Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

16 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I mean, I don't know that I'd purchase almost 2 billion dongs if I had $76 mil, but I'm pretty sure my number would be north of 0.

I continue to look at these pictures and continue to be just amazed at the lack of talent amongst these clowns year after year.  You'd think in their long history at least one of them would be a looker.  If there ever was one, he's fucking camera shy because I've never seen a good looking person in these group shots, much less a collection of them.  It's amazing.

Online posters are always crowing about how the corps are stealing girlfriends, not the poster mind you, but johhny corps turd that is always fucking ugly. There is so much there to unpack got damn.

/r/truerateme judge for life.

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I wish some moron would finally explain to him that there are differences between good job to retire to and good job to win championships.

Hell yeah I too would beg anyone to coach Texaumnm University, but I would just park my ass and quiet quit all the while feeding their little brother syndrome.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I know Josh is doing this bit for clicks but he's going overboard saying it's a better job than ANY in the Big Ten.

The bottom line is aggy has to overpay to get coaches to come there and they are GREAT for getting coaches raises when the job is open. 

Their willingness to overpay is definitely not the bragging point they think it is. He's on there using all the usual refrains and buzzwords. "Resources".

27 minutes ago, linux said:

I wish some moron would finally explain to him that there are differences between good job to retire to and good job to win championships.

Hell yeah I too would beg anyone to coach Texaumnm University, but I would just park my ass and quiet quit all the while feeding their little brother syndrome.

This. As far as jobs that way over pay, have low realistic expectations, don't have to live up to a high standard or big shoes to fill and still fill stadiums with 100K idiots willing the praise you as their savior to the point of getting a lip tattoo --  I don't know that Josh is wrong.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I mean, I don't know that I'd purchase almost 2 billion dongs if I had $76 mil, but I'm pretty sure my number would be north of 0.

I continue to look at these pictures and continue to be just amazed at the lack of talent amongst these clowns year after year.  You'd think in their long history at least one of them would be a looker.  If there ever was one, he's fucking camera shy because I've never seen a good looking person in these group shots, much less a collection of them.  It's amazing.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Come on now, It's no time to be shy and remember it in all it's glory:

I love watching this video,  but I cringe when Tucker gets horse collar tackled by his own teammate.  I always think his leg is going to snap and end his career before it even starts.  The dog pile is one thing, but you cant h roll up his legs from behind.  

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I'm all for dunking on aggy but they have only hired 14 coaches since Homer Norton patrolled the sidelines during that 1939 season of champions.  I don't have the care to go look at the contracts they signed people to along the way but I bet they didn't really start overpaying until the mid 70s with Bellard if I had to guess.

1 hour ago, Gordon Shumway said:

I love watching this video,  but I cringe when Tucker gets horse collar tackled by his own teammate.  I always think his leg is going to snap and end his career before it even starts.  The dog pile is one thing, but you cant h roll up his legs from behind.  

Pretty sure he made it out ok.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I've seen him pissed about refs or whatever but I don't know if I've ever seen him that grumpy personally.  He wasn't happy about that question one fucking bit

He can be surly and secretive with the media and fans, I don’t care.  Just hope he’s being honest with the players.  I’m sure they all understand the business side.  If he already accepted the job and is hiding it that’s a good way to lose the players respect and lose the last two games.  

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

You'd be grumpy too if your first shot at a P5 job and a big payday was a career killer.

Kinda reminds me of the movie Bedazzled with Elizabeth Hurley and Brendan Fraser.  Make a deal with the devil to get a P5 job with a big payday .  .  .  but it’s with aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not saying He Gone
Spoiler

But He Gone.

If he doesn't land at aggy he will get one of the other jobs coming open. That said I've always thought he'd be the one in spite of some aggy thinking they're somehow too good for an ex-HS coach that has had moderate success as a lower level CFB HC. Of the realistic candidates he's the best fit for their weirdness. I'm sure the aggys who arent thrilled with the hire will talk themselves into him being the next Saban by the spring game. Too soon for "don't care, got Jeff!" Tshirts and mugs?
  • Hook 'Em 1

I like Traylor.  I’d like the hire if I were at UH, TTU, Baylor, etc.  But, if I were wandering the desert like aggy and just made a fool of myself over Jimbo, I’d want more of a sure thing hire.  
Are they gonna pay him what his success and experience level warrants or are they gonna feel the need to give him 6 million per year because they’re “big dogs?”  

I have no idea how many doors have been slammed in their faces so far, but Traylor doesn’t seem like the “splash hire” that they think they deserve.  Their ego tells them they need to steal a guy from a program that frequently visits the top 25 much to the impotent lamentations of the school and their helpless fanbase.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Are they gonna pay him what his success and experience level warrants or are they gonna feel the need to give him 6 million per year because they’re “big dogs?” 

If anyone takes that job for less than $7mm they are an absolute dumbass fool. Bilbo set the floor. You can't be paying your ex coach substantively more than your current coach.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

If anyone takes that job for less than $7mm they are an absolute dumbass fool. Bilbo set the floor. You can't be paying your ex coach substantively more than your current coach.
That would be such a bitchslap to whoever signs up for that, and you know it would be mentioned often by all the talking heads. Or at least talking heads not named Josh Pate.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, chainsaw said:
I'm not saying He Gone
Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

But He Gone.

If he doesn't land at aggy he will get one of the other jobs coming open. That said I've always thought he'd be the one in spite of some aggy thinking they're somehow too good for an ex-HS coach that has had moderate success as a lower level CFB HC. Of the realistic candidates he's the best fit for their weirdness. I'm sure the aggys who arent thrilled with the hire will talk themselves into him being the next Saban by the spring game. Too soon for "don't care, got Jeff!" Tshirts and mugs?

They’ll be trying to copyright BEast Texas before the introductory press conference 

48 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

So if it is Traylor, he is 38–13 in 4 years at UTSA, or roughly 9-3/yr so a clear upgrade for Texas 8&4.  He's also 0-3 in bowl games.  It would be interesting to see what is record is without Frank Harris.  

Impossible to know. Frank Harris has confirmed he will play an 8th, 9th, and 10th year.

5 hours ago, The Dog said:

I know Josh is doing this bit for clicks but he's going overboard saying it's a better job than ANY in the Big Ten.

The bottom line is aggy has to overpay to get coaches to come there and they are GREAT for getting coaches raises when the job is open. 

4 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

Those who would give up honesty to purchase viewership deserve neither.

As was said, it is an awesome job for the low expectations......but Pate wasn't saying "it's the best job to crank out mediocre results while collecting over $7 million a year." (because that would piss off aggy).

There's wanting to get clicks, and there's doing something that will ensure nobody takes you seriously going forward, and I don't think he understands that line.

4 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I've seen him pissed about refs or whatever but I don't know if I've ever seen him that grumpy personally.  He wasn't happy about that question one fucking bit

If aggy were talking to him and he thinks the reporter found out, he maybe wondering what else that reporter knows and wants to ask and is a little worried.