Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

50 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

GD7RqQDXIAAgn10?format=jpg&name=large

This is very aggie. Very, very aggie.

Let me try to continue this train of logic.

Why even spend money on an Athletic Department. Just get a great football corch, and keep him for life.

Edited by BurntEyes

55 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This is very aggie. Very, very aggie.

Let me try to continue this train of logic.

Why even spend money on an Athletic Department. Just get a great football corch, and keep him for life.

Never go full Aggie.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

GD7RqQDXIAAgn10?format=jpg&name=large

Exactly! He is on to something here! While you’re at it:

Why do you need a football team - no significant accomplishments since 1939 (assuming you even take that title seriously)

Why do you need a basketball team - Buzz has 0 tournament wins and team has  0 Final Fours ( the white Shaka?)

Why do you need a baseball team - 0 national titles

Hell, while we’re at it, why do you need the university - diploma mill / back door for nuclear secrets and Chinese spies / etc.

That is a lot of $ that could be diverted to much more worthwhile causes.

Profit!!! 🤑

• Hook 'Em 3

On 1/13/2024 at 11:47 PM, ABSR said:

Well, the good news is “ONE” of us did not get with her.  

Way back when, a friend from up north asked me, "Do you know the difference between the Texas girls and other girls? The other girls say, 'you can', and the Texas girls say, 'y'all can'. "

On 1/14/2024 at 11:28 AM, Hagbard Celine said:

katy and celina are rubarbs: rural suburbs

... but retain the trappings of the rural town they once were ...  a disproportionate number of obscenely over-powered trucks that are never actually only occasionally used for their natural applications.

FIFY

The migration of the Texas deer hunter along I-10 west of Katy is a sight similar to the migration of the wildebeest, the Canadian goose and the monarch butterfly. 

The steed of choice would be the 4 wheel drive diesel, 'cause in a pinch, that is the only thing that will do.  Sometimes, you need 2 trucks to pull the first one out. Don't ask how I know that.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

tOSU officially hires Bjork as AD!

From ESPN's article on it. Might need to roll one up and reread it.

"Few athletics directors have established such an impressive and strong record of success in athletics, in the classroom and throughout the community," Carter said in a statement. "The bar is incredibly high at Ohio State, and we have found in Ross a highly intelligent and effective leader -- not to mention a fierce competitor."

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/39323088/ohio-state-hires-ross-bjork-texas-new-ad

That said, it is just another fucked day for aggy. Anyone monitoring TexAgs?

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

The bar is incredibly high at Ohio State

Did he demonstrate that bar jumping ability when he went along with the Jimbo salary, or when he hired and fired Stoops on the same day?

• Haha 2

We really need Thujone to come back around August and chronicle all the insanity....

It's almost too much to list in bullet point form let alone picasso level MS paint form but we needs it like a crack fiend needs that last hit.

4 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

We really need Thujone to come back around August and chronicle all the insanity....

It's almost too much to list in bullet point form let alone picasso level MS paint form but we needs it like a crack fiend needs that last hit.

So we need a Surly signal like the bat signal? A longhorn projected into the clouds.

Few athletics directors have established such an impressive and strong record of success in athletics 

I am not surprised tOSU boned this up . . . a bit . . . but did they even realize that A&M extended a mediocre coach to the point where they had to pay him $78M to leave?

58 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

"Few athletics directors have established such an impressive and strong record of success in athletics, in the classroom and throughout the community," Carter said in a statement. "The bar is incredibly high at Ohio State, and we have found in Ross a highly intelligent and effective leader -- not to mention a fierce competitor."

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/39323088/ohio-state-hires-ross-bjork-texas-new-ad

Success in athletics???

How are we defining success?  That nobody got killed?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Honestly I think this is a win for aggy and they don't even know it.  My big concern is that they might actually go out and accidentally hire a decent AD to replace him.  Bjork was an empty suit and his main job was turning the lights out in the athletics building on his way home every night.

• Hook 'Em 2

The aggy level of mental gymnastics is in full force at tOSU. Apparently stupid and delusional is the way to go through life in Ohio. Ole Miss AND aggy were ecstatic to see him go, but that means nothing!!!

From elevenwarriors 

Rivals poster that I greatly respect has this to say. 

This is a very rare instance where I actually know the person in question: Ross's reputation behind closed doors among university leadership is markedly different than the crazy, petulant, ridiculousness that you're going to hear from the TexAgs frequent poster crowd. Holding Ross accountable for the peccadillos of Hugh Freeze is analogous to holding Gene responsible for Zach Smith. Sure, the buck stops at his desk - but these are professional people and their tasking does not extend to managing personal lives. (IMO). His problem at A&M is the shadow regime of donors that serve as de facto player personnel directors and would be ADs. It's an impossible job. The donors forced that Jimbo extension out of desperation and panic - that wasn't Ross's sole decision. In the AD world, most people will tell you that Ross inherited a disaster wrapped in a catastrophe of mismanagement from Scott Woodward. I'm not saying that Ross is great - I am saying that he is at least good.

Someone pointed out the fact that this guy has been at the forefront of Texas A&M having some of the best sports facilities in the country and will take one look at Ohio State’s football facilities and basketball arena and change everything

The new president interviewed the A&M AD, Pat Chun, and somebody else and seems is deciding on the A&M AD. That's enough for me honestly. It really feels like someone that's going to take Ohio State into the new world of athletics from facilities to NIL and so much more.

Yeah, I am not going to form an opinion yet, but the Aggies fans not liking him doesn’t mean a damn thing to me. Fans are stupid and irrational. 

Edited by StrippersAndNobelPrizes

Maybe the reporter accidentally researched the NM state aggies AD.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

He's responsible for whatever success gomer had, but not responsible for any of the demise? Got it. He was full on board with that mammoth extension and I know I speak for everyone here, we're sad to see him go. 

• Like 1

I think the OSU search committee googled the successful recent history of the wrong Texas University Athletic Director? It happens, as I’ve “google searched” crap for an hour and totally went down the “rabbit hole” of misleading shit!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, deft said:

Maybe the reporter accidentally researched the NM state aggies AD.

That ain't it.  They had to shut the basketball team down early last year and fire the entire coaching staff because of all the rape, murder, arson, and rape that was being perpetrated by the team, so they most definitely did not have an impressive and strong record of success in athletics, in the classroom and throughout the community.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1