• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Friend of mine did this to get into UT. Circa ‘01.  It worked, and he did well once he got into UT. But he wasn’t close to top 10% in our school. 

I can appreciate there are people who have tried all sorts of stunts to get their kid into A&M (the origin of this tangent). My point was that reasonable parents don't dumb down their kid's high school education to get them into A&M, a school with a 70% admission rate.

300,000 kids graduate from high school in Texas each year. 150,000 of them go on to some sort of post-secondary education. UT Austin takes about 8,000 each year, A&M accepts about 14,000 each year. So we are at 22,000 of the 150,000 or 15%. Any kid who wants to can go through the "Chevron/A&M Engineering Academy" and attend the JUCOs in any major Texas city. If they manage a 2.5 over their first two years, they are guaranteed admission into A&M's engineering program. Kids with below 2.5 gpas are admitted on a regular basis after review.

If a kid can't manage a 2.5 at a JUCO, maybe snowflake doesn't belong at a school with a "rigorous" 70% acceptance rate.

Dumbing down the high school education of a kid who already can't pull off a 2.5 at a JUCO isn't a prescription for academic success.

The thought that A&M is tough to get into is laughable. I get that it is tough for some, but not for most college-bound kids. Most A&M students are far from "the best and brightest." There is a reason A&M focuses more on cultural indoctrination than on academics. Not many sharp knives in the aggy drawer.

And, for the record, my offer still stands to pay $1,000 to each and every person, aggy or not, who can guess which 1907 aggy football game their "yell leader" tradition was originated. They had five home football games that year. I will give anyone who wants to play six guesses.

Like I said, not sharp people.

aggy 1907 chalenge.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I can appreciate there are people who have tried all sorts of stunts to get their kid into A&M (the origin of this tangent). My point was that reasonable parents don't dumb down their kid's high school education to get them into A&M, a school with a 70% admission rate.

People do all kinds of things to make sure their kids get into whatever legacy school they bleed for.  Aunt Becky out front of the jail should have told you.  

I understand that in the last 4-5 years aggy has dumbed down their requirements some.  Used to be people would join the corp, then quit if they were lacking the grades.  I get the premise.  To act like it doesn't happen at many schools is dumb. 

13 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Undefeated USC gets into The Four prior to aggy, because they’re aggy!

I thought so too, but the committee putting USC at 13 this week doesn't set up well for it.  They'll have to move them 9 spots (assuming they win the Pac championship).  Don't see that happening.

I have a sinking feeling that aggy gonna get in the CFP this year.  Maybe the only way that doesn't happen is if Clemson/ND gets canceled.  Might be the first time I've pulled for a football game to be canceled in my life, and definitely the first time I've cheered for the rona.  But come on rona!!!

• Haha 1

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/12/16/texas-am-chegg-cheating/?utm_source=Texas+Tribune+Newsletters&utm_campaign=e378aaa2c4-trib-newsletters-top-story-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d9a68d8efc-e378aaa2c4-101204549&mc_cid=e378aaa2c4&mc_eid=e270f9fe31

Not judging yet, will probably come out about a lot more schools.  But Evan and Tribune fucking hate A&M (not their athletics teams, more their culture), so I'm sure they decided to lead with them first.  

Every fucking decade with these clowns.  Guess they wanted to get it out of the way early in the 20's.  

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/12/16/texas-am-chegg-cheating/?utm_source=Texas+Tribune+Newsletters&utm_campaign=e378aaa2c4-trib-newsletters-top-story-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d9a68d8efc-e378aaa2c4-101204549&mc_cid=e378aaa2c4&mc_eid=e270f9fe31

Not judging yet, will probably come out about a lot more schools.  But Evan and Tribune fucking hate A&M (not their athletics teams, more their culture), so I'm sure they decided to lead with them first.  

Every fucking decade with these clowns.  Guess they wanted to get it out of the way early in the 20's.  

Evan doesn't hate A&M. In fact, he has been famous for assigning aggys to cover aggy-related stories, Matt Watkins being a prime example. And just try discussing that with Evan, because he is as thin-skinned as anyone in the media.

Color me shocked that the academic powerhouse known as Texas A&M is struggling to get non-academically inclined students to take academics seriously. You want to drop admissions requirements, you should expect to have a lower caliber of student. How can this be a surprise to even the aggys?

The student's response is classic - "if you are going to blame the students, then you also have to blame the professors."

As stated before, there are two parties involved in the application of academic integrity. One of which is the party responsible for overseeing the course. The responsibility of ensuring justice relies largely upon this party. Holding the fate of many students within their hands, they need to be held responsible as well to promote reasonable measures aimed at upholding academic integrity. This fiasco, one which has the potential to severely hinder the professional success of many young minds, could have been prevented from the very start. If sanctions are applied to these students, then those responsible for academic integrity within their courses should also face sanctions for their lack of responsibility. There has to be a better way to allow students to prove their knowledge without crucifying their academic integrity based on negligence by the professors. This is not just a case of a few dozen students. This is potentially a case of a few hundred.

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/4ecefc60488aab0aeabbcd681304075b/TAMU.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke

14 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

This is a wild hunch but I have a feeling if Clemson loses a one score game to Notre Dame the committee will put them at 4 just to avoid the A&M-Alabama rematch.

They'd just put Notre Dame at #1 and A&M at #4, or Bama at #1 and Ohio State at #4 

So yeah, root for Clemson and Ohio State this weekend 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, markstanco said:
15 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:
This is a wild hunch but I have a feeling if Clemson loses a one score game to Notre Dame the committee will put them at 4 just to avoid the A&M-Alabama rematch.

And possibly get a clemson nd re-re-match?

At least it has a chance to be competitive. aggy has 0.000% chance to even stay within 3 scores of Bama.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

They'd just put Notre Dame at #1 and A&M at #4, or Bama at #1 and Ohio State at #4 

So yeah, root for Clemson and Ohio State this weekend 

No way Bama isn't #1 after they beat Florida. And pretty impossible to justify Aggy jumping OSU after OSU wins a conference CCG vs a top 15 team and Aggy plays garbage Tenn. They'd completely out themselves as a sham

Clemson-Bama (4v1) and ND-OSU (2v3) would be a great playoff even if Clemson loses a close one. It's possible and there's a legit argument, but doubt they'd keep Clemson in. 

I don't see any way ND falls out. Even if they get blown out, they're competing against Aggy who had their own blowout loss. ND has wins over Clemson and UNC which trumps just Florida. Auburn win is comparable to BC+Pitt. I think they'd just fall to 4 and play Bama in round 1.

Also, don't totally sleep on ISU with a win. If they really value CCGs at all, ISU has a case. They'd be 3-2 vs top 25 teams with a conference title vs 1-1 for Aggy and no CCG. ISU 2-0 vs top 10 (although OU would fall out of the top 10) vs 1-1 Aggy (FL may fall out too). If UL beats Coastal, the case strengthens even more. Biggest problem for ISU realistically might be TV draw..

Edited by Tex-19

I mentioned a few weeks ago that the absolute best thing the aggies can hope for is to get left out of the playoff.

If they get in, they will get absolutely bitch slapped by any of those other teams and everyone in the country will see it and the talking heads will go on and on about how it was expected because they played a shit schedule for the year.

If they don't get in, they get to do what aggies do best....bleat on and on about how the "would have" beat those teams if they had just been given the chance and it will go down in aggie lore forever that they just got screwed by the man and that they definitely would have won a championship in 2020. Put it on the fucking wall!

The wildcard (bitches!) will be if they don't get in, who do they end up playing in whatever Bowl game they fall to? If they end up playing someone like Iowa State and get fucking pantsed, their argument about "we woulda beat bama!" would be completely unfounded.

10 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I mentioned a few weeks ago that the absolute best thing the aggies can hope for is to get left out of the playoff.

If they get in, they will get absolutely bitch slapped by any of those other teams and everyone in the country will see it and the talking heads will go on and on about how it was expected because they played a shit schedule for the year.

If they don't get in, they get to do what aggies do best....bleat on and on about how the "would have" beat those teams if they had just been given the chance and it will go down in aggie lore forever that they just got screwed by the man and that they definitely would have won a championship in 2020. Put it on the fucking wall!

The wildcard (bitches!) will be if they don't get in, who do they end up playing in whatever Bowl game they fall to? If they end up playing someone like Iowa State and get fucking pantsed, their argument about "we woulda beat bama!" would be completely unfounded.

Projections right now have the farmers playing UNC and FUPM in the Orange Bowl. I have my money on Mack. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

No way Bama isn't #1 after they beat Florida. And pretty impossible to justify Aggy jumping OSU after OSU wins a conference CCG vs a top 15 team and Aggy plays garbage Tenn. They'd completely out themselves as a sham

Clemson-Bama (4v1) and ND-OSU (2v3) would be a great playoff even if Clemson loses a close one. It's possible and there's a legit argument, but doubt they'd keep Clemson in. 

I don't see any way ND falls out. Even if they get blown out, they're competing against Aggy who had their own blowout loss. ND has wins over Clemson and UNC which trumps just Florida. Auburn win is comparable to BC+Pitt. I think they'd just fall to 4 and play Bama in round 1.

Also, don't totally sleep on ISU with a win. If they really value CCGs at all, ISU has a case. They'd be 3-2 vs top 25 teams with a conference title vs 1-1 for Aggy and no CCG. ISU 2-0 vs top 10 (although OU would fall out of the top 10) vs 1-1 Aggy (FL may fall out too). If UL beats Coastal, the case strengthens even more. Biggest problem for ISU realistically might be TV draw..

What are you talking about? I said root for Clemson and Ohio State, because A&M only gets in if one of them loses 

5 hours ago, markstanco said:
16 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

And possibly get a clemson nd re-re-match?

1. Alabama vs 4. Clemson

2. Notre Dame vs 3. Ohio State

and if Notre Dame vs Clemson III happens, it happens. The first game was great. My scenario (a one score game) would indicate the sequel was at least a good if not great game. Three Clemson-Notre Dame games would still be better to the committee than seeing A&M get buttfucked by Alabama again.

Edited by ATLLonghorn

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

What are you talking about? I said root for Clemson and Ohio State, because A&M only gets in if one of them loses 

I get that but I don't agree when you say they'd put ND #1 or OSU #4 in that scenario. 

The rest is just general playoff commentary 

From the Texas Monthly article on Lt. Gen. Lawrence Sullivan Ross, C.S.A.(ret), known to most as "the gallant Texas negro killer":

"As he sought public office in the years after the Civil War, Ross embellished details of the event so that he would appear more heroic. Ranching legend Charles Goodnight, who inspired the character Woodrow Call in Lonesome Dove, once dubbed Ross “a lying four-flusher,” an old-fashioned term for someone who makes empty claims for personal gain.

To learn more about the four-flusher, I then drove two hundred miles to the house of retired attorney and former Hood County district judge Tom Crum, on the Brazos River southeast of Granbury. Crum has spent more than 25 years researching the 1860 massacre. He has located nine accounts Ross gave, all different. “He’d be the ideal person to have on the witness stand,” Crum said, “until he gets cross-examined.” 

https://www.texasmonthly.com/being-texan/pease-river-battle

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump and the Ags got robbed by fraud! Worst things to happen to aggy in 2020. 

Jesus, if ever there were two whining heaps of shit that deserve one another.  I'm all for drunken, anonymous rants on the interwebs, but grown white men of immense privilege complaining over and over again, for weeks on end, about how the system is screwing them over in REAL LIFE.  It's fucking exhausting.  It makes for fun interwebs, but it's no way to conduct yourself in real life.  I'm guessing A&M is on its way to filing 59 lawsuits by the end of bowl season.  /noCR...a bitch is a bitch

aggy fans chirping about the “chip” they will now be playing with next year and beyond and how this disrespect sets the edge for the push next year and beyond. Only the most enlightened aggy understand that this was it. This was the run and what 75mm buy ought ya. An almost made the playoffs in a Covid clusterfuck disaster year. Raise the banner. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Please, sweet baby Jesus. Let Mack brown go in and beat the brakes off of aggy just like old times. Some things are just meant to be. Mack owning aggy should be one of those things. 

This... should start the conversations with they are a really, really good team, very well coached,  I thought they should have been in the playoffs.. yada, yada.. and then go blow them out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Jesus, if ever there were two whining heaps of shit that deserve one another.  I'm all for drunken, anonymous rants on the interwebs, but grown white men of immense privilege complaining over and over again, for weeks on end, about how the system is screwing them over in REAL LIFE.  It's fucking exhausting.  It makes for fun interwebs, but it's no way to conduct yourself in real life.  I'm guessing A&M is on its way to filing 59 lawsuits by the end of bowl season.  /noCR...a bitch is a bitch

FOIA requests!

Tibbers

I urge everyone to make FOIA requests in relation to each institution and their discussions with any committee member. Just as we saw with FIFA, there is too much money to not have one or a few of them taking kickbacks and bribes. It's time we blow the system up and prove fraudulent behavior. Let's go lawyer Ags, do something useful as I am. These are public universities and all communications are bound under these requests. Let's ****ing go and let's actually see some real meaningful change.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3168724