Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You know who is always ready to answer the 12th man if that falls through, and he’s got a son who is in coaching as well

RC_slocum.JPG

I’m sure his son Shawn could be hired away from Arizona State

sl6uz24s3sj6rqla0zvr

And then there’s Jackie, who is still around

607f8c150cb5c.image.jpg?resize=375,500

Gross.

Edit: No homo.

Edited by TheRealRonWeaver?

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

33 minutes ago, Constant said:

It is entirely possible they just got the two situations mixed up right?

"OK, the plane will be landing at the Lexington airport in one hour and we can't wait to see you in College Station. We've got the band, the Yell Leaders, and Reveille all ready to go ... Wait, what's that? You're in Durham? Are you visiting family there for the holidays?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Stringer said:

I can’t find a compelling reason Elko is better than Stoops. Other than, he spent two years there under a guy they hated so much, they spent $70M+ just so he’d go away.

They haven’t paid anything yet …

25 minutes ago, orangebird said:

I can't even find a compelling reason that Elko is better than Jimbo, but here we are.

See, this is where they're playing chess and you're thinking checkers.  They know Jimbo is probably better than Elko, but they can pay Elko less than they were paying Jimbo.  Sure, there was a buyout . . . or two . . . but that's a myopic perspective.  You need to be a big picture type.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vermin said:

So aggy said we'll hire you, but you're stuck promoting a one trick recruiting wizard to significant scheme and play-calling responsibilities in your area of expertise because the academic admin likes him personally.

Really professional management over at aggy.

No way he is having any input on the d scheme or anything for that matter. It sounds like it’s purely title only. To save this class and he moves on next year. He is the Eric bienemey of aggy

Shit this weekend has been glorious.  I'm almost sorry that the aggy corch search saga is drawing to a close...for now.

Still, they never fail to entertain.  I'll be keeping my eyes on what happens to Bjork next.  Does the aggy BOR shitcan him?  Or will they simply haze him like a frat boy pledge at the aggy BOR Christmas party?  And if they do shitcan him, will the aggy AD search be as entertaining as this one was?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I thought it would be Traylor but maybe Traylor wouldn't agree to keeping Robinson.  or he's aware of how batshit crazy the place is.
It is appropriate the coach they hired has a average record of 8-4
Traylor was a serious candidate for aggy and did inteview, but I guarantee you they tried to low-ball him on the contract so they could at least point out the savings to those not thrilled about the hire. Traylor (or his agent) wasnt having it and aggy wasnt prepared to pay near Jimbo money to steal UTSA's coach.

These days if you’re a decent HC and gonna get paid for a few years, no matter what you’re record of achievement, and then get a golden parachute on the way out, you can stomach being anywhere , the system has very little incentive for performance. See: Charlie Strong, Herman, and post 2009 FUPM, Les Miles, etc. A small handful are driven by ego and the need to win, the rest, not so much. They only fight for wins on the way up the career ladder, but once a HC getting guaranteed 7 figures for a few years most give zero fucks it seems.

• Hook 'Em 3