• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 11/27/2023 at 8:58 PM, atomheartbevo said:

They have that fancy law school they bought, I'm sure their top notch lawyers wrote it up.

I still wish Stoops and Co. had put 100 up on them.  Still funny to say "77-0" to an aggy that's going on about history.

The sooners scored 9 tds in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and didn't score in the final 17 minutes.  It's truly one of the most astounding ass whippings in college football history. Could easily have broken 100

6 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The sooners scored 9 tds in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and didn't score in the final 17 minutes.  It's truly one of the most astounding ass whippings in college football history. Could easily have broken 100

They had to stop at 77 because that was all the fingers and toes they had on the roster.

I’ve been to funerals where those idiots might just “whoop!” At some comment of the minister or end of a hymn. The dead were not Aggies.

The weirdest ones it seems are those that are Aggie “ former students”. I have a cousin who went there for one semester, hoping to be a vet, and missed his high school gf so much he quit after Christmas and went back home and got married at 18. Not in the corps. He’s now 67 and acts like he is the model Aggie. Fucktard.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I forgot that they did a running clock in the 4th which is pretty much the ultimate humiliation. Absolutely unheard of at the division one level 

Did someone say run the clock in the 4th quarter down 11 touchdowns?

image.png.152ba650cb2e404001eb8dd344fd7f18.png

Chimpanzione reporting for duty!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The weirdest ones it seems are those that are Aggie “ former students”. I have a cousin who went there for one semester, hoping to be a vet, and missed his high school gf so much he quit after Christmas and went back home and got married at 18. Not in the corps. He’s now 67 and acts like he is the model Aggie. Fucktard.

This is very true.  

120 Million dollars….

120. wow.

https://theathletic.com/5097731/2023/11/29/texas-am-football-college-football-transfer-portal-cfp-rankings-until-saturday/?source=user_shared_article

Almost $120 Million

How much will this cost Texas A&M?

Mike Elko was introduced as Texas A&M’s coach on Monday, so I took some time to crunch the numbers and figure out how much money A&M is committing to spend for its transition away from Jimbo Fisher. Without discrediting Elko — he’s a good hire after all — it is silly to think these dollar signs revolve around dropping a coach who went 6-4 in 2023 (before being fired) to one who went … 7-5.

As we broke down previously, Fisher’s record-breaking buyout will cost A&M $77,562,500 and won’t be paid off until 2031(eight annual payments of $7,271,484 starting in 2024).

Elko signed a six-year deal (through Jan. 31, 2030) worth $7 million per year (Fisher departed with a $9.15 million annual salary). Elko’s contract includes a pile of incentives, but we won’t include any of those in this calculation.

The total amount Texas A&M will spend on this head coaching change is $119,562,500. Yup, that’s the amount of Elko’s total salary for six years ($42 million) combined with Fisher’s total buyout.

This all means that during the next seven years, Texas A&M is guaranteed to spend $17 million per year on its head coach in some capacity. Talk about expensive! (And we haven’t even gotten to the assistants.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Is Elko's six year contract guaranteed money?

NoT the entire contract but at least 75%….

so they’re in the hook for at least 32.5 Million.

So they will pay at least 109 million. Still staggering.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mike-elko-contract-salary-deal-for-new-texas-a-m-coach-heavy-on-incentives-for-postseason-success/amp/

Six years, $42 million total value (runs through Jan. 31, 2030)

A flat-rate buyout of 75% of the contract's remaining value in Years 1-3

A flat-rate buyout of 80% of the contract's remaining value in Years 4-6

$11,000,000 staff salary pool 

32 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

NoT the entire contract but at least 75%….

so they’re in the hook for at least 32.5 Million.

So they will pay at least 109 million. Still staggering.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mike-elko-contract-salary-deal-for-new-texas-a-m-coach-heavy-on-incentives-for-postseason-success/amp/

$109MM to hire Elko. 

ouch

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I love CFB as much as the next guy, probably more. But holy shit that BMD money could have kept a lot of people out of hospices and medical bankruptcies. It's crazy what the ultra rich choose to spend their money on, especially when there's 80+ years of pent up jealousy as the driving factor.

Could have hired more professors for the 30k extra students, too. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

My very rough back of the envelope estimate the other day was roughly $130 million, so this seems right in line with what I had been guessing.

Wow.  There are a lot of schools whose entire annual athletic budget isn't even that high.  And here we have aggy, spending money like a drunken sailor in a whorehouse.  I'd say it's unbelievable...but it's kinda their thing.

The only thing Elko has on Stoops is how fast he did it. But then again he did it during the transfer portal era. Stoops did it in a basketball school and reached 10 wins which is objectively better. And let's not talk about the hypocrisy of the Aggies and how they talk shit about the ACC

1 hour ago, orangebird said:

I remember about 20-25 years ago on HornFans there were still discussions of how Jackie Sherrill had FedEx'ed envelopes of money to aggy players.

Though giving the recruit who never set foot on aggyland a Camaro has to take the cake.

"the recruit"? Like he was some also-ran player whose name is lost to history?

• Haha 2

The year before Stoops was hired UK lost by 40 points to Vanderbilt at home in an empty stadium. When you are this bad it takes time to rebuild. Stoops would be a great hire for a school like Indiana that has a dumpster fire program and wants to be consistently competitive.