• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

8 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’m sure we’ll see the Von Miller Aggie apologists popping up. “She’s a webcam model! She deserved it!” He is an absolute lowlife that enjoyed the full protection of broncos security which is basically a fixer squad. He got out of a few scrapes there. Lowlife Aggie.

maybe not that extreme but they are getting to the ballpark

image.thumb.png.0f07eceafe0e30cc8ed29b1bcf5e61b9.png

7 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

No the idiots who were cheering lockdowns, masks, and vaccines.

Maybe you were cheering, I could't tell...you had a mask on.  

I was happy when vaccines were safely fast-tracked.  But science scares Aggies.  Although "Jab" means something totally different on the moonlit Brazos Plains than it does at my local CVS 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Constant said:

IMG_5692.thumb.jpeg.ca73e83f5bc4cf42812892252aa35a4a.jpeg

Look out for that bullet train. 

You could seriously get an AI to write this shit at this point.  I think I read this exact same post when they hired Jimbo.  Invariably, when they give Elko the Mike Sherman treatment in about five years, this post will pop up again for their next coach.

aggy's favorite coach is always the new one they just hired.

Just like aggy's favorite QB is the one sitting on the bench.

You can set your watch to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, orangebird said:

You could seriously get an AI to write this shit at this point.  I think I read this exact same post when they hired Jimbo.  Invariably, when they give Elko the Mike Sherman treatment in about five years, this post will pop up again for their next coach.

aggy's favorite coach is always the new one they just hired.

Just like aggy's favorite QB is the one sitting on the bench.

You can set your watch to it.

Unlike the last four/five/six coaches that were going to be the ones to bring glory to aggyvile, THIS IS THE ONE who will bring glory to aggyville.

• Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Unlike the last four/five/six coaches that were going to be the ones to bring glory to aggyvile, THIS IS THE ONE who will bring glory to aggyville.

They can never just accept a coach as a reasonable hire and wait to see how it works out. They've been snorting the "sleeping giant" cocaine for so long that the actually believe A&M's natural place is being the preeminent program in college football. So each new coach has to pander to that delusion. It's utterly bizarre.

Over my decades of watching college football, the average season for Texas is 8.5 wins and 3.5 losses. basically oscillating between 8-4 and 9-3. That's life among the big boys, but it has included some very  memorable years along with three national championships. And then there's Aggie, whose only national championship is four generations ago and rapidly passing out of living memory. But they're not just some paltry 8-4 program. No, they're rightful place is as gods among men, winning at a clip that would  make Saban green with envy. Each new coach is a Messiah orbiting the Divinity that is Reveille and the Corps, bringing endless glory to that heaven on earth, land of milk and honey called College Station.

If David Koresh was still around, he'd be their perfect football coach.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Someone just sent me this from a site called "Undying Bonfire."

"This is history.
They enact a memory of Aggies we lost, and rekindle perpetually a great legacy. Bonfire is the foremost leadership lab of its kind in the world. Completely student led and executed, Aggie students test and form themselves and each other throughout the year-round process of building Bonfire."

These people simply defy satire. Everything they do is legendary in their minds.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

Over my decades of watching college football, the average season for Texas is 8.5 wins and 3.5 losses. basically oscillating between 8-4 and 9-3. That's life among the big boys, but it has included some very  memorable years along with three national championships. And then there's Aggie, whose only national championship is four generations ago and rapidly passing out of living memory. 

4 national titles: 1963, 1969,1970,2005

give us our due. We have a lot of unclaimed ones but these are truly legit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The 1970 one was pretty spare because we got beat down by Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl that year

It's not spare. UPI awarded national championships before bowl games. Notre Dame didn't play bowl games for 45 years and won eight national championships (five AP) during that time.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The 1970 one was pretty spare because we got beat down by Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl that year

Still legitimately counts, though. And I wouldn't call that Cotton Bowl a beat down. We actually outgained Notre Dame, held them scoreless in the 2nd half,  and were close to a touchdown that would have brought us within one score before QB Eddie Phillips got hurt.

1977 (the 1978 Cotton Bowl) was the genuine beat down by Notre Dame.

And anyway, 1970 will always be special for the annihilation of Arkansas in the Big Shootout II at the end of the season.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

4 national titles: 1963, 1969,1970,2005

give us our due. We have a lot of unclaimed ones but these are truly legit.

What years would the unclaimed ones be? I almost wish the powers that be would throw those on the stadium wall right before the A&M home game in 2025. I think they should get a mention in the National Championship trophy room though.

10 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

1963 is not in my college football watching window, but it was certainly legit.

My father-in-law graduated from UT in ‘63.  He recently brought up the aggy game in college station from that year because his aggy friends still complain about it.  Texas had to come back in the final minutes to win from being down 13-3.  Texas needed a touchdown (then down 13-9) to win and our back up QB threw what looked to be an interception in the end zone but it was ruled out of bounds.  We scored thereafter to beat  2-7-1 aggy.  I guess SWC refs liked us back then!

My FIL also remembers Navy challenging our being named national champions after the regular season and we then on to beat them and Roger Staubach pretty easily in the Cotton Bowl.

• Hook 'Em 1

What years would the unclaimed ones be? I almost wish the powers that be would throw those on the stadium wall right before the A&M home game in 2025. I think they should get a mention in the National Championship trophy room though.
Before aggy game then take them down after, just to make a statement.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

Aggie would counter by just awarding themselves a bunch of titles from the 1880s and 1890s, under the logic that if they had played Yale or Princeton or Harvard, they would have won.

54 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

No.  Absolutely not.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

Not sure the years but I think if we claimed those BS titles we'd be up to like nine or something.