Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

10 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

The only time I have watched A&M since 2011 was the closing minutes of their win over Bama in 2012. They just haven't done anything worth watching besides that.

You missed the glory that was last year's App State game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

…but they were put in danger by people who knew what they were doing was reckless, at best. I don’t think anyone thinks it’s actually funny that they died. They think it’s “funny” (as in weird and pathetic) that tradition was much more important to leadership than life. The whole episode is tragic and was easily avoided. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

GAjgrXAWAAAiaaE?format=jpg&name=medium

The best part about those idiots (that helps us a lot) is the fact that their penis envy for Austin is what's keeping that program down. Every move they make is with Texas living rent free in their feeble minds. It's about "t.u.". it's always been about "t.u." and it's the thing that keeps them in their place. They can't see the big picture because of it. it's why we so easily passed them up before we even got there.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, utee94 said:

I won't speak for anyone else, but I choose to hold myself to a higher standard than ags do.

So I'm not going to joke about 12 dead kids regardless of the aggie stupidity that led to that.

As is your right. I know one personally who made a derogatory comment about dkr when he died which was a hell of a lot worse than a silly photo so fuck them. I'll remove the photo if it offends people. 

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I won't speak for anyone else, but I choose to hold myself to a higher standard than ags do.

So I'm not going to joke about 12 dead kids regardless of the aggie stupidity that led to that.

unable to edit or I would remove. If the mods want to remove it they can. This is surly..I thought tasteless is just what we do here. I guess i misread the room.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, FtheBig12 said:

As is your right. I know one personally who made a derogatory comment about dkr when he died which was a hell of a lot worse than a silly photo so fuck them. I'll remove the photo if it offends people. 

I'm just stating my opinion and my position.  I'm not down for censorship, you should do whatever you feel is right.  I think it's crude and in poor taste.

And believe me, I get it-- over the decades I've heard countless jokes and other crude remarks from ags about the Whitman murders, many of them suggesting that somehow Austin and "t.u." and "t-sips" somehow deserved to be slaughtered by a madman.  I'm disgusted by that kind of talk as well, and will freely state my opinion as such. 

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, utee94 said:

I'm just stating my opinion and my position.  I'm not down for censorship, you should do whatever you feel is right.  I think it's crude and in poor taste.

And believe me, I get it-- over the decades I've heard countless jokes and other crude remarks from ags about the Whitman murders, many of them suggesting that somehow Austin and "t.u." and "t-sips" somehow deserved to be slaughtered by a madman.  I'm disgusted by that kind of talk as well, and will freely state my opinion as such. 

Fair enough you are probably right. Shouldn't lower myself to their standard. I can no longer edit or I'd just delete. Mods feel free if you find it offensive.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, FtheBig12 said:

yeah I get it. Won't let me delete or I would. I have my reason for my hate I shouldn't subject others to it :)

We can probably page the TAMS nerd admin @immamac to help out

Just now, markstanco said:

He seems to be good at singing their songs and swaying left and right. 

No idea if that dog likes him or not, time will tell. 

I thought the dog liked anyone who met with the THSCA and could sing I want my mommy at non auctioneer speed....

1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

Correct. Aggies will forever deserve to be mocked/derided for their stupidity in creating such an epic disaster. Not to mention doubling down on it by insisting on continuing to make the same dumbass decisions by having an off campus bonfire. Mocking the deceased victims of Aggie stupidity is the line I don’t cross.

Particularly when most (or all) were college aged kids.  There is a reason wars are fought by young people -- they aren't very adept at assessing risk.  The "adults" failed them.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

"Weak schedule".  That's rich.  Jeff Sagarin's rankings can lead to head-scratching at times, but they're not completely out to lunch -- here are his schedule strength rankings of the teams in question:

Michigan (56)

Washington (5)

Texas (4)

Alabama (12)

FSU (61)

Georgia (46)

Ohio State (36)

Oregon (25)

So, the hardest schedule of playoff contenders.  Good call, Ags.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Exhibit A of aggy delusion.  "Used to dominate the big 12 for the most part . . ." 

It appears that winning 1 conference championship in 16 seasons, compiling a conference winning percentage of approximately 54%, losing 10 of 16 games to Tech, and losing 11 of 16 games to Texas = domination in this sap's mind. 

Slight correct: The Big 12 in the 90s.

14 minutes ago, TOR said:

“Ah, anything in this general area right in here. Anything below the stereo and on this side of the Bicentennial glasses. Anything between the ashtrays and the thimbles. Anything in this three inches. Right in here, this area, that includes the Chiclets but not the erasers.”

Anywhere between Jan 2nd and Dec 31 on this calendar, except for November 27th.

1998 Yearly Calendar

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Weak schedule".  That's rich.  Jeff Sagarin's rankings can lead to head-scratching at times, but they're not completely out to lunch -- here are his schedule strength rankings of the teams in question:

Michigan (56)

Washington (5)

Texas (4)

Alabama (12)

FSU (61)

Georgia (46)

Ohio State (36)

Oregon (25)

So, the hardest schedule of playoff contenders.  Good call, Ags.

Billy Liucci claims we had a weak schedule.  The Ags believe him.

The truth is that Texas, I think in about 80% of the years since the Ags left the Big 12, has had the harder schedule than A&M.  A lot of that is due to them playing UGA only once, typically having only 4 road games, playing nonconference pansies, and getting South Carolina as their permanent rivals.  

That way they can, in their good years, win their nonconference patsies, South Carolina, and three other scrub SEC teams and brag about going 8-4 in the brutal SEC.  Which is like going undefeated in the BDF.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

The truth is that Texas, I think in about 80% of the years since the Ags left the Big 12, has had the harder schedule than A&M.  A lot of that is due to them playing UGA only once, typically having only 4 road games, playing nonconference pansies, and getting South Carolina as their permanent rivals.  

That way they can, in their good years, win their nonconference patsies, South Carolina, and three other scrub SEC teams and brag about going 8-4 in the brutal SEC.  Which is like going undefeated in the BDF.

And the crazy part to all of this, they have never won 10 games since the SEC set up their permanent rival in South Carolina. Despite all the advantages they claim to have, and routinely playing 7 or 8 home games. They have never won 10 games.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

The truth is that Texas, I think in about 80% of the years since the Ags left the Big 12, has had the harder schedule than A&M. 

They have to believe this in the core of their beings or they'll crater.  That's why Billy has been able to fleece them all these years just telling them what they want to hear.  Those Stuart Smalleys have to believe that they're good enough and people like them.  And that they're better than mean ol t.u.

Facts schmacts.

Edited by Scholz
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Ashylarry said:

Every year Aggy claims they would bulldoze through the big 12 conference...but they seem to forget their loss to App State AT HOME while ranked #6 lol

... and as they're about to run away scared from OSU and cancel their bowl game (again).

17 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

This is a good example of what Billy and aggy are very good at in creating false narratives.  They begin with the false narrative as a base and then go down that track to build on it to establish their error laden opinions on a matter.  Ultimately they get far down the line with the aggy collective believing it to avoid the truth and also to distract from their own shortcomings.

Let me be clear that when I say they are good at the above, it’s not because I believe they deliberately think out that strategy. It’s just that they are so deluded, they actually believe what they are saying.  

• Hook 'Em 1