• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

At the height of some of our better seasons I remember laughing at texags declaring that we were overrated and how they'd wipe the floor with us. So I won't do that.

They're having a good season. After the schedule shake up and player opt outs I thought they'd crater. That Florida win looks better than I thought it was at the time.

I think they're getting the sec treatment in the rankings but their record is pretty strong, with the win over Florida and the only loss to Bama (and what a loss it was). South Carolina isn't good, but that was an epic beat down.

The only silver lining I can find is that it should help our urgency to make the right next move. The contract aggy gave Jimbo was beyond insane, but at least they're starting to see results. Maybe he didn't just go there to pad his retirement after all.

They took a big risk and appear to be seeing some returns. We have a chance to make a much less risky move and quickly close the gap. Will we do it?

The Evidence of PPP Fraud Mounts, Officials Say

Reports of waste and abuse in the Paycheck Protection Program inundate government watchdogs and federal prosecutors

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ppp-was-a-fraudster-free-for-all-investigators-say-11604832072

But evidence is growing that many others took advantage of the program’s open-door design. Banks and the government allowed companies to self-certify that they needed the funds, with little vetting.

Tens of thousands of organizations also appear to have received more money than they should have based on their headcounts and compensation rates, it said.

Edited by Randolph Duke

Them or LSU. I'm fully expecting aggy to find a way to lose to LSU. I think they might hate them more than Texas ever did.
LSU fucking up their dream season and potential playoff chances would be absolutely beautiful, but I believe the game is in cs this year and I don't think they'll need 7 OTs to fix a game against this particular tiger squad.
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
8 hours ago, ztejas said:
Them or LSU. I'm fully expecting aggy to find a way to lose to LSU. I think they might hate them more than Texas ever did.

LSU fucking up their dream season and potential playoff chances would be absolutely beautiful, but I believe the game is in cs this year and I don't think they'll need 7 OTs to fix a game against this particular tiger squad.

aggy having their season fall apart because of the COVID spread they have insisted is “fake news” would be typically aggy. 

I guess it speaks to their sincerity of not wanting to wear masks if they are willing to possibly piss a CFP playoff appearance down the drain because it spread to their football team. 

Aggies athletic director Ross Bjork told ESPN's Heather Dinich there are "over a dozen" players who will be out for 14 days because of contact tracing protocols, with "no way out of it." Injuries and opt-outs also will impact whether or not the Aggies can field a roster with 53 scholarship players.”

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30286532/texas-aggies-pause-activities-multiple-positive-coronavirus-tests

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

The sec is pretty bad this year. Aggy got picked 2 lose only 2 games all year and the went 1-1. Good win vs Florida. Alabama trashed them. If florida beats Alabama in the sec championship game that would be comical. Same with clemson beating nd. Or oregon winning out. You get my drift here.

Their best chance ever in 80 years and will have to wait again.

A&M Policy, man.  If we don't test, we don't know who is Covid-19 positive or really fucking bad at the arts and sciences.  

If some of these SEC schools tested their "student"-athletes for academic prowess like they tested them for coronavirus...their programs would be in even deeper shit. 

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

A&M Policy, man.  If we don't test, we don't know who is Covid-19 positive or really fucking bad at the arts and sciences.  

If some of these SEC schools tested their "student"-athletes for academic prowess like they tested them for coronavirus...their programs would be in even deeper shit. 

“...and a cultural bias that impedes risk identification”

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 

On 11/9/2020 at 1:40 PM, Randolph Duke said:

aggy having their season fall apart because of the COVID spread they have insisted is “fake news” would be typically aggy. 

I guess it speaks to their sincerity of not wanting to wear masks if they are willing to possibly piss a CFP playoff appearance down the drain because it spread to their football team. 

Aggies athletic director Ross Bjork told ESPN's Heather Dinich there are "over a dozen" players who will be out for 14 days because of contact tracing protocols, with "no way out of it." Injuries and opt-outs also will impact whether or not the Aggies can field a roster with 53 scholarship players.”

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30286532/texas-aggies-pause-activities-multiple-positive-coronavirus-tests

It would actually be incredible and I'm thinking it's going to happen at this point. Miracle outside chance at the CFP and they could get wins vacated due to breaking COVID protocol.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It would actually be incredible and I'm thinking it's going to happen at this point. Miracle outside chance at the CFP and they could get wins vacated due to breaking COVID protocol.

They won’t have wins vacated. There is no need for the NCAA to be sending any long-term message about pandemic protocols. The NCAA doesn’t even want to sanction blatant cheating and violations of long-standing rules. 

But I don’t see how having games postponed helps aggy make any stronger claim to a CFP spot than even Coastal Carolina or Liberty if aggy has to cancel games. 

Those stupid fuckers just have no clue about safety or common sense. As a culture, they truly are incapable of looking at a given situation and recognizing inherent risks. 

On 11/9/2020 at 1:40 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Doesn't aggy have the 12th man ready to step up for their covid infected brethren?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

it would be funny if aggy's football season ended the way Baylor's basketball season did.  best chance ever at winning it all, but season canceled because of COVID.

i don't think we're gonna lose the college football season, but aggy's hopes could go up in smoke because of the Rona depending on who can't play.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Going to be funny as hell when it's discovered that aggy has been falsifying test results.

They have a spike of positives among the student population right now. I didn't read the entire article above, so if it mentioned that, I am sorry. One of my kids knows someone in the dorms on campus. A lot of the students don't live in the dorms, but they're still getting together and doing young people stuff and it's spreading. Afterward I saw in the news the positivity rate doubled and it's now around 8% and climbing fast. They will all be heading home in two weeks so it's likely to go home with some of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
9 hours ago, Horn80 said:
Tennessee game Covid postponement will really hurt aggy.   

How? Bama, arkie, Kentucky, and Georgia beat the shit out of them. They aren't a good team. Aggy would beat them by 50. Not playing them will hurt actually. Pay attention.

Let’s see what happens.  If Tennessee should pull off the upset with this game being the last of season now.

Edited by Horn80

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

Not playing them will hurt actually. Pay attention.

if A&M could hide behind COVID and end their season right now, they would. This is the greatest Aggie season since 1939, because right now "everyone knows!!!!!!" A&M would be in the playoff if it started tomorrow, and "everyone knows!!!!!!!!!!!" they'd whup Ohio State and have Bama quaking in their boots for a rematch. 

You should heed your own advice and consider who you're talking about. This is A&M, the school whose response to decades of losing to Texas was "if you can't beat 'em, don't play 'em and just say you'd beat 'em if you ever did but they's too scareda you". 

9 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They have a spike of positives among the student population right now. I didn't read the entire article above, so if it mentioned that, I am sorry. One of my kids knows someone in the dorms on campus. A lot of the students don't live in the dorms, but they're still getting together and doing young people stuff and it's spreading. Afterward I saw in the news the positivity rate doubled and it's now around 8% and climbing fast. They will all be heading home in two weeks so it's likely to go home with some of them.

It could be that they are jamming 60% into their stadium when they were limited by the State to 25%. Just watch any of their games and you can tell that there is well more than 25%

3 hours ago, Orange&White said:

It could be that they are jamming 60% into their stadium when they were limited by the State to 25%. Just watch any of their games and you can tell that there is well more than 25%

Lord have mercy. My spouse is a Husker fan. I'm not into that much pain or desperation during a pandemic year.

22 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Going to be funny as hell when it's discovered that aggy has been falsifying test results.

Funny?

Funny is when something violates the way we think the world should work, and it does so a way that’s not threatening.

Aggy faking results is both expected and very threatening.