• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

To be fair, Oregon is a very good school academically.  Plus the cash.  Nebraska was always a head-scratcher since it's by far the shittiest academic school in the Big 10.  But at the time, it still had name cache and maybe they thought they'd reboot themselves as a football powerhouse.  But that obviously didn't happen.  And Rutgers though?  I mean, shit.  Jackie Aprile, Jr. got into Rutgers.  I think A.J., too.  How hard can it be?  

Obviously the Big 10 would want its footprint in Texas, but they still have some integrity left.  There were the innovators of athletic conference research collaboration/funding.  But most of the people that know that in their conference are probably dead now.  So maybe they figure "Meh, why the hell not?"  And then flash forward a couple years to Gob Bluth looking out the window, "I've made a huge mistake..."  

Rutgers was also wanted for wrestling. 

19 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

This. B1G schools pride themselves on academics.

They do have pride, but the B10 can collectively blow me. Bitch stewie could get into most of those schools.

bitchstewie.jpg.b4a3ca26d830b596cd2eca996bbefd8d.jpg

Edited by redswingline
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Running from the Ashley Scoggin case before they fired him for cause? 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-university-nebraska-basketball-player-says-was-groomed-coach-se-rcna139606

Spoiler

A former University of Nebraska basketball player filed suit against the school, saying athletic department officials should have done more to protect her from being groomed by an assistant coach.

Ashley Scoggin named the school’s board of regents, coach Amy Williams, athletic director Trev Alberts and former assistant coach Chuck Love Jr. as defendants in her federal lawsuit.

“The University was made aware of the lawsuit Monday morning,” University of Nebraska spokesperson Melissa Lee said in a statement to NBC News on Tuesday. Lee said the statement was on behalf of the school, Williams and Albert.

“While the University does not comment on the specifics of pending litigation, it does not agree with the allegations contained in the complaint and intends to vigorously defend this matter.”

Love did not immediately return messages left at multiple, publicly listed phone numbers for him on Tuesday.

According to the lawsuit, Love began pursuing Scoggin in the summer of 2021 before they shared a kiss in a Costco parking lot, with the married defendant allegedly asking her, “Have you ever done anything with a coach before?”

“The relationship turned sexual,” the complaint said. “When Love wanted to have sex, he expected Ashley to be available and willing. Because Love was married and Ashley did not live alone, this involved sexual relations in different locations in University of Nebraska Department of Athletics facilities. It also included summoning Ashley to his hotel room when the team traveled to road games.”

The player said she feared going to Williams because the head coach would “lose her temper unpredictably, to insert herself arbitrarily into seemingly minor personality conflicts amongst team members, and to otherwise demonstrate loose boundaries,” the lawsuit claimed. 

“Ashley was a keeper of this secret, making excuses when she would have to leave a room or a gathering because Love had summoned her to meet him for sex,” according to the lawsuit. “Love expected her to become available whenever he texted or messaged her.”

Recommended

SPACESpaceX prepares third test of Starship rocket

U.S. NEWSArkansas stops offering 'X' as an alternative to male and female on state IDs

Scoggin’s teammates had long suspected the pair were in an improper relationship, according to the lawsuit, which was allegedly exposed during a February 2022 trip to Penn State.

Top women’s programs often retain “practice players,” male students who once played organized basketball, to scrimmage against the scholarship females.

A Nebraska practice player tricked hotel staff into giving him a key to the assistant coach’s room, leading to “two team members confronting Ashley in Love’s room” before they “reported their findings and showed their video recording to Williams,” the lawsuit said. The lawsuit does not specify what was on the video or if Love was in it.

Love instructed Scoggin to deny any allegations of an improper relationship, which she did at a team meeting the next day with Love sitting next to her, according to the suit. But the head coach and players allegedly accused her of lying, the suit said.

“Williams cast Ashley in the role of a seducer and a liar. She allowed the players to berate and accuse Ashley for hours,” the lawsuit said. “She did not redirect or counsel the players that what they had seen may be the result of an abuse of power by her Associate Head Coach.”  

Both Love and Scoggin, who was one of the team’s best 3-point shooters, connecting on 55 of 131 long-range attempts (42%) that season for the Huskers, were both suspended from the team.

Love resigned from the University of Nebraska in May 2022, announcing at the time, “I have come to the decision to move on and be with family and explore other opportunities.” Scoggin transferred to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where she’s playing for the 22-2 Lady Rebels.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Made this for Gameday when we played Tech in 200_ when Trev got canned by ESPN, but they never made an official announcement. He's such a detestable douche.

gday3.jpg.c8c60faa752363b500760de36de30338.jpg

"Never underestimate the heart of a Nebraska farm boy." (unless it's an aggie?)

- Trev Alberts

I'm wondering what "success" Nebraska has had in the past 3 years under Alberts appeals to aggy?

Do they have some type of powerhouse NIL program? If so, what does it entail? I'd say A&M would be better off hiring an assistant AD from a better program, like UT, but the Ohio State braintrust just hired Bjork, so WTF...Quality sports administrators must be in short supply.

I can't get over this. A&M had months to figure out who to hire, and they chose to money whip an AD whose number is retired at his current school and just signed an 8 year extension in November. It's just so corny and villainous. 

A&M has so much money but they are so insecure about it they have to peacock with shit like this. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

11 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I can't get over this. A&M had months to figure out who to hire, and they chose to money whip an AD whose number is retired at his current school and just signed an 8 year extension in November. It's just so corny and villainous. 

A&M has so much money but they are so insecure about it they have to peacock with shit like this. 

It isn't even a good hire to even peacock about 

• Hook 'Em 3

I think the AD position has largely become an NIL recruiting and fundraising position with schools willing to look the other way on other stupid shit they do. Say what you want about Bjork, but he milked the shit out of their donor base. Alberts has been successful in getting a somewhat competent NIL program off the ground, and he made a splash hire in Rhule. I expect him to hit the ground running at ATM and the rubes will just keep throwing money at things like MOAR FACILITIES. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

As said by others, what has he accomplished that he will bring to aggy?   He does have high name recognition, although not for being a good AD.  Maybe that was their search criteria, who has the highest Q score or name recognition. 

Hitler was unavailable and had already made many videos mocking aggy, so Trevor it is!

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

And they tried to manifest CDC going to USC to harm UT. They failed at that. Now they hire Trev Alberts? WTF has Nebraska done in the last 20 years that warrants hiring Trev fucking Alberts?

But hey, yall do yall…