  "big souvenir cup" industry. Their 4th qtr numbers are riding on that game.

If it was in CS, I’d agree but Jimbo hasn’t won a road game since 2021 and he’s not going to do it with QB3 and that shitty OL

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Is Daniels out for significant time for LSU?

Only way aggy wins that game is an ugly ass backup QB off. 17-13 type game. 

He is in concussion protocol so I think he is still in the rest and evaluation stage.  If he is currently fine, he will still be a game time decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Culture. Male cheerleaders. rednecks. nut grabbing. sacred grass. racism. Indoctrination camps. Cosplay army. Dog that is the highest ranking member of cosplay army. Jizz jars. Practice cheering at midnight.

Should I go on? 

Most of those are just symptoms of the problem, which you highlighted first.   Culture   Its an environment where there is no self reflection.    No asking the hard "whys".   For them, their whys are "we have the best of everything, why aren't we winning"  without even a shred of thought that maybe they aren't the best at everything.  

Its a culture of not understanding that questioning traditions is a good and a very necessary, healthy thing for a group/business/society.    

You see it in business all the time, the 'we have always done it this way" mentality.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, markstanco said:

Correct.  I bet he will be available for the game vs. Florida, but wont come in unless necessary. They are getting worse by the game. 

Florida is bad, so they should not need him. 

They are getting worse - I wonder if we can entice Harold Perkins into the portal. Kelly has no idea how to use him. 

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Correct.  I bet he will be available for the game vs. Florida, but wont come in unless necessary. They are getting worse by the game. 

Yeah Florida is shyte unless they are playing the road construction orange hillbillies so I doubt he will be needed.  I could also see them keeping him out of the gimme game vs Georgia State but I don't think there is any way he doesn't play vs the ags.  A loss to A&M would likely mean finishing 4th in the SEC West behind Bilbo and that would cause more cajun melt than BK can handle.

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I will give Jimbo credit and smarts and kudos for one important little skill set:  he has a very good agent!

Very good agent? Or very dumb aggy administration?

A question as old as which came first, the chicken or the egg?

1 minute ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I like how this makes OU's last championship seem substantially further away than ours despite a 2-3 year difference 

5 years.  SC slips off the cliff after next season then we do in 2025 unless we finally magically got our shit together (which would be nice)

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

So all blue bloods other than ND have won a title

in the last 30 years

And aggy? They are almost 3x as long as that. Seeing Army, Maryland, and Syracuse up there, but no aggy is hilarious

also crazy that 25 different programs have won a title in the past 80 years

the ags are in the 90 year bucket with TCU, Stanford, & Princeton

• Haha 2

UCLA should be there in the last 70 years. 

I have a fond spot for that team. Their coach, Red Sanders, called his wife one night to say he would be working late. He died later, of a heart attack, in a downtown hotel with a hooker and a bottle of liquor. 

I guess you could say that he died doing what he loved. 

Edited by statsman
  • Drool 1

You know I keep reading articles about Bilbo referring to   "inches"(see below).

A few inches here and a few more there made the difference, as head coach Jimbo Fisher has constantly preached they would. Problem is, those few inches don’t seem to go the way of the Aggies.

Those few inches that make the difference in these big games seem to always go the other way.

Does the stupid mofo think he's Tony D'Amato or what?

Yeah Bilbo, those inches are all around you, but most of them are there for Candi son, you just get to see them from REALLY CLOSE UP.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

LSU has arguably the best offense in the country. Their defense sucks but they should drop 40 points on that aggy secondary if Daniels is healthy. 

I think LSU wins but the agro D-line is still going to cause LSU problems so I expect it to be a lower scoring affair. Something like 24-13. I would definitely take the under.

9 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I think LSU wins but the agro D-line is still going to cause LSU problems so I expect it to be a lower scoring affair. Something like 24-13. I would definitely take the under.

I don't think there is any chance aggy holds LSU to 24 points. 

The best two passing offenses aggy has faced are Miami (gave up 48 points) and Ole Miss (gave up 38 points). LSU has a better passing offense than both those teams. This is under the assumption that Daniels is healthy at QB. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

21 hours ago, George said:

Didn’t The Athletic buy into Texags?

naw they were trying to offload the cost of hiring a ton of folks early on and did some kind of test with an independent third party team site (not that many of them actually) and that was texags. AFAIK they ran the exact same stories and i think it lasted one year.

they didn't buy a part of the site.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

A&M's defense is vastly overrated.  A bullshit holding call is all that stopped Ole Miss from scoring 40+ last week.  Took a TD off the board.  

A&M is holding FBS teams 4 points under their average scoring output.  That is nothing special.  A&M has just played a bunch of really, really shitty offenses. LSU will light their ass up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 10:59 AM, Pimphand said:

To be fair I pulled it from the ALS site 😉https://www.als.org/understanding-als/who-gets-als

ALS does not take people in a week. So, either he was misdiagnosed, or there was some denial about things. Just saying. 

ALS is a cruel disease as the patient is essentially trapped in their bodies with a functioning mind.

Your body is your prison and your executioner. 

Most of my patients die from pneumonia, “ the old man’s friend “. It’s usually quick with minimal suffering, unless interrupted by aggressive measures. The suffering comes the years before , when you slowly lose muscular control over your body., and it goes on autopilot.

the final phase, losing control of breathing, is the worst and the scariest, as it can be like slowly drowning on land. Many patients get a tracheotomy and are on home ventilators before succumbing to their final infection. 

worse than cancer in many ways.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, El Squared said:

ALS does not take people in a week. So, either he was misdiagnosed, or there was some denial about things. Just saying. 

ALS is a cruel disease as the patient is essentially trapped in their bodies with a functioning mind.

Most of my patients die from pneumonia, “ the old man’s friend “. It’s usually quick with minimal suffering, unless interrupted by aggressive measures. The suffering comes the years before , when you slowly lose muscular control over your body., and it goes on autopilot.

the final phase, losing control of breathing, is the worst and the scariest, as it can be like slowly drowning on land. Many patients get a tracheotomy and are on home ventilators before succumbing to their final infection. 

How long from diagnosis to gone? 

6 hours ago, El Squared said:

You might want to read further up in the thread I don't have your experience but I was personally and deeply affected by a really good friend suffering through the horrors of ALS. I was merely reporting what was reported I felt it was pretty unbelievable but I am not going to throw shade at anyone in light of Torbush's passing.

5 hours ago, Tex Long said:

How long from diagnosis to gone? 

My friend battled it for 4 years. I have heard people making it 5 years. Lou Gehrig died within 2 years of his diagnosis but I am pretty sure he had it as far back as late 1937 which means he played the entire 1938 season with it which is remarkable and would put him in the 3.5-4 year area too.